PDA

View Full Version : Views on current cuts to depts

07-25-2008, 08:06 PM
Just a question to eveyone !!
With all the layoffs of police officers/ firefighters/ Dispatchers and other support personal over what Admendment 1 has done. What is your opinon of the upcoming Admend 5 coming up to reduce property tax by 25%. How will this effect your agencies ??

** Admendment 1 was only a 5% reductions **

07-26-2008, 10:22 PM
It's just another excuse to keep your city or county's overpaid assistant's assistant. Since when does a secretary need two assistants? Give me a break! :evil: Instead of cutting from the top they cut from the bottom and then use the excuse about amendment 1. Where I used to work, instead of taking a look at city hall or other department where the "assistants" had assistants making high 5 figure salaries, the mgr would always threaten to cut from PD & FD ie. freeze on hiring, but yet still continue to hire "assistant's".

08-05-2008, 12:03 AM
It's just another excuse to keep your city or county's overpaid assistant's assistant. Since when does a secretary need two assistants? Give me a break! :evil: Instead of cutting from the top they cut from the bottom and then use the excuse about amendment 1. Where I used to work, instead of taking a look at city hall or other department where the "assistants" had assistants making high 5 figure salaries, the mgr would always threaten to cut from PD & FD ie. freeze on hiring, but yet still continue to hire "assistant's".

Exactly!! The cut our department and hire at city hall........If the public really knew how their money was really spent! And the good citizens thought they would actually do the right then when they jammed Amendment 1 down their throats. So what do they do, cut public safety and keep all their own perks!

08-05-2008, 01:32 AM
More bad news. All of these cut backs, especially to public safety, will certainly have a profound effect. I don't want to hear anyone that voted for Amendment 1 complaining about anything related to slow responses or backed up logs/calls. The report of traffic accidents has decreased, due to fuel costs, but the crime rate will increase because people are losing their jobs and having either domestics or involved in thefts/robberies to survive. Vote No Amendment 5..

08-05-2008, 01:38 PM
Just a question to eveyone !!
With all the layoffs of police officers/ firefighters/ Dispatchers and other support personal over what Admendment 1 has done. What is your opinon of the upcoming Admend 5 coming up to reduce property tax by 25%. How will this effect your agencies ??

It will not effect public safety at all. That admendment only effects the state public school portion of your tax bill, which is replaced by a 1% state sales tax increase in the language.