PDA

View Full Version : I am Amazed

07-24-2008, 07:21 AM
Officer Oreilly made it back from across seas, officer Brown made it back from Texas, and Officer Fitzpatrick cut his vacation a week short and made it back in time from Cota Rica, YET there was no chief???????

07-24-2008, 01:43 PM
Amazed is an understatement. I will not sit idly bye and watch a man disrespect the death of a great man nor disrespect the great department I once called home. For that reason I also will not hide behind a voice of anonymity. I am embarrassed that I once called you Chief and cannot wait until the day that you are permanently removed from my brain housing group. I know longer work at FMPD but I believe I have a duty to speak on this subject for the hurt members of FMPD that can’t because of fear that retaliation will occur. Someone should grow the intestinal fortitude to take that hillbilly’s shine box throw it out on Peck St and status 6 him from 10-19.

On another note based on the content of FMPDs threads on this site there are obviously a lot of problems at that Department. Based on that, Officer Widmans death, and finally the Chief’s refusal to attend the funeral I believe that the true character and values of Unity, Pride and Commitment shined yesterday proving the potential of that great department. Major Baker, Major Johnson, Cpt. Griffith, Lt. Eads and all the supervisors held their heads high and led the troops with distinction, for that they are true leaders.

I pray for the family of Officer Widman and hope that in the midst of tragedy you all can pull together and reinvigorate FMPD to it’s fullest potential of being one of the finest police departments in the state.

I will not respond to posts or bashes in response to this post, I have no emotional involvement in that nonsense

Gods Speed

ROMO # 337

07-24-2008, 05:30 PM
I recently left The Fort Myers Police Department, however I can not stand by and keep this feeling to myself.

I am deeply sorry for the loss that you all suffered in Officer Windman's passing. I grieve him as if I was standing next to him when it happened. My heart, prayers and soul go out to both all of you and Officer Windman's family. He will truly be missed.

I am also deeply disturbed by the fact that all of you must grieve without your Chief. I have been through a lot from the Military, to State Corrections and Law Enforcement and I have never seen anything like what he has done to all of you. A leader should lead by example, should cry with his Troops and pick them up when no one else is there. A leader should NEVER abandoned their Troops in time of need, NEVER !!!! There is no excuse for him and there never will be.

You will always be my friends, my Brothers and Sisters and my Family. My door will ALWAYS be opened to all of you and I will never turn my back on you. As long as I live you will never be forgotten for I will always bleed Blue.

Unity--to stand together as one
Pride--for the badge you wear
Commitment--because it is all about the Cop next to you

May God Blees you on and all,
your friend always,

Michael Jay Ronga

07-24-2008, 06:01 PM
I forgot to add one thing:

Hilton turning his back on his troops in their greatest time of need, and slapping the Department, The City Council, the citizens of Fort Myers, and the Widman family in the face after 30 years with the organization makes me physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually, and physiologically sick to my stomach. I hope he is forever remembered by his deliberate disrespect to the Law Enforcement community.

Stay safe, I miss you guys.

Gods Speed

Romo # 337

07-24-2008, 06:19 PM
We miss you too Romo. You were a great asset to this place, and it is ashame that the supervisors did not see your potential. Be safe brother...

07-24-2008, 06:30 PM
I HAVE WAITED UNTIL MANY POSTS HAVE APPEARED, SO AS THEY COULDN'T BLAME IT ON ME,LOL.
ON A MORE SERIOUS NOTE, MY THOUGHTS AND CONDOLENCES TO THE WIDMAN FAMILY AND ALL THAT THIS EFFECTED . I KNOW IT WOULD BE HIS NATURE TO FORGIVE, HOWEVER I BELIEVE THAT IS GOD'S JOB, AND I'M HAPPY A COUPLE OF OFFICERS SENT THE PERP. THERE AND PUT HIM IN THAT POSITION.
AS FOR THE CHIEF, NOW LISTEN BOYS ,ARE YOU REALLY SUPRISED THAT ANYTHING ELSE INAPROPRIATELY RUDE OOZED FROM THIS VENGEFUL,INEPT ,EXCUSE FOR A CHIEF.
LET THIS MAKE YOU STRONGER AND STENGHTEN CAMARADERIE TO A HIGHER LEVEL. THIS WAY THINGS LIKE WHAT HAPPENED TO MANY OF US WONT HAPPEN AGAIN. IF YOU LEARN ANYTHING FROM THAT MAN, LEARN WHAT NOT TO DO . THAT EXCUSE WAS AS LAME AS THE RV HE RENTED.
RISE ABOVE, STAY SAFE. SERGE RUGGIO #323

07-24-2008, 06:54 PM
Not to change the topic of this thread, but I just probed my "Brain housing group" and I am organizing my ideal shift. For ward 1 -Romo and Hawk 2-Tobeck and BJ 3-Ronga and Nobody (he's been in combat).

I need help with wards 4,5,6. No fragile males or females (trust me). I still need supervisors, and a seperate sergeant just assigned to "use of force" and high liability (again trust me).

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

07-24-2008, 08:49 PM
I was sickened yesterday when I arrived and did see the Chief there. I then got very angry, but was able to mourn the loss of a HERO in a proper manor. I like Romo am also ashamed that I called this POS chief. Hilton is a disgrace to the badge and the FMPD family, of which I once proudly served.

Besides being there for the HEROS family, why the hell is he not there defending the actions of BJ, Perry, Allan and everyone else who had the balls to end the threat to the public that night. This has been overlooked and is yet another example of why Hilton is a POS.

The simple fact of the matter is that there should be an emergency City Counsel meeting tonight and Hilton should be fired so that this POS has no chance of ever getting any kind of Leadership job again, since he is truly not a leader.

Baker you did an excellent job and I thank you, all though I feel you should not be the next chief. Dennis you are still the best supervisor I have (followed) I say this because you are in fact a leader, which I would follow to the gates of hell, with that point being made you did a great job, and I thank you.

Unlike ROMO my current agency hates LEOAFFAIRS and I will not give my name, but I will say that I miss you all and hope that this is the last time we will ever have to come together like this.

To the Hero GODS SPEED.

Stay safe and I miss you guys.

PS I would like to thank LCSO for the stand up they did.

07-24-2008, 08:51 PM
Not to change the topic of this thread, but I just probed my "Brain housing group" and I am organizing my ideal shift. For ward 1 -Romo and Hawk 2-Tobeck and BJ 3-Ronga and Nobody (he's been in combat).

I need help with wards 4,5,6. No fragile males or females (trust me). I still need supervisors, and a seperate sergeant just assigned to "use of force" and high liability (again trust me).

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Ward 4 - **** and Gut

Ward 5 –Ruggio

Ward 6 Perry

Bikes - Morrisey / Johnson

CPC - Joey S

Housing – Gonzalez

DB - Chitwood

Lt Eades

Sgt Lehman

Thus completes the dream team

07-24-2008, 09:02 PM
Traffic - Newberry

Sig - Masierso

Jam - J Martinez

K-9 - Ezra

Edison Mall - Faze

07-25-2008, 01:44 AM
its notewothy that the guys that came on here and signed their threads ,were all great cops and stand up guys. most importantly ,they were all run off ,one way or another by the subject/culprit of these posts.
will people ever wake up there and see the trail of wreckage left by that fool ,and his little weenie henchmen like roger and jim? Why are those politicians allowing the chief to peddle that outrageous excuse to the media.?! when will truth and fairness prevail?

07-25-2008, 01:58 AM
I overheard Reverend O'Toole call him a redneck a-hole liar!! :P

07-25-2008, 02:40 AM
Way to go Rev.! He deserved it!

07-25-2008, 02:56 AM
And people ask why I resigned..........what a joke. Some of the best officers in the World are at FMPD, and you're lead by a douche! Shame on Hitler Daniels! He needs to be fired, status 6 from 10-19, and black balled, just like he has to so many good officers!

God bless the Widmans, and the officers who are under this tyrant!

07-25-2008, 04:08 AM
According to Orbitz.com for $ 1,421.00 you can depart Great Falls International Airport in Helena, MT and after 3 stops and 14 hours of flight you will arrive at Southwest Florida International Airport in Fort Myers, Fl.
A small sacrifice to pay honor to a hero, a department, and a community.

Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys. Look on them as your own beloved sons and they will stand by you even unto death!

07-25-2008, 05:20 AM
Who would have thought we'd ever see the day when men like Anthony Thomas and Brother James show us more dignity and respect in a time of mourning and loss than our own so called leader.

This animal should be shunned by all when and if he returns. No one should so much as nod in his direction, let alone speak to him.

What a disgrace.

07-25-2008, 06:14 PM
WHEN YOU FEEL BIG ENOUGH TO THROW STONES, YOU SHOULD BE BIG ENOUGH TO SIGN YOUR NAME!

07-28-2008, 03:26 AM
so why didnt you sign your name ???? are to busy hiding under the dashboard with mr. mercury

07-28-2008, 09:04 AM
I hold a troop level position with the department, and just wanted to make a couple of points. "F" Hilton...We all feel the same way about that POS, but lets move on. This GOB mind set is about to change. Alot is about to change. We came together as one during the last ten days. We need to continue this strength, and focus on other areas. Over 30 employees are buying out (including admin), lets keep our heads in the game.

This is a contract year, and we are all going through many of the same issues such as pay and equipment. The guys I work with, as well as myself, are pissed off, and are hoping for a good contract this October.

* What is the city gonna do regarding their contribution towards our benifits, or a raise? (i.e. My family plan went up over $20.00 a paycheck).

* What is the city gonna do about cars, computers and other equipment?

* What perks are we asking for in this contract and how long is the contract? (i.e. Detail pay, more vacation/sick time banked every paycheck?

How come our PBA president is not informing us on how the negotiations are going, and what the contract looks like, or what we are expecting. I myself am very tired of getting numerous BS emails regarding Gov. Christ or other issues in the state. WHAT IS THE PBA DOING FOR US HERE IN THE FORT MYERS POLICE DEPARTMENT? Does our PBA president think by flooding our email with all that BS, that he is doing his job? HAAAA!!!

I recently asked a PBA board member about certain elements of the new contract, and he didnt know the answer. I am sorry, but this PBA represents us, and they should all be on the same page and have answers to my simple questions. This is OUR contract and I dont think we should have to track the PBA president, or his board members down for answers.

There are issues that are not contractual, but how would we know. We are too busy deleting other unrelated BS emails from the PBA. How many of us just delete the email when we see that its from the PBA? How about emailing us information that relates directly to the PROUD members of the Fort Myers Police department.

07-28-2008, 09:57 AM
Thanks for your concern Frank. Your Union has been and is currently working hard to secure greater benefits for you and your family. We are always in the fight trying to not only ensure that you have the equipment, supplies and support that you need to do the job in a safe and effective manner but that we also get you as much financial compensation as we possibly can especially in these difficult economic times.

The e-mail updates are sent out to our members on a regular basis in order to keep them informed of what issues the Union is or has been engaged in. These e-mails although annoying to you have been received with great apreciation from the vast majority of the members. However, feel free to delete them should they continue to be a source of annoyance to you.

The Union will continue to work hard for all it's members and appreciates the backing and support they have given us. Please continue to send in your comments, concerns and suggesstions that will enable us to continue to do the job for all of you.

07-28-2008, 01:56 PM
nice stroke job lloyd, but you skate around the issue like dancing with the stars!!
frank is right, but he sounds new, so let Me remind you--this has been going on for years!!! short cars ,equipment , manpower! officer safety not a pba issue? maybe we should go fop!
what about the lopsided dicipline that has gone on here under that pos hilton? the truth is ,that the pba exists only as much as admin lets it, and you can't really do more than ASK them to address these issues.
as for contracts you lobby them show up for "negotiations" and then take credit for any good that comes from it. time for the union to man up.

07-28-2008, 02:36 PM
Does anyone remember what is was like a couple years ago with our previous contract? All we heard was how much money we would receive and we received almost daily updates. In the end, all the money went to the supervisors and senior road guys. The council decided on a lump sum amount for our raise package, and allowed the veterans and supervisors to distribute it as they wished. Therefore, lieutenants received 10,000 a year in pay increases, and senior officers received 9,000. Younger officers received 2,000 to 3,000 a three in increases. Does this seem fair? Back to our current contract. Please don't hold your breath or think you will get a raise. Even though the city only lost 2.5 % in tax revenue (they will only continue to make more with all the businesses going up) we will be lucky to see a cost of living increase. As far as the benefits, they pulled a fast one with that. Everything went up across the boards, and a trip to the E.R. went from 50 bucks to 150 dollars. We must finally realize that our union can provide us with legal protection if necessary, which is wonderful, but for our contracts and other issues that city manager and council control our entire destiny.

07-28-2008, 11:38 PM
YOU WILL ALWAYS BE REMEBERED AS A HORRIBLE :twisted: LEADER :!: