PDA

View Full Version : Tasers

07-21-2008, 08:18 PM
The word is FHP and AG are getting tasers. I don't want to complain because this agency equips us very well, but if the other two agencies have broken the ice on this issue, I hope we are not too far behind in following. We sure could use them.

07-21-2008, 10:38 PM
Be careful what you wish for.
Crap hits the fan....do I use my ASP, do I use my pepper spray, do I use my ray gun, do I use my Glock, do I use my AR....where does this fall in the Use of Force Continuum?.....you are dead.

07-22-2008, 03:05 AM
Crap hits the fan....do I use my ASP, do I use my pepper spray, do I use my ray gun, do I use my Glock, do I use my AR....where does this fall in the Use of Force Continuum?.....you are dead.

Lol, I am not DEP but I know some of your officers and they are better trained then that. I believe they would know what to do and what level of action to take against a violator.

07-22-2008, 03:05 AM

Lol, I am not DEP but I know some of your officers and they are better trained then that. I believe they would know what to do and what level of action to take against a violator.

07-22-2008, 05:03 AM
Listen here, i was a PD officer before i came with DEP. And imagine this, I carried a taser AND pepper spray AND a baton AND EVEN a gun. I never got confused. Don't embarrass our agency by inferring that we would get confused by having a taser on our belt. It was an incredibly effective tool when I carried it and thousands of officers carry it everyday and seem to be able to decide which tool to use.

07-23-2008, 01:14 AM
Listen here, i was a PD officer before i came with DEP. And imagine this, I carried a taser AND pepper spray AND a baton AND EVEN a gun. I never got confused. Don't embarrass our agency by inferring that we would get confused by having a taser on our belt. It was an incredibly effective tool when I carried it and thousands of officers carry it everyday and seem to be able to decide which tool to use.

I wouldn't want to be the first officer to tase a park visitor. Do you honestly think GHQ will stand behind you? Have you used your state issued assault rifle for anything besides deer or hog hunting?

07-23-2008, 10:59 PM
FHP is definately getting tasers.

07-28-2008, 03:05 PM
I know AG is getting tasers, but only the C.A.R.L. officers (conservation and recreational lands) are getting them, the ramp monkeys won't be getting them. F.H.P. is already approved their budget for the tasers, that's what I heard. We'll get them in the near future. I believe our command staff has great ideas for this agency. :idea:

08-07-2008, 05:27 AM
I agree, if you don't know which to use, you might want to find another profession. Luckily, we here at DEP have great training staff that try to prepare us for whatever comes along. Remember, if worst comes to worst it is better to tried by 12 than carried by 6. You do whatever it takes to make it home at the end of the shift.

09-08-2008, 09:26 AM
I know AG is getting tasers, but only the C.A.R.L. officers (conservation and recreational lands) are getting them, the ramp monkeys won't be getting them. F.H.P. is already approved their budget for the tasers, that's what I heard. We'll get them in the near future. I believe our command staff has great ideas for this agency. :idea:

Hey DEP P.O.S. I got your " monkey " hanging, so why dont you stop on by and bend over for him..........

I am the Guard the Road Guard and I keep your veggies safe.....................

09-08-2008, 03:03 PM

Hey DEP P.O.S. I got your " monkey " hanging, so why dont you stop on by and bend over for him..........

Now now, don't get all worked up there mater patrol. Go back to protecting the state of Florida from the terrorist tomato. I think you may have missed a tomato or two. Oh my, a tomato that is unstamped. Call mater police Now!!!!!!!!!

09-11-2008, 02:16 AM
Hey potty police, stop hating I mean you are the poopie police, take your AR out on that one. Oh parkcop, go clean a urinal.

09-17-2008, 12:57 PM
Hey potty police, stop hating I mean you are the poopie police, take your AR out on that one. Oh parkcop, go clean a urinal.

Get a life loser!!!! Wackenhut is calling your name. They may even start you off as a Sgt.

Good luck in your new job.

09-24-2008, 09:50 PM

Another dumba$$ ag wannabe on our site.