PDA

View Full Version : City Council rejects contract extension with Chief Hilton Da

07-22-2008, 05:11 PM
Press Release

July 22, 2008

Subject: City Council rejects contract extension with Chief Hilton Daniels.

Statement made on behalf of Citizens For A Better Fort Myers Government.

In Monday night's City Council meeting, Council Members rejected the unwise and foolish proposal by City Manager Billy Mitchell to extend Chief Daniels contract. Council Members led by former City Cop Johnny Streets, a 26 year veteran of the Fort Myers Police Department argued for change and an interim Police Chief to be appointed. He was supported by the Dean and longest-serving member of the City Council Mike Flanders and Councilman Simms.

This stunning defeat for City Manager Billy Mitchell and Chief Daniels comes at a sad time in our City's history, as we all mourn the death of a fallen Officer.

While the Attorney General of the State of Florida Bill McCollum found the time to visit with the family of officer Andrew Widman, Chief Daniels remained on vacation. 72 hours has now passed since the murder of a Fort Myers Police Officer, and the Police Chief has not come home from vacation. This is astonishing and outrages behavior on Chief Daniels part need to end now. Chief Daniels needs to bring his “A**” home and comfort Officer Widman's family, his Police Department and the entire City.

Respectfully Submitted,

07-22-2008, 05:18 PM
It sounds like it is better if your chief stays away. I hope you have an admin change son.

SFL cop

07-22-2008, 06:14 PM
I wasn't aware your Chief was on vacation and had not returned. He obviously doesn't care.

At this point he should be fired.

07-22-2008, 07:32 PM
This clueless clown should be fired!!!!!!!! There is no excuse for this , NONE!!
He has screwed people over for less, now maybe HE should be forced to resign or be terminated. This arrogant GOB learned etiquette in a double wide, or am I being too hard on the trailer park folk!?

07-23-2008, 02:34 AM
Where did you guys find this loser of a chief? Sounds like it's better for the department and the officers family if this clown just remains on vacation forever. My condolences for the loss of one of our finest and condolences to the department for having to work in a leaderless agency for so long. Good luck to you guys. You deserve better.

07-23-2008, 03:26 AM
This needs to get out to the press, he has been screwing people for years. Time for payback to be a *****!
Anything short of that hic being in the space station is no excuse. I had no respect for him in the first place, knowing first hand some of the people he screwed over. Is it possible to have negative respect?!!
He, ratzo mulligan, cabana boy rog, and broom riding jenn,should all go and live on a farm and be a polygamist cult or something.
Where is sam cooke when we need him?!! :(