PDA

View Full Version : New schedule

07-24-2008, 01:04 AM
The video clip from the June Cpts meeting stated that the new schedule was to be in place by the new fiscal year, that was over three weeks ago? The clip failed to leave out how the schedule was going to rotate w/ RDO's. The only clear direction was that 10 shifts were out.

Another example of broken leadership. FWC management wanted PBA in sooo bad that they told us barganing issues would happen quicker than with IUPA. So, sadly mistaken.

07-24-2008, 02:21 AM
every other agency in the state is going to 4 tens, and were going away from them. go figure

07-24-2008, 02:24 AM
Maybe you will see a pattern. No other agency wears cowboy hats.

07-25-2008, 01:36 AM
A lot of us like the hats. If you don't. go find an agency that has a hat that you like. If it makes you that miserable, you should not subect yourself to the torment. You have control of your destiny. If you hate it that bad, either promote and effect change or leave. It really is that simple!

07-25-2008, 12:12 PM
A lot of us like the hats. If you don't. go find an agency that has a hat that you like. If it makes you that miserable, you should not subect yourself to the torment. You have control of your destiny. If you hate it that bad, either promote and effect change or leave. It really is that simple!

Alot = the minority! You are the ones who make this outfit a laughing stock!! Just totally unprofessional and embarrassing. Not a look of law enforcement. But, then again FWC is a caring and compassionate agency. Just give them a verbal warning.

07-25-2008, 12:28 PM
Again, I don't understand why those of you that hate it so much want to stay. Can't you get a job with another agency that conforms to your standard of professionalism? Why do you stay with an agency that you hate and are not proud to be part of????? FHP, DEP, AG and DOT all have different hats. Choose one of them. If their hats don't suite you, try FDLE. They don't wear hats..... Why stay where you are unhappy? This is America and you are free to leave!

07-25-2008, 12:36 PM
When you have pride in what you do and believe in, maybe some of us would rather not look like bozo the clown doing it.

No, I will just wait until new command staff takes over and hopefully corrects it. Until then, the hat will collect dust in the basement and never ever be worn!

07-25-2008, 12:42 PM
Again, I don't understand why those of you that hate it so much want to stay. Can't you get a job with another agency that conforms to your standard of professionalism? Why do you stay with an agency that you hate and are not proud to be part of????? FHP, DEP, AG and DOT all have different hats. Choose one of them. If their hats don't suite you, try FDLE. They don't wear hats..... Why stay where you are unhappy? This is America and you are free to leave!

You want to talk about professionalism. First, find three more officers and ask them if they know the pursuit policy! Now that is embarrassing. If your officers cannot even follow or know the high liablity policies when asked, then the hats will fit in nicely. The dumb ole rednecks of FWC.

07-25-2008, 02:18 PM
someone has been watching the colonel's video :roll:

07-25-2008, 02:57 PM
It's there for the whole LE division to see. And, I encourage every officer to take the hour and some to watch it.

07-26-2008, 03:31 AM
Again, I don't understand why those of you that hate it so much want to stay. Can't you get a job with another agency that conforms to your standard of professionalism? Why do you stay with an agency that you hate and are not proud to be part of????? FHP, DEP, AG and DOT all have different hats. Choose one of them. If their hats don't suite you, try FDLE. They don't wear hats..... Why stay where you are unhappy? This is America and you are free to leave!Let me get this straight....Leave the agency if you dont like the hat? Are you serious? Your saying that noone has the right to not like something. You sound so silly with a statement like that. YOU and people like YOU have alot to do with the morale problems within our agency.

07-26-2008, 03:33 AM
Again, I don't understand why those of you that hate it so much want to stay. Can't you get a job with another agency that conforms to your standard of professionalism? Why do you stay with an agency that you hate and are not proud to be part of????? FHP, DEP, AG and DOT all have different hats. Choose one of them. If their hats don't suite you, try FDLE. They don't wear hats..... Why stay where you are unhappy? This is America and you are free to leave!Let me get this straight....Leave the agency if you dont like the hat? Are you serious? Your saying that noone has the right to not like something. You sound so silly with a statement like that. YOU and people like YOU have alot to do with the morale problems within our agency.

08-08-2008, 01:05 AM
Any word on when the new schedules are coming out?

09-11-2008, 12:02 AM
Wow! Another month has gone by and still no mention of the new schedules that PBA was supposed to fix that IUPA did not....making a schedule decision only takes over six years and counting...That is leadership by example, just sit on it and maybe the officers will forget.

10-05-2008, 04:02 AM
New schedule starts Oct. 17th

10-05-2008, 04:32 AM
Most captains are against this new schedule change as it has no day shift coverage on the weekends... But guess, what if the almighty command staff in Tallahassee has approved this new schedule then guess what-----it is Okay as FWC is NOT a 911 agency!! Get over it!

11-05-2008, 12:59 AM
Are you kidding me no one is happy about this except for the agency and pba. Because the agency can finally stop paying attorney fees for the ULP lawsuit and pba can say they helped the officers get a better schedule (which is BS). This whole schedule "Pilot program" is the exact schedule that we have been using. Also this best 8 out of 24 on C shift is great if you work in a low call volume area but those of us that work in high call volume areas have already been told that we will be working the same schedule we allways have been due to "Coverage issues". But what really p*sses me off is that the Union just decided to cave in and not ask the officers if they thought this was what was best in their area. I mean they asked us regarding our living circles but not the work schedule what a crock. And have you ever heard of a statewide pilot program. I wish they would have done that on 4 10's you probably would have gotten a more definitive answer from the officers then a 50/50 split. The present schedule we have, had to have been thrown together by a bunch of people that sit in their office monday-friday 8-5. Who in their right mind would want to work one month of days, one month of nights and then one month of 3 days and two nights, and then 8 times a year work seven days straight with no overtime or benefit to the officer. The Colonel said it herself that one schedule may not work for the entire state so why not let the areas decide. I am urging anyone who does not agree with this contact thier union reps ASAP and let them know how you feel so that this does not become permanant in march, because if no one objects then this debacle is what your stuck with and you have no one to blame but yourself.

11-05-2008, 12:19 PM
Nice try Lt. JC your crying at the meeting didnt work and it is not going to work here. I cant beleive anyone is up set. What other LE job do you know of where you get so much flexability to choose when you work.

11-06-2008, 03:28 PM
I agree with the first guy. This is a crock and I really hope it was a LT that posted that it would be a nice change of pace to have the Lt. stick up for his officers compared to some of these mean sorry sacks that we have right now. I will bet that the nice try is a LT. its people like you that caused us to end up in these stupid cowboy hats with no pay. And there is no other law enforcement agency with as much flexibility but what other law enforcement agency do you work for Dog P*ss with no chance of a raise ever. So you sit back and wear your Cowboy hat 24-7 while that rest of us try to make things better :evil:

11-12-2008, 05:53 PM
Now that the new schedule is in place is there any problems?