PDA

View Full Version : Hall of Shame

07-23-2008, 09:05 PM
I guess we now have yet another reason to hold our heads down in shame with all the shenanigans going on at CCSO--the pittiful turn out of support for fellow brother Widman in Lee County that everyone has noticed and commented about. We need to turn things around here--FAST!

07-23-2008, 09:41 PM
I noticed Cameron made sure to walk out real slow just in time to end up in front of the cameras.

07-23-2008, 10:24 PM
At least Cameron came to the funeral.

By the way about half of the CCSO deputies that showed at the funeral were part of the Honor Guard. So it looks really good for us when there are 10 CCSO deputies standing there and 100 Collier County deputies roll in.

Heaven forbid one of us ever falls in the line of duty, but I hope there would be a bigger show of respect and support than what I've seen the last couple days with the fundraising and funeral.

07-23-2008, 11:27 PM
I don't think Cameron had any business being there after telling us not to wear our bereavement bands "because we have to draw the line somewhere". He is no brother of mine!

07-24-2008, 03:14 AM
I don't think Cameron had any business being there after telling us not to wear our bereavement bands "because we have to draw the line somewhere". He is no brother of mine!

I don't believe it was Cameron that told us not to wear our bands. My understanding was Maj. Caro gave the order not to wear are bands and then later changed his mind and stated we could wear are bands.

As far as the turnout for the funeral, do not lump every deputy into your statement. i along with several other deputies wanted to attend, however, Unfortunately I had to work the night shift and did not get off duty until late so it was not possible for me to attend. However, I did watch the funeral when it was broadcast live on t.v. and I have also made a donation to the officer's family. I also know that many ccso deputies also made donations to the family so the statement about not supporting Officer Widman and his family is unfair.

RIP Officer Andrew Widman

07-24-2008, 05:36 AM
Funny thing is I saw at least one deputy who worked the night before and one that was there who had to work that night. I don't think your excuse of working the night before has a whole lot of merit to it.

I am lumping most of our deputies into the statements made because it was a shame that only 20 showed up to show their respect. I bet if you had a detail the next morning you would have been up and ready to work it.

I was waiting to hear the excuses, save them for what they are: AN EXCUSE!

Thanks to K.Hill and B. Stender for making the trip down to show your respect even though you had to work the night before and tonight.

07-24-2008, 05:38 AM
If you watched it on TV live then you could have been down there.....nuff said!!!!!!!!

07-24-2008, 08:31 AM
If you watched it on TV live then you could have been down there.....nuff said!!!!!!!!

How is watching it on TV in your pajamas the same thing as going to the service and SHOWING support for the family and RESPECT for our fallen brother.

Andrew is a member of our family and deserves to be treated as such.

07-24-2008, 01:41 PM
When I wrote the comment about watching it on TV and being there. IT was meant to say that you should have been there if you watched it on TV. I wasn't saying it was the same as being there, I meant the exact opposite.

07-24-2008, 04:12 PM
My bad. Thanks for clarifying. Not sure how I misunderstood that one. It was early when I read it. Ha.

07-25-2008, 01:24 AM
Some people do well operating on little/no sleep, others don't. I don't think that any of us should stand in judgment of anyone else because they did or did not attend a funeral or because they did or did not contribute financially, etc. unless we are prepared to be judged for things that we were not capable of doing, for reasons that are perfectly valid to us but maybe not others.

But welcome to CCSO, right?

07-25-2008, 05:33 AM
If that makes you feel better about not showing support..then I guess it works!!!

07-25-2008, 07:11 AM
Some people do well operating on little/no sleep, others don't. I don't think that any of us should stand in judgment of anyone else because they did or did not attend a funeral or because they did or did not contribute financially, etc. unless we are prepared to be judged for things that we were not capable of doing, for reasons that are perfectly valid to us but maybe not others.

But welcome to CCSO, right?

I happen to agree with you but for only 1% of us to show up is sad and for only 7 of us to volunteer time to collect donations is sad. We as an agency should have shown more support for our fallen brother.

07-25-2008, 12:35 PM
What is sad, is that we work for a department that doesn't stick together. We are suppose to be family and god forbid something happens to one of us, we would need the support for our families. Things have to change we all need to look out for each other. The back stabbing has to stop and we need to pull together. We are all cops and we need to get along and help each other, no matter what the circumstances are.

07-25-2008, 07:18 PM
That is going to be a hard task to accomplish. I can't even get backup when I do a traffic stop.... :(

07-28-2008, 06:55 PM
That is going to be a hard task to accomplish. I can't even get backup when I do a traffic stop.... :(

Then you have serious issues with the members of your district or squad. I have absolutely no problem getting back up anytime I ask for it as well as many times when I do not ask for it. Everyone on my squad works very well together and we all try and make sure we make it home at the end of our shift.

07-28-2008, 07:22 PM
I agree there are squads out there like that.....But there are a lot that do not back up their fellow officer. Just work outside your squad in other areas and you will see it. I feel like officers today are afraid to back you up because they might have to write a statement or something.

07-28-2008, 08:13 PM
I have read some of the threads on this post, I understand what some of you are saying but believe me your showing at Offricer Widmans service was very much appreciated and needed. Yhank you all. And trust me if CCSO is struck with a tradegy such as this we at FMPD will be there to assist and support in any way we can.

Dennis Eads
FMPD

07-31-2008, 02:10 AM
I have read some of the threads on this post, I understand what some of you are saying but believe me your showing at Offricer Widmans service was very much appreciated and needed. Yhank you all. And trust me if CCSO is struck with a tradegy such as this we at FMPD will be there to assist and support in any way we can.

Dennis Eads
FMPD

Good Post. We all have to stick together. Law Enforcement is a family. Only those in Law Enforcement can understand the bond that exists in law enforcement. When one of us falls, we all hurt. I do and will always support my fellow officers.

RIP Ofc. Widman.

ccsodeputy
07-31-2008, 02:20 AM
I agree there are squads out there like that.....But there are a lot that do not back up their fellow officer. Just work outside your squad in other areas and you will see it. I feel like officers today are afraid to back you up because they might have to write a statement or something.

I agree there are lazy azz deputies that are afraid to "get involved" because they may have to write a statement or something. They need to find another line of work.

I can assure you I will always back a fellow officer up, I don't care how many statements I have to write, I will always get involved if I am needed. I also don't let my personal feelings about certain deputies affect the way I respond. It doesn't matter to me if you are my best friend or if i hate your guts, if you need help I will be there, period.

I am also proud to say the deputies on my squad feel the same way. I suggest if you have deputies on your squad that will not back you up on x50's etc. you need to address it with them directly.