View Full Version : 80's trivia

07-23-2008, 07:26 AM
what happened to Mike Beckman?

07-23-2008, 09:19 AM
10-15 for signal 35

07-25-2008, 07:49 PM
Eve Milkman?

07-26-2008, 12:34 PM
No Eve went to N Lauderdale, so I guess she is BSO now. Beckman's victim was an underage girl he met, took to a bar, and then disgraced himself.

07-29-2008, 02:08 AM
what about Dan Smith?

07-29-2008, 02:33 AM
Remember when he use to visit with Magill?
Now he's a Honorable Judge!

07-29-2008, 04:46 AM
OK, I'll bite . Who is a judge now? Dan Smith?

07-29-2008, 02:32 PM
Dan Smith is in Missouri, telling tall tale no doubt. The judge? Joel Lazarus was Magills friend as a prosecutor before he got his robe.

07-30-2008, 12:15 PM
Frank Good? he was a Tango unit in the department..
road with Richard Hopke....It was back when the motor squad was
like over 6' tall and could ride a bike.

07-30-2008, 01:32 PM
Frank Good? he was a Tango unit in the department..
road with Richard Hopke....It was back when the motor squad was
like over 6' tall and could ride a bike.They could ride but they sure got knocked off the bikes alot by pisspoor drivers. Very dangerous job in FL.

09-11-2009, 10:59 PM
Six TAngo Two is here!!!!!!!!
Anybody remember my name?????????????????

09-12-2009, 02:06 AM
who is Marsha ?!?!?!??!?!

09-19-2009, 10:37 AM
who is Marsha ?!?!?!??!?!

Dis D*mb Biiiiattttch....that shot a perp in the arse while handcuffing him...cost the city $360,000 and got three stripes.

She later promoted to Sgt of VIN and brought that unit to a GRINDING halt. Road Patrol gets more 57 than her unit does.

Don't know how to write a warrant for shiiizzzaaat.

Tells people she keeps her crew in the office where she can " watch um, cuz if they screw up its my ass"

Pretty much a worthless piece of shiiiizzzaattt!

09-29-2009, 02:53 PM
I've been gone for quite some time but I check here every now and then to see how the
Ol' Department is doing. Reading these posts I surmise that "Miss Marsha" is now a Sgt?
Good God Almighty! Lord help you guys. I can only imagine what she is like as a supervisor. When I worked with her many years ago I never wanted her near any of my calls. I would absolutely cringe if she showed up as my backup. She was such an embarrassment. We always saw her as an impediment to anything we were trying to accomplish in the way of police work on the midnight shift many years ago.

One night early into my shift I was making the rounds in my zone. (Zone 56 I think it was.) Anyways, I drove behind Big Irv's and spotted a marked unit and an unmarked vehicle parked over in a dark corner near the racetrack fence. I went on my way as if I had not seen them. (And as it later turned out they thought that I had not spotted them.)
I pulled across the highway, parked out of sight, and got out on foot with my binoculars.
What I observed was "Miss Marsha" standing outside her vehicle meeting with a Captain and a Lt. (I think he was a Lt. at the time.) I went on my way, but during the shift I kept spotting the unmarked vehicle cruising by dispatched calls and driving through my zone several times. Not able to hold my tongue, I asked the Lt. the next time I saw him what had been going on. He informed me that our "Miss Marsha" had gone to the brass with a litany of complaints concerning the midnight shift. They were sleeping, not backing her up, mocking her on the radio, sluffing calls, carousing, etc. In short, she RATTED OUT her coworkers. The brass found her allegations completely bogus. I'm probably not divulging anything you all don't know. Just beware guys, cause a tiger never changes it's stripes.

09-29-2009, 07:12 PM
I've been gone for quite some time but I check here every now and then to see how the
Ol' Department is doing. Reading these posts I surmise that "Miss Marsha" is now a Sgt?
Good God Almighty! Lord help you guys. I can only imagine what she is like as a supervisor. When I worked with her many years ago I never wanted her near any of my calls. I would absolutely cringe if she showed up as my backup. She was such an embarrassment. We always saw her as an impediment to anything we were trying to accomplish in the way of police work on the midnight shift many years ago.

One night early into my shift I was making the rounds in my zone. (Zone 56 I think it was.) Anyways, I drove behind Big Irv's and spotted a marked unit and an unmarked vehicle parked over in a dark corner near the racetrack fence. I went on my way as if I had not seen them. (And as it later turned out they thought that I had not spotted them.)
I pulled across the highway, parked out of sight, and got out on foot with my binoculars.
What I observed was "Miss Marsha" standing outside her vehicle meeting with a Captain and a Lt. (I think he was a Lt. at the time.) I went on my way, but during the shift I kept spotting the unmarked vehicle cruising by dispatched calls and driving through my zone several times. Not able to hold my tongue, I asked the Lt. the next time I saw him what had been going on. He informed me that our "Miss Marsha" had gone to the brass with a litany of complaints concerning the midnight shift. They were sleeping, not backing her up, mocking her on the radio, sluffing calls, carousing, etc. In short, she RATTED OUT her coworkers. The brass found her allegations completely bogus. I'm probably not divulging anything you all don't know. Just beware guys, cause a tiger never changes it's stripes.Thats why the light bar flew off her car when she rounded the corner at Federal hwy and Hall Bch Blvd. When she came on main channell and said in that stupid country accent "MY Light Bar Just Flew Off My Car" She received a barrage of clicks and howls and lauaghs on the radio. She deserved it. She is a rat and whoever works for her she will tell you one thing then try to get you in trouble. I feel sorry for anyone who has to work for her. She was also having a sexual relationship with Sgt Grahn, who was our midnight sgt. at the time. She was just doing it so she could get some special treatment. Roaden is definitly bad news and my advice would be to stay as far away from her as possible. Whoever wrote this post I'm sure we worked together on the same sqaud as we remember the same things.
I usually worked alpha 63 but we moved around quite a bit.

10-02-2009, 07:08 PM
she still a friggin rat, thats why she so protected even though shes a bumbling idiot. i worked with her when she was a sgt on midnites and at the end of her shift would always hang out in the parking lot for an extra hour or two until kirchoff came in. then she would give him updates on who's doin what. ask anybody who worked with her, she didnt even try to hide it. she did it too cause she didnt have the stones to make any decisions so kirchoff would do it for her. she couldnt even do the simple jobs of a patrol sgt, god only knows what a mess she is up in special operations. she used to latch on to senior officers like marchese and mcvey and ask them to make every decision on scenes for her cause shes to much of a bumbling pooswaa to do it herself. but as long as she feeds info to that pooswaa kirchoff she'll keep her spot :evil:

10-04-2009, 11:39 PM
My roommate is a narc in Ft Laud. He didnt mention anything about her being a rat, but he says every unit in the county avoids her like the plague because she is such an idiot. Apparently shes common knowledge and Hollywood and BSO hate her so much they just do their work in hackandale without telling anybody.

10-06-2009, 12:59 PM
Seems that everybody shares the same opinion of "Miss Marsha." I was detached to a HIDTA group for a number of years and worked with a couple of Hallandale guys. We all agreed that she was a joke. A couple of years ago my agency was running a sting operation along with the FBI. During the operation I met three Hallandale Detectives who had joined us. When I was intoduced to them as a former Hallandale cop we started chewing the fat. I told them I did'nt know that they were going to be involved with our operation that night. Then one of them informed me that they were actually there on their own time, behind their supervisors back, acting as "observers." Incredulous, I asked why that was, and asked who their supervisor was. When they answered "Miss Marsha" my expression must have said it all. They said they knew better than to ask "Miss Marsha" if they could join us when they were invited. From experience they knew she would say no, and certainly would not allow them to go unless she was there to oversee them. (And they certainly did'nt want her coming along.) So they decided to join us on their own.

See, this is the problem you have when you let someone like a "Miss Marsha" run a specialized unit. They don't have the respect of their own detectives, much less the respect of other agencies. It hampers investigations, as the poster above alluded to. I have a tremendous amount of respect for Magill. He is one of the two best street cops I have met in my career. But I have to wonder why in the heck he would have "Miss Marsha' in her current position. I would'nt let her be head dog catcher for Broward County much less in charge of VIN. I worry that until she is removed, Hallandale VIN will be on the sideline watching the parade go by.

10-07-2009, 11:07 PM
Seems that everybody shares the same opinion of "Miss Marsha." I was detached to a HIDTA group for a number of years and worked with a couple of Hallandale guys. We all agreed that she was a joke. A couple of years ago my agency was running a sting operation along with the FBI. During the operation I met three Hallandale Detectives who had joined us. When I was intoduced to them as a former Hallandale cop we started chewing the fat. I told them I did'nt know that they were going to be involved with our operation that night. Then one of them informed me that they were actually there on their own time, behind their supervisors back, acting as "observers." Incredulous, I asked why that was, and asked who their supervisor was. When they answered "Miss Marsha" my expression must have said it all. They said they knew better than to ask "Miss Marsha" if they could join us when they were invited. From experience they knew she would say no, and certainly would not allow them to go unless she was there to oversee them. (And they certainly did'nt want her coming along.) So they decided to join us on their own.

See, this is the problem you have when you let someone like a "Miss Marsha" run a specialized unit. They don't have the respect of their own detectives, much less the respect of other agencies. It hampers investigations, as the poster above alluded to. I have a tremendous amount of respect for Magill. He is one of the two best street cops I have met in my career. But I have to wonder why in the heck he would have "Miss Marsha' in her current position. I would'nt let her be head dog catcher for Broward County much less in charge of VIN. I worry that until she is removed, Hallandale VIN will be on the sideline watching the parade go by.

it is because, unfortunately, magill worries about himself first and anyone else second. and because he needs to surround himself with lesser people to maintain his position. look at the list: kirchoff,marsha,norm, dermot? retro cop, you've been around. is that the "who's who" for hallandale? in all your years, how many memories to you have of jimmy k. slapping the cuffs on bad guys? how about norm and dermot? give everybody a little history about the old days because these guys waited for all of you to leave and now tell all the new people how much they did back then. whats the truth?

10-15-2009, 06:26 AM
Okay, Heres a good one that happened around mid-80's. Who remembers the night someone 21'd the chinese restaraunt at about 1200 w. hall. bch blv., I think it was called Mott Street, they broke in and stole a huge safe which they dragged all the way down 12th ave and up atlantic shores blvd. to Midas Mufflers, then broke into midas mufflers and used the acetyline torches to cut open the safe. There were drag marks from the huge safe all the way from the restaurant to Midas mufflers. Those were some very determined and bold burglars. I think it happened in Roadens zone because she was too busy ratting out the rest of her squad. Anyone remember hitting golf balls into the intracoastal from the rooftop of 2500 parkview? The building had a gravel roof so you could actually plant a golf tee to hit the ball. Extra credit was given if you could hit the Holiday Inn on A1A on the hollywood side. Anyone remember Ernest McKnight? He was a black dude who lived in NW Hallandale who permanently stayed 10-99. Anytime you wanted an arrest just track him down because you knew he had a warrant, you didnt even have to run him. He was actually a nice guy. RIP Ernest. There was Sgt Pete Lockwood, who was also a nice guy but had to start every shift with that super mega 100 ounce big gulp and the extra large bag of Doritos. His sweat was so profuse and corrosive that he actually wore off the paint from the drivers side door of the Sgts car driving around all night with his arm hanging out the window. Thats just a few of the stories, the good old days.

10-16-2009, 05:10 PM
Well if you remember safe jobs, what was the name of the guy who actually helped the burgler load the safe in his truck before he realized it was from a business that got hit? Back in the 70's. :devil:

10-16-2009, 05:37 PM
Well if you remember safe jobs, what was the name of the guy who actually helped the burgler load the safe in his truck before he realized it was from a business that got hit? Back in the 70's. :devil:That was just a little before my time and I worked there for a while and I never heard that story. If you were there for that story then you must be long since retired. Considering the posts I have been reading this is going to be an unpopular statement but I was there when Magill was a patrolman and he wasnt all that bad. I remember he was a hands on kinda guy, he wasnt afraid to mix it up with the bad guys.

10-16-2009, 11:07 PM
Heres a little nugget alot of you weren't there for-
YahooNewsArchive: Man Shot By Cops Gets Cash Award - (HALLANDALE) -- A Davie man is 350-thousand dollars richer today after being shot in the buttocks by a Hallandale police officer. A federal jury in Fort Lauderdale has awarded the money to 38-year-old Darnell Mitchell for the 1996 accidental shooting. The jury found officer Marsha Gail Roaden was negligent for failing to holster her gun before trying to handcuff Mitchell. This is the second time in as many days that a federal jury in Broward County has found police at fault for their arrest procedures. Two officers and the city of Hollywood have been ordered to pay 750-thousand dollars to Dwight Edman for a wrongful arrest and strip search.

That night she told no less than 3 people she had an a/d. Later, she tried to tell everyone the guy grabbed her gun. They promoted her?

10-17-2009, 10:35 AM
Heres a little nugget alot of you weren't there for-
YahooNewsArchive: Man Shot By Cops Gets Cash Award - (HALLANDALE) -- A Davie man is 350-thousand dollars richer today after being shot in the buttocks by a Hallandale police officer. A federal jury in Fort Lauderdale has awarded the money to 38-year-old Darnell Mitchell for the 1996 accidental shooting. The jury found officer Marsha Gail Roaden was negligent for failing to holster her gun before trying to handcuff Mitchell. This is the second time in as many days that a federal jury in Broward County has found police at fault for their arrest procedures. Two officers and the city of Hollywood have been ordered to pay 750-thousand dollars to Dwight Edman for a wrongful arrest and strip search.

That night she told no less than 3 people she had an a/d. Later, she tried to tell everyone the guy grabbed her gun. They promoted her?

Less than a Year Later! Possibly the worst cop Hallandale ever had. Amazing isn't it? :!:

10-19-2009, 02:47 PM
Judging from some of the other ladies I have seen on this department handling firearms, I wont be surprised to learn of more incidents of incompetent gun handling adventures.

10-20-2009, 03:49 PM
no listen here...you know that the truth doesnt always come out in that court stuff...that guy tried to grab momma's gun and thats when he was shot...i am credited with being the first woman of broward county and truth be told the show's producers are still asking me to be on that show...i told jimmy about it but he hasnt got back to me yet to tell me what i should do..

if any of you boys got something to say you can come find me hanging out in the parking lot smokin cigs..so come find me and man up you little whuzzies

10-25-2009, 11:48 PM
Her screw up cost us a bundle.

10-26-2009, 02:37 AM
For costing the city a bundle she got rewarded by being placed in charge of an elite unit, which she promptly brought to a screeching stop.

10-26-2009, 04:57 PM
If you were forced to choose would you rather have sex with marsha or a slightly feminate man? I myself woud be too repulsed by Marsha so I would pick the slightly feminate man, but like I aint gay or nothing.

10-02-2010, 09:08 PM
Many of you know me for only a few things: my refusal to wear certain lady garments, my ability to work while injured, my inability to achieve a valid warrant, my lust for the perfect Marlboro, my equal loathing for Nicorette gum and the a**hole who invented it, or my undeniable kick-ass mullet…but perhaps I am known most for my hate of the word (and the very noun itself) of c**k…well except for one of course. It’s a long story that I’ve wanted to get off my wrinkled droop-boobed chest for almost my whole life, and now before my exile I must let the world know…let us begin.
It was the summer of ’53, I was 13 at the time (just legal in the state of Mississippi) and I had just finished dinner. It was one of my favorite meals, a meal to this day I still feel is the only meal complimented with candle light…Dinosaur Cheesy Mac. I was in the shower now washing my undeniable kick-ass mullet with my doctor prescribed dandruff shampoo when, I suddenly heard the door creak open like so many times before. I knew exactly who it was. He didn’t say a word to me, he never had to. And with the same respect I tried not to make a sound either, it was always easier with as little dialog as possible. Perhaps tonight he would do more than just watch, so I decided to take my chance and offer myself to the only man I knew could do me right. I slowly slid open the shower curtain to reveal my naked self with my undeniable kick-ass mullet. I had already lathered and rinsed but perhaps I could go through it again, it was always his favorite part of the show.
I was in the middle of letting the suds run down my crap-stained butt-crack while at the same time pinching my salami nipples to add just the hint of a tease that would, without a doubt, drive him wild. And I must say it was working, before I could bend over to pick up the soap I noticed the biggest bulge in his pants, and my mouth began to water just thinking of what was behind those overalls. The silence finally broke with the sexiest ‘Southern drawl’ I have ever heard him use, “Yo mama is wurkin late agin tonaht”. During that confession I kept my eyes closed, letting my heart skip a beat, my knees go weak and my undeniable kick-ass mullet remain undeniably kick-ass. When I opened my eyes back up I finally gazed upon what I have been waiting on for over 6 years.
He had unbuttoned his overalls to reveal the most beautiful piece of meat I had ever seen. As he stroked it I witnessed it getting longer and harder right inside his hands, and for the first time I actually felt jealousy for a body part. I could see every vein and with every pulse of it I could feel it inside me…I knew in my heart that this was the night.
I walked out of the shower forgetting to even dry myself or my undeniable kick-ass mullet, and as I went to grab his hand he quickly redirected it to his member, letting that guide me into the bedroom. Then, in a moment that will last forever in my mind, two undeniable kick-ass mullets came together that night. I believe for my sake he wanted to be gentle, considering that I haven’t had a chance to weed-whack my jungle bush yet, but I assured him I wanted to be treated like the tween I was…and that I had been a very bad girl.
It started with him throwing me on the bed and forcing me open, and you could almost see the green stink lines coming off of my jungle bush. It was the first time I had my ankles behind my head (in what he called the ‘Mississippi Pretzel’). And when he shoved it in me I watched my jungle bush split, parting ever so slightly and fully accepting that spear like a Venus Flytrap taking in a dung beetle. Every pump was faster and harder, the steam left over from the shower had mixed with the sweat on my crap-stained butt-crack to create an aroma I will never forget. At one point I thought he was going to break my pelvis! Just when I thought I couldn’t take anymore, he flipped me over on my hands and knees and spread my crap-stained butt-crack. I tried to turn around to witness his facial expression when he forced my head down in the pillow and grabbed my undeniable kick-ass mullet. He held that thing like handle bars, controlling the movement of my head with every thrust.
“If dis is wat heavin is like den jus snuff me nahw!”, I finally shouted into the pillow. To be honest that was the last clear thought I could remember, after that comment everything was combined into one wonderful scene of bliss. I knew when it was close to being over because his moans were growing louder and longer, I just wasn’t sure where to take the load. The only thing I asked him in a single plea was, “please, not on da undeniable kick-ass mullet”. He replied, “I wud neva do dat”. My legs began to shiver, knowing what was about to come from me, and in the most perfect of all timing his climax was incestuously matched by mine as I finally screamed, “DADDY!”
When it was over, we both just laid in bed, breathing heavy but worried to make eye contact, we had just done what is considered normal practice in Mississippi, but I was still nervous. Then before I knew it we both were startled by the sound of jingling keys on the front of the double-wide and we knew Mama was home. I jumped out of that bed almost as fast as he threw me on it and scurried to the door, I turned back to notice him staring at my crap-stained butt-crack as it was shaking with every step…and I couldn’t say I blamed him, I worked long and hard to keep that crap-stain symmetrical. As I jumped into my own bed, sticking to the sheets, I made sure my undeniable kick-ass mullet was in place so that it would not get ruined (I did have a reputation to uphold). I tried to drift off to sleep for hours but my mind was still racing with the events that just took place.
Of course that was the night I knew I would swear off man meat forever. Soon after that I tried out for the softball team (convinced all the girls that my undeniable kick-ass mullet should be in a museum) and started my muff-diving life. I tried everything since that night to replace the feeling of that beautiful piece of tube steak with its perfectly placed genital warts, but nothing compares to that glorious purple headed yogurt slinger, not a cucumber, termite infested tree branch, a Golden Retriever’s head, F-350 drive shaft…nothing could come close. That’s when I decided to start hating the world (mostly men), and unfortunately for the Hallandale Beach P.D. it’s also when I decided to become a cop. And now, every once in a while I’ll walk down stairs to take a look at the people who are doing the work I’m too good for, I mostly come down to view the ’94 picture of our fabulous Police/CSA crew. I wrote a letter to big Tommy one time in an attempt to air brush my undeniable kick-ass mullet on everyone else in the picture to make it the most amazing photo ever taken on the face of the earth, but big Tommy told me there is a lot more memorabilia on the wall and he couldn’t have a crowd gathering around just one. So as I leave you all I can only give one piece of advice (the only thing that ever really helped me). And that is simply…shoot a man in the a**, it’ll get you anywhere you want to go.
Thank you and God Bless….women.