PDA

View Full Version : GPS to be installed in state vehicles.

07-21-2008, 01:23 AM
The rumor in Tallahassee is that GPS devices will be installed in state vehicles to keep track of us, things like location, speed, speed at time of accident, etc...
This should be fun, they said the cost would be off set by the savings in fuel.

07-21-2008, 01:39 AM
News to me, and I'm in TCO. Tell me more....

07-21-2008, 02:03 AM
Right now, everything is a rumor, considering our helm will be taking a dump at the end of the month.

07-21-2008, 03:49 AM
If they stay true to their word (and they usually don't) and we get the new lap tops, they may have GPS locaters within. Itis the same system FHP uses on their laptops. The GPS is built in to the computer and when you turn it on and log on, you are up on the grid. If you don't have it on, then you are still invisible. Again, this is if they stay to their word and they purchasethe same type system.

07-21-2008, 11:37 AM
The rumor in Tallahassee is that GPS devices will be installed in state vehicles to keep track of us, things like location, speed, speed at time of accident, etc...
Yep and that means stay the state no longer will pay for trips to Lowes!

07-21-2008, 09:40 PM
Maybe now you will all have to be accountable. No more sleeping under trees and kicking back at home. You might have to do some police work which means you are all in a world of shit.

07-21-2008, 11:45 PM
This is B.S. if they don't trust me why should I trust them? Are all the cars going to have GPS? What about the Captain, Majors, and Chiefs, or do they get a pass? This is just another reason to waste funds that could be better spent somewhere else. This place amazes me more and more and to think I actually thought this was going to be a good place to work. I have had it with all the fighting, back stabbing, make up the rules as we go along administration. You can't trust the agents in your own office let alone other districts.

07-22-2008, 02:07 AM
:cry:

Mod 463
07-23-2008, 08:22 PM
Remember rumors are just that.. a rumor. With the way the budget is I doubt they can afford to put a GPS in the state vehicles. Until it happens I will not worry about it.

07-23-2008, 08:45 PM

"A rumor goes in one ear and out many mouths,"
~ ancient Chinese proverb.

07-23-2008, 10:08 PM

News Flash!!!
The ability to track your speed (and a variety of other informational tid bits) at time of crash has been available for years. That info is captured by the "black box" control module which is standard on most every new car today. Retrieving the info is not as easy as one might think but I assure you the info is there. Don't worry about GPS rumors - you have been "tracked" by the MAN for years. Cell phone, May/Com, etc. - If they want to know where you are and what you are doing, it's very easy in this day and age.

I'll tell you about a bigger concern that seems to be ignored - VISITORS!!

07-23-2008, 11:36 PM

News Flash!!!
The ability to track your speed (and a variety of other informational tid bits) at time of crash has been available for years. That info is captured by the "black box" control module which is standard on most every new car today. Retrieving the info is not as easy as one might think but I assure you the info is there. Don't worry about GPS rumors - you have been "tracked" by the MAN for years. Cell phone, May/Com, etc. - If they want to know where you are and what you are doing, it's very easy in this day and age.

"VISTORS" as in Guests? If that's what you're saying then you're overlooking the "Guests" who in actuality are agents too lazy to include their user names in their posts. (Me being included)

07-23-2008, 11:45 PM
But.................................that could be a rumor.

07-24-2008, 12:19 AM

News Flash!!!

"VISTORS" as in Guests? If that's what you're saying then you're overlooking the "Guests" who in actuality are agents too lazy to include their user names in their posts. (Me being included)

NO NO NO - I mean VISITORS as in "from other planets." You know - Area 51, UFO, etc. VISITORS are here. They are all around us.

07-24-2008, 11:51 PM
I talked with one today and he, she or it was considering applying for director.

07-25-2008, 06:46 PM

Au contraire. If you're on an assignment out of district and you're unfamiliar with the area all you'll have to do is plug in Home Depot or Lowes into your GPS and walla!

07-25-2008, 07:28 PM

Au contraire. If you're on an assignment out of district and you're unfamiliar with the area all you'll have to do is plug in Home Depot or Lowes into your GPS and walla!

I believe you meant "VOILA"...not walla...unles you were refering to Walawala, Washington. 8)

07-25-2008, 08:40 PM

I believe you meant "VOILA"...not walla...unles you were refering to Walawala, Washington. 8)

I stand corrected. Never used that cliche before. Thanks.............it's now committed to memory.

07-25-2008, 08:43 PM

I stand corrected. Never used that cliche before. Thanks.............it's now committed to memory.

Maybe he meant walawalamemsob?

07-26-2008, 12:51 AM
Does this mean David Myers has applied for the Director's position. Wasn't he able to talk to outter space when he worked her before?

07-26-2008, 12:34 PM
Does this mean David Myers has applied for the Director's position. Wasn't he able to talk to outter space when he worked her before?

Knock knock............................................. ..
Who's there?............................................ ..
Eyes.............................................. ............
Eyes who?.............................................. ....
Eyes your new director................................

07-26-2008, 01:20 PM

Now that's funny

07-28-2008, 12:03 PM

Now that's funny

Wow. No more Spring Breaks?

07-28-2008, 05:25 PM
Who knows? The current state of affairs (economy, lack of stability, competing agendas, etc.) may effect spring break as well. I wouldn't wait until March to get my "points" if I were you.

07-28-2008, 09:04 PM
Who knows? The current state of affairs (economy, lack of stability, competing agendas, etc.) may effect spring break as well. I wouldn't wait until March to get my "points" if I were you.

1-brownie point = 10 productivity points

07-28-2008, 09:18 PM
a million points = no pay raise.

07-28-2008, 09:24 PM
A 3 on my evaluation will get me the same raise the people with 5’s got.

07-28-2008, 11:23 PM
A 3 on my evaluation will get me the same raise the people with 5’s got.

True, but a "3" may get beaten by a "5" when the lay-offs start.

07-29-2008, 12:30 AM
Thats were seniority comes into play...plus the first to go should be the old timers making more money then Lieutenants and some Captains. We need to do a public records request for what all employees here get paid. I have it from a very reliable source that some agents are making 60k to 70k.
Evaluations are arbitrary at best anyway, KPIs are a joke, every office does things differently.

07-30-2008, 09:51 PM
Thats were seniority comes into play...plus the first to go should be the old timers making more money then Lieutenants and some Captains. We need to do a public records request for what all employees here get paid. I have it from a very reliable source that some agents are making 60k to 70k.Evaluations are arbitrary at best anyway, KPIs are a joke, every office does things differently.

I call shananagans on this one. The pay rates are public info and I have seen them. There are no agents in the 60K range.

07-31-2008, 12:20 AM
Yeah, your the dumbass! I know for a fact there are three that do and I am sure there are a few more. Look at the really old timers who were here for the step raises and such.

07-31-2008, 12:54 AM
I'm an old timer...25 years, plus and I don't make 60K.

07-31-2008, 12:56 AM
Yeah, your the dumbass! I know for a fact there are three that do and I am sure there are a few more. Look at the really old timers who were here for the step raises and such.

You have been lied to, my friend. There are no agents with a 60k+ base.

07-31-2008, 09:57 PM
Thats were seniority comes into play...plus the first to go should be the old timers making more money then Lieutenants and some Captains. We need to do a public records request for what all employees here get paid. I have it from a very reliable source that some agents are making 60k to 70k.Evaluations are arbitrary at best anyway, KPIs are a joke, every office does things differently.

I call shananagans on this one. The pay rates are public info and I have seen them. There are no agents in the 60K range.

If they are public then where did you find them? I have it from a very reliable source, a certain Lt., who did request the pay rates and said that there were a few agents making more than Lts.
Now why would he lie? Simple, he wouldn't, unless you have made the public records request then I guess you really don't know.

07-31-2008, 10:10 PM
Call Personnel and ask for the pay rates. Simple as that. There are a crap load of agents making more than Lt's because most Lt's don't make 60K. If you spent half your time doing inspections instead of spouting crap on the internet - you may have something to show for your time at the end of the month. Get to work.

07-31-2008, 11:37 PM
yeah.... no bonus for making a 4+ LOL.