PDA

View Full Version : Finch Texas Ranger...err I mean..USF Ranger

07-25-2008, 02:31 AM
The head Karate guy, I'm always right and your always wrong..., fired off a live round from his pistol during training?....geez!. It makes me scared now thinking of the training I went through with him pointing his gun around. Will he be discplined for this action? I sincerelly hope so, this is totally an unacceptable practice!

07-25-2008, 03:37 AM
Did the people in training with him that day do a Flench reaction and then compose themselves, and react in a Spear move stance when the gun shot went off?

07-25-2008, 08:17 AM
Equally shocked... but totally supportive of the Sergeant. I was hoping it wouldn't show up here. He is a good man, and has been only helpful and supportive to me. I wasn't there, but I will take a few rounds fired over my head if they will just bring back the MPO program.

07-25-2008, 10:13 AM
Did the people in training with him that day do a Flench reaction and then compose themselves, and react in a Spear move stance when the gun shot went off?

LOL!

07-25-2008, 11:42 AM
This post is completely unnecessary.

07-25-2008, 12:47 PM
This post is completely unnecessary.

Very true

07-25-2008, 04:24 PM
Equally shocked... but totally supportive of the Sergeant. I was hoping it wouldn't show up here. He is a good man, and has been only helpful and supportive to me. I wasn't there, but I will take a few rounds fired over my head if they will just bring back the MPO program.
Same here. Very supportive. Accidents happen to everyone at some time. This person has brought our training program up to par if not beyond that of what I ever expected to see at a small agency. Glad no one got hurt. That's the main thing.

07-25-2008, 09:51 PM
Well, first off, you need to call it what it was - a NEGLIGENT discharge, not an accident. An accident was something you stopped having when you mastered the use of the toilet. Training deaths in Law Enforcement are far and away more costly than 'traditional' line of duty deaths. They are simply unacceptable. Period. Thats why IALEFI, NTOA, and other reputable professional associations are studying training deaths.

Examine how/why it happened. Determine who caused it to happen. And create policy and procedure to ensure it doesn't happen again. I venture to say no new policy will be forthcoming because existing policies and procedures probably already exist. So then the question is, what do we do with an instructor, who is also a supervisor, and is also a Law Enforcement Officer when he/she demonstrates that they can not (or will not) follow the established policies and procedures of the very department that has selected them to be an instructor and a supervisor?

That, my friends, is your $64K question!

07-25-2008, 11:43 PM
I dont think we have a policy that states you cant shoot the new recruits. Maybe now we will.

07-26-2008, 06:41 PM
I am certain the ones bashing Finch are fat and punkish in nature. Finch, though a bit arrogant, is one of the few at your agency that looks like a real cop. Let us now start our fat list; beginning with an overturned p/u on a round-a-bout................ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

07-26-2008, 10:29 PM
Thats BS! Even rounder people can do this job! It dosen't take a Karate expert to do this job, other things besides that makes a good cop. I would say Finch's attitude towards others and his self rightous pride, probably caused this post to even be posted in the first place.

07-27-2008, 08:02 AM
Thats BS! Even rounder people can do this job! It dosen't take a Karate expert to do this job, other things besides that makes a good cop. I would say Finch's attitude towards others and his self rightous pride, probably caused this post to even be posted in the first place.

Exactly !!

07-28-2008, 09:47 PM
N o boob, when you are gettin' yo' tail handed to you by a perp. it is always better to have a backup that can handle the biz'. not one that will arrive out of breath...................we saw that happen more than once :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

07-29-2008, 09:32 AM
It is nice to see that "40" is still alive and well. Let me tell you that I worked with him for several years and he is more S20 now then ever before. He was a piss poor cop back then and is a piss poor human being now. It is so funny to see how he can not move on with his life since working here. But I guess when your wife leaves you, you have no friends, and your a freak you just try and cling on to whatever sense of normalcy you thought you once had.

Gosh 40 we all do miss you so much, you always brightened our day with laughter....at you of course. We will always think fondly of you when we recall your warm hearted stories....you know the time you got suspended for "Flexing" those sticks of yours, or the time you got suspended for....well I dont have all day. Hope all is well ray.....glory hole to you sir.

07-29-2008, 10:03 AM
It is nice to see that "40" is still alive and well. Let me tell you that I worked with him for several years and he is more S20 now then ever before. He was a piss poor cop back then and is a piss poor human being now. It is so funny to see how he can not move on with his life since working here. But I guess when your wife leaves you, you have no friends, and your a freak you just try and cling on to whatever sense of normalcy you thought you once had.

Gosh 40 we all do miss you so much, you always brightened our day with laughter....at you of course. We will always think fondly of you when we recall your warm hearted stories....you know the time you got suspended for "Flexing" those sticks of yours, or the time you got suspended for....well I dont have all day. Hope all is well ray.....glory hole to you sir.

You stooping down to his level doesn't say much about you.

07-31-2008, 10:04 PM
Wrong dude guest, but anyhoo.............beside your lack of tone and income; is all else well? 40 must have left a bad taste in your MOUTH to recall sooooooo much inaccurate detail, though, as I stated earlier........IS MONEY TIGHT? Bills must be he!! with those 2% leaps in yearly income. Kids eat it up on top of that. I imagine back in the day, you were one of those that either ; lied, sat under a tree, told yourself that anyone gave a darn orrrrrrrrrrrr just let the perps escape on foot as you sat watching, wishing your round soft flesh could catch em' :lol: YA LIL' SQUIRREL. I think 40 (as you call whomever) is doing financialy well and has a few cuties on the side to boot 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: TIP: RAYON ONLY STRETCHES SO FAR,,,HAVE A GOODSHIFT SOUL JA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMFj0sWp ... re=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMFj0sWpIAI&feature=related)

08-01-2008, 01:16 AM
I looked at that video posted by 40, and after watching it, it's really sad. The government has done everything to make things equal in this society, but in the process on trying to bring them up to a better level, unforunately we as society have been brought down to their level in general...., its true and sad. I'm for Paying out the money, the Reperations trifold..., but I don't think it will do much or help the American society as whole, I really don't.

08-01-2008, 02:18 AM
I am for paying all the reporations too, and triple the amount needed to get it settled, but I really don't think it would, I really don't.

08-08-2008, 05:02 AM
I don't know what is going on at USF, but form reviewing what happend there, as a DT instructor and Firearmes instructor, this incident should get some major disciplinary action. It is totally unaccepatable.

08-09-2008, 08:31 AM
Well, first off, you need to call it what it was - a NEGLIGENT discharge, not an accident. An accident was something you stopped having when you mastered the use of the toilet. Training deaths in Law Enforcement are far and away more costly than 'traditional' line of duty deaths. They are simply unacceptable. Period. Thats why IALEFI, NTOA, and other reputable professional associations are studying training deaths.

Examine how/why it happened. Determine who caused it to happen. And create policy and procedure to ensure it doesn't happen again. I venture to say no new policy will be forthcoming because existing policies and procedures probably already exist. So then the question is, what do we do with an instructor, who is also a supervisor, and is also a Law Enforcement Officer when he/she demonstrates that they can not (or will not) follow the established policies and procedures of the very department that has selected them to be an instructor and a supervisor?

That, my friends, is your $64K question! WHY DID HE HAVE A LOADED WEAPON IN A TRAINING CLASS HANDLING IT ANYWAY? THAT WOULD BE THE FIRST MISTAKE! NO LOADED FIREARMS UNHOLSTERED PERIOD UNLESS YOU'RE ON THE RANGE! WHEN IN TRAINING CLASS WITH AN UNLOADED WEAPON A SECOND PERSON MUST CHECK THE WEAPON IS CLEAR ANYWAY BEFORE YOU GO WAVING IT AROUND AND SHOOT SOMEONE'S EAR OFF! SOMEONE NEEDS REMEDIAL TRAINING! HERE'S WHAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED! 50 CENT, TOO SHORT ALL OF EM! HE BE THE ONLY ONE PROFESSIONAL! LMAO!(CHECK OUT THIS LINK!)
http://www.nearlygood.com/video/copshootsleg.html

08-10-2008, 04:23 AM
Yes, this entire incident is unacceptable and needs to be addressed, but unfortunately it probably won't be, because he is the head DT instructor. I have seen this type of recklessness before, and I am not suprised. It was just a matter of time.

08-11-2008, 10:32 PM
Yes, this entire incident is unacceptable and needs to be addressed, but unfortunately it probably won't be, because he is the head DT instructor. I have seen this type of recklessness before, and I am not suprised. It was just a matter of time.

Heard he got one day suspension, but it might cost him more in October. He might not get the raise, or the bonus because of the wording in the contract. Of course, the way things are going with the budget, theres a chance none of us will get the raise or bonus.

08-14-2008, 04:01 AM
Doubt, he got any discipline. Sucks if he didn't get the bonus, but others didn't on this type of contract. My question is, how could any union contract allow for bonues on performance pay anyways? Thats really all subjectable upon your personal relationship with your supervisor. I know there are some that would be making some less money if this crap had been in contracts 10 yrs ago. Think you're in a good union? Not really, as long as this crap is being passed in a contract. It's all very subjectable, and BS! Thats one of the things that suck at USF..., there really is no police union, and you get just a little bit better than the average worker at USF..., average staff and janitor raises..and held to the same standards of raises!

08-14-2008, 04:19 AM
Ya, besides almost shooting someone, his full contact DT trainings are almost always guaranteed to take out a person or two. We already have a shortage on manpower, how much more can we take?

08-14-2008, 05:28 AM
I DEMAND TO KNOW THE MONEY SPENT ON THE USELESS DT GEAR, AND THE NEWEST DT PHIILOSOPHY GOING! AND ON TOP OF THAT, THE USELESS TAC TEAM GEAR, THAT HAS BEEN SPENT, AND CONTINUES TO BE SPENT BY THIS DEPARTMENT! THIS RANKS UP THERE WITH THE STUPID MONEY SPENT ON BUILDING REPAIRS, THE CHARACTER FIRST PROGRAM (WHAT A JOKE!), AND THE ICS BS! SOMONE IS GETTING RICH OFF OF ALL THIS BS STUFF! THOUSANDS TO COULD HAVE BEEN SAVED AND SPENT ELSEWHERE. TOO BAD THE ADMIN HAS TO SPEND MONEY ON THE LATEST FAD TO FEEL EQUAL.

08-14-2008, 05:32 PM
Yes, the incident was unfortunate, however I think the Sgt. does a great job training our people with very limited resources. The DT training is set up to be realistic, rather than a useless ballet routine. Personally I'll take a couple bruises in the mat room over ending up in a box, covered with a flag. Despite what happened, I still trust the man implicitly. As far as the "wasted money" for the TRT, the team has been almost exclusively funded by its members, since the department has no money to spend on us. Other than the half-dozen (modestly priced) carbines, please explain what other department funding has been used. Personally, I haven't been issued a single piece of TRT-related equipment, and I've had to burn any training time. I would love to have some of that "useless Tac team gear", please tell me where you're hiding it so I can stop mowing lawns in order to buy my own.

08-19-2008, 11:55 AM
I DEMAND TO KNOW THE MONEY SPENT ON THE USELESS DT GEAR, AND THE NEWEST DT PHIILOSOPHY GOING! AND ON TOP OF THAT, THE USELESS TAC TEAM GEAR, THAT HAS BEEN SPENT, AND CONTINUES TO BE SPENT BY THIS DEPARTMENT! THIS RANKS UP THERE WITH THE STUPID MONEY SPENT ON BUILDING REPAIRS, THE CHARACTER FIRST PROGRAM (WHAT A JOKE!), AND THE ICS BS! SOMONE IS GETTING RICH OFF OF ALL THIS BS STUFF! THOUSANDS TO COULD HAVE BEEN SAVED AND SPENT ELSEWHERE. TOO BAD THE ADMIN HAS TO SPEND MONEY ON THE LATEST FAD TO FEEL EQUAL.

Well, since you demand to know everything and are obviously quite a powerful person here are the answers for you: First, there is no useless DT gear only useless people who sometimes wear DT gear when told to do so. Seecond, it was purchased several years ago. The gear is there to protect the student, if that makes it useless to you maybe your attitude needs to get checked. The Redman gear came from a RAD grant. DT philosophy has no price tag, there has been no equipment purchased for the Tac Team. ICS is Federally required through FEMA so you will have to give them a call on that one. As for the building repairs you will need to ask administration of the University. Character First was a joke but you are still living in the past if that bothers you now. HOPE I COULD BE OF SOME ASSISTANCE TO YOU.

08-20-2008, 09:12 PM
SGT BOOB, Time finds it's own sweet way of displaying the truth.........until then..let us use a symbol describing you........Elmer Fudd, blindfolded holding a slingshot with a frozen pea as ammo :devil: :devil:

Remember, skirt the danger and wait, just wait.....be safe soul ja

10-08-2008, 11:20 PM
Wondering what happened with this situation at South Florida with the Training Sgt. that fired off a shot in training? Any discipline received for that? Any new training Policy implemented?

10-09-2008, 01:15 AM
That's why they shouldn't allow campus police to carry real guns :!: :shock: :lol:

10-09-2008, 03:18 AM
A Gross Negligence of Duty I would say.

10-09-2008, 05:45 PM
Wondering what happened with this situation at South Florida with the Training Sgt. that fired off a shot in training? Any discipline received for that? Any new training Policy implemented?

"Duck and cover" training is being scheduled in December.

10-09-2008, 10:12 PM
Home and Hurt for the Holidays. Over/ under on injuries anyone?

10-10-2008, 03:41 PM
That's why they shouldn't allow campus police to carry real guns :!: :shock: :lol:

What a dumbass thing to say. That was only one isolated mistake, and he has suffered more from it than anyone else.

The last time before that one of us fired a shot on duty was when returning fire on someone shooting at our officer. That was in 2004.

It can happen anywhere bro. Grow up please.

10-17-2008, 02:05 AM
How are live weapons allowed in any of your training exercises? And if they were, unholstered and fired? Thats a major no-no from the DT instructor training I have received and trained in.

08-16-2009, 06:44 AM
Reading through some of your posts on the forums and thinking of applying. Just wondering what ever happened with the DT instructor in this incident, thanks?

08-16-2009, 07:26 PM
What Happened to him ???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Basically - NOTHING :shock:

08-17-2009, 08:59 PM
What Happened to him ???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Basically - NOTHING :shock:

Anyone else, anywhere else - Finished. Not here.

09-05-2009, 01:00 AM
Well, what happened to him. I will call the Oracle and have them make a juicy story of it. Let's revisit this incident and cause more shame hehe here we go :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

09-08-2009, 03:45 AM
Just another IA complaint of someone at the UP that pointed a pistol at someone. They both got of pretty much Scot free.

09-08-2009, 04:41 AM
I heard, evidently they both got off from the IA's, and got promoted? What a joke!

09-08-2009, 04:15 PM
Still bitter Ray Ray ??? Everyone here is doing just fine....sorry but we don't miss you.

Regards,

09-12-2009, 06:21 AM
Judy, Judy, Judy

Was it Cary Grant or William Holden, still not sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_amlArIebI

09-12-2009, 06:37 AM
I heard that Longo, follows straight from the books of the court of Justice Roy Bean; Law West of the Pecos. How did these two slip away from justice?

09-15-2009, 01:43 AM
hey vargo, how is that fall from grace going? still working as a bouncer at the dallas bull? hahahahahahahahahahah

09-15-2009, 03:39 AM
What kind of DT training are you running there at USF? The Training Sgt. brings in a loaded pistol to a training session, points it at a guys head and pulls the trigger..., firing off a shot almost killing the guy? And he still has a job? What kind of program are you running there? From what I have heard the Chief at USF is quick and harsh on discipline given out to his employees. How did this situation escape discipline? Is the guy still the Sgt. in charge of training there?

10-01-2009, 02:51 AM
Discipline at USF is weird, there is a progressive discipline model that is supposed to be followed, but it is rarely followed. Under this Chief, he usually goes straight for the highest discipline possible, skipping the steps. In this case of a gross neglect of duty, he was strangely very lenient on the discipline.

10-01-2009, 08:10 PM
What kind of DT training are you running there at USF? The Training Sgt. brings in a loaded pistol to a training session, points it at a guys head and pulls the trigger..., firing off a shot almost killing the guy? And he still has a job? What kind of program are you running there? From what I have heard the Chief at USF is quick and harsh on discipline given out to his employees. How did this situation escape discipline? Is the guy still the Sgt. in charge of training there?

It was a stupid move and he came to all the briefings and told everyone of his F up. He was embarrassed and extremely sorry about it.
Everyone involved has moved on and learned from a stupid mistake. Perhaps you should also.

10-02-2009, 03:15 AM
Of course he did. It would be great if everyone could apologize for there screw ups and get a slap on the wrist for what they did. I think the point is that the discipline at the UP is not equally for fairly given out. It depends on who you are it seems. I agree under the circumstances let it rest, the guy knows what he did and hopefully will not do anything that stupid again in the future.

10-02-2009, 01:11 PM
Of course he did. It would be great if everyone could apologize for there screw ups and get a slap on the wrist for what they did. I think the point is that the discipline at the UP is not equally for fairly given out. It depends on who you are it seems. I agree under the circumstances let it rest, the guy knows what he did and hopefully will not do anything that stupid again in the future.

Yes, follow your own advice and give it a rest. Progressive discipline was used in this case. He was suspended for what happened. No one feels worse about it then he does. What do you want?? I'm sure he relives that moment every day and wishes he could take it back. For all the good things he has taught in Defensive Tactics, it's unfortunate that he will be remembered for this. People make mistakes, lets not crucify this guy everyday for it.

12-02-2009, 04:00 AM
Reading this is funny. I left usf pd about 10yrs ago. I tried getting into the DT progam there, but clashed with the guy that was running the program, and was turned off by working with him. What an ego/pride on that guy. I see things haven't changed and he is still is running the program. I feel sorry for the ones wanting to be DT instructors since I left that haven't bowed down to him.

12-24-2009, 06:29 PM
At the end of the day, you're all still just campus cops

12-24-2009, 10:28 PM
...and you're still a loser who stalks this site between jerk off sessions of internet porn.

12-25-2009, 04:59 AM
...and you're still a loser who stalks this site between jerk off sessions of internet porn.

So what, I have the password to your wife's paysite

12-26-2009, 03:12 AM
Beside who is watching the porn of who, I still can't believe that guy got away with the weak punishment he did, and is still holds his job as the head DT instructor, thats what is screwed up!

01-03-2010, 03:32 PM
Let's face it, the guy got off easy. I liked him when I worked there. It is a serious mistake he made and the discipline was mild. I must add, though, he is 1 of about 3 officers at your agency that are worth a damn and can actually hand someone their ass if needed. You have some fat puds there that cannot do a damn thing but cover their asses with coverup stories. I now make 6 figures a year and laugh when I look back at all the $hit you idiots put up with. I saw the old chief(Johnson) the other day and told him he was a 'sisbag of a man'. He recognized me and looked down at the ground. What a friggin mouse that fool was. AHYWHO, leave Bob alone. You idiots that feel what he did was worse than your dishonesty, are fooling yourselves. Before you reply to this post, make sure you attach your real name to it so that I may contact you to reiterate your pathetic outlook and underachieving minds. The only mistake Bob made was not going to a larger agency where 'real' men and women could appreciate his training and knowledge. Have a good day and know that the realestate and import/export wine business is doing well despite state cuts and USFPD budget issues. :oops: Now, back to looking at myself in a mirror........ :P

01-03-2010, 03:52 PM
And your real name is??????????

01-03-2010, 04:05 PM
I know who he is and he knows that I know. The last time I saw him at the state fair I walked right toward him saying "Let's go, pu$$y" but he just ducked his head and turned away walking very quickly.
He was a punk when he worked here and he left because he couldnt handle the streets and facing the unknown like a man.
He wont post his name but I am not revealing his identity to see if he finally grew a set and might do it himself.

01-04-2010, 03:53 PM
And your real name is??????????

import/export wine business is doing well despite state cuts and USFPD budget issues. :oops: Now, back to looking at myself in a mirror........ :P

You're Art Vandelay. So are you going to focus on the import or the export?

01-05-2010, 09:59 PM
I ducked so you wouldn't see the cold sore your wife gave me when she sat on my face.

01-06-2010, 12:17 AM
I ducked so you wouldn't see the cold sore your wife gave me when she sat on my face.

Jesus Christ, will you idiots let this drop already?

08-09-2010, 04:02 AM
Oh.... that arrogant ahole shouldn't have gotten off as easy as he did for that major violation. He should have been fired or demoted for that incient.

08-09-2010, 08:56 AM
Oh.... that arrogant ahole shouldn't have gotten off as easy as he did for that major violation. He should have been fired or demoted for that incient.
Fired, no. Demoted, I don't think so. However we all know USFPD doesn't have any rhyme or reason for how they enforce discipline. The punishment depends on how well you are liked or disliked by command. The actual or implied violations that may or may not have occurred are not relevant. If you are well liked and not considered a threat to the status quo then your discipline will be minor no matter if you are arrested for DUI with a trainee in the car, write a worthless check at Publix, get the cops called to your house, slash a suspects car tires because they ran from you, have a negligent discharge in the training trailer or get into a shooting after a pursuit that was visibly outside of policy. Gotta love Lt. D's creative explanation to the SAO on that one. :roll: However, if you are considered a threat or are not liked then you are at the mercy of the literary geniuses in the command staff. And remember. The rules don't apply to the command staff. They believe themselves to be exempt and above everything, including your rights. Protect yourself and stand together against corruption.
.esq

08-10-2010, 04:26 PM
Fired, no. Demoted, I don't think so. However we all know USFPD doesn't have any rhyme or reason for how they enforce discipline. The punishment depends on how well you are liked or disliked by command. The actual or implied violations that may or may not have occurred are not relevant. If you are well liked and not considered a threat to the status quo then your discipline will be minor no matter if you are arrested for DUI with a trainee in the car, write a worthless check at Publix, get the cops called to your house, slash a suspects car tires because they ran from you, have a negligent discharge in the training trailer or get into a shooting after a pursuit that was visibly outside of policy. Gotta love Lt. D's creative explanation to the SAO on that one. :roll: However, if you are considered a threat or are not liked then you are at the mercy of the literary geniuses in the command staff. And remember. The rules don't apply to the command staff. They believe themselves to be exempt and above everything, including your rights. Protect yourself and stand together against corruption.
.esq

ANYONE who has been here a while knows this post to be BULL$HIT! Discipline is not as unevenly enforced as this malcontent would have us all believe and unlike some places, our command staff knows the difference between honest mistakes and deliberate rule breaking. Thats why the cruds who like to whine on this blog say what they do (this quoted post is one of them) because they got what they deserved. The training trailer incident was a dumb mistake but was not deliberate. Get over it. The "pursuit" that ended in a shooting? It was never called out as a pursiut and the attempt to stop the car was good police work in action which is proved by the driver shooting at our guy. But then I bet the poster of this quote wouldnt know good police work if it fell on him. Also to bad our guy didnt have any backup rushing to his side but thats another embarrassing story. Unfortnatly some of our "old timers" like to hide during their shifts and avoid trouble. But that badge sure does make them feel tough when they look at their sorry a$$e$ in the mirror. Whip it hard!!! Grow a set boys.

08-10-2010, 04:50 PM
So what you are saying is I'm not fleeing to elude when a marked patrol car is behind me with their lights on as I'm speeding away. Oh, I understand, he didn't turn on his horns till he decided to run a red light after doing almost triple the speed limit down Laurel. Give me a break, call it what you want, and hid behind your rules, but the initial stop was a VERY minor traffic violation, and that officer was out of policy pursuing, chasing, or following that vehicle. You may be able to BS the rookies, but those of us who have been here know that discipline is not fair, or used in a consistent manner.

08-10-2010, 06:08 PM
.esq

ANYONE who has been here a while knows this post to be BULL$HIT! Discipline is not as unevenly enforced as this malcontent would have us all believe and unlike some places, our command staff knows the difference between honest mistakes and deliberate rule breaking. Thats why the cruds who like to whine on this blog say what they do (this quoted post is one of them) because they got what they deserved. The training trailer incident was a dumb mistake but was not deliberate. Get over it. The "pursuit" that ended in a shooting? It was never called out as a pursiut and the attempt to stop the car was good police work in action which is proved by the driver shooting at our guy. But then I bet the poster of this quote wouldnt know good police work if it fell on him. Also to bad our guy didnt have any backup rushing to his side but thats another embarrassing story. Unfortnatly some of our "old timers" like to hide during their shifts and avoid trouble. But that badge sure does make them feel tough when they look at their sorry a$$e$ in the mirror. Whip it hard!!! Grow a set boys.

The shooting was justified however that shouldn't justify the actions that lead to it. I've seen Sgt. B's shooting video and I've read Lt. D's report about it. I also know what our policy says about what a pursuit is. Don't get confused about the difference between fleeing to elude which is what the suspect does and the pursuit which is what the officer does. A pursuit is any attempt to capture a fleeing suspect when the suspect accelerates and drives erratically in an attempt to get away from the officer. There are very few instances that justify within policy when a pursuit CAN be initiated by an officer irregardless of when the suspect flees. It does matter that Sgt. B didn't radio his actions as they were happening. It does matters that the Cpl. didn't call off the pursuit as it drove past him. The video speaks for itself about Sgt. B's actions. He chased the car around speed bumps on Holly drive, in the wrong lane on N. Laurel drive all at a high rate of speed. He only sounded his siren when as the other poster mentioned that he was about to run a red light on N. Palm Drive. This WAS a vehicle pursuit and it WAS outside of USFPD policy. Period. USFPD did Sgt. B right because of the severity of the crash, the passenger's injuries, and subsequent shooting and later suicide of the barricaded suspect. Can you imagine the liability if the department said Sgt. B was outside of policy when he initiated the vehicle pursuit?

08-23-2010, 04:22 PM
I really loved Walker Texas Ranger. Chuck Norris is a great actor for those types of roles, he's also a very tough man.

08-23-2010, 09:25 PM
I really loved Walker Texas Ranger. Chuck Norris is a great actor for those types of roles, he's also a very tough man.

Coudnl't hide this for long :D