PDA

View Full Version : What would it take????

07-20-2008, 11:52 PM
Since we know we are not getting a raise. What do you think it would take to raise morale throughout the department?

07-21-2008, 12:09 AM
I work with a couple of your guy's on a regular basis and they don't seem to have many complaint's. The only thing that stuck out to me was that they were intrested in some of the nice off duty details. They said FHP has a monopoly on them. From the outside looking in it looks pretty good. Newer, better equipment, BDU'S. For the most part not having to respond to calls. I did hear there are some boring details from time to time like bus inspections but thats a small price to pay for alot of freedom.

dieselcop
07-21-2008, 06:24 PM
The only people that wear BDU's are the K-9 dudes. The rest of us wear the freakin' EMT pants that rip when you try to weigh a truck. The only reason why they don't complain, (make waves), is that they don't want to label themselves as trouble makers. In addition, they were probably not making squat prior to joining FDOT. It hasn't sunk in their heads that it's a lost cause to work for the state.

07-21-2008, 08:10 PM
The only people that wear BDU's are the K-9 dudes. The rest of us wear the freakin' EMT pants that rip when you try to weigh a truck. The only reason why they don't complain, (make waves), is that they don't want to label themselves as trouble makers. In addition, they were probably not making squat prior to joining FDOT. It hasn't sunk in their heads that it's a lost cause to work for the state.

Hey "dieselcop" sounds like you should find another job. You must be one to always complain. Try working for another agency before coming here. Then you might (probably not) enjoy this a liitle better. You seem to think the grass is always greener on the other side.
Well then by all means GO! Please go. You won't be missed. I bet if someone gave you a million dollars you b@!ch because you wanted it in one hundred dollar bills.

07-21-2008, 08:56 PM

Hey "dieselcop" sounds like you should find another job. You must be one to always complain. Try working for another agency before coming here. Then you might (probably not) enjoy this a liitle better. You seem to think the grass is always greener on the other side.
Well then by all means GO! Please go. You won't be missed. I bet if someone gave you a million dollars you b@!ch because you wanted it in one hundred dollar bills.

"daaamnnnnnnnnnnnnn" - Damon Wayans

07-22-2008, 12:40 AM
I was at a PD before coming here so I have been on the other side. My issue is making the same pay as I did when I first started. It seems when you want to complain about something, most people want to say your *****ing, and go somewhere else. Well, I like what I do, but do believe in being treated fairly. Most of us have busted our arse and put alot of time and effort into this agency. So yes we have a right to complain and speak for those who are scared too.

07-22-2008, 11:54 AM
Hey "Guest", no complaints and you get NO change.

dieselcop
07-22-2008, 11:58 AM

Hey schmuck, I've worked with three other departments and yup, the grass is never greener, in law enforcement. I'll take your million any time. :wink:

07-22-2008, 04:18 PM
It's funny on this board. You post a question and you always get responses from people who either "work with " someone regularly or they "know" someone. They really have no clue what goes on in the agency. Nobody mentions the screwed up way that we promote people all they talk about are the great toys we get.. Has anybody statewide made a case with the Radiation detector yet???? Hell, I don't think the Rad/Nuke guys have. but what do you expect.

07-22-2008, 05:22 PM
Mine is still in the box.

07-23-2008, 12:33 AM

Hey schmuck, I've worked with three other departments and yup, the grass is never greener, in law enforcement. I'll take your million any time. :wink:

yea yea yea! Same old stuff there "dieselcop". If you remember
(if not, then read your quote) you said that it is a "lost cause" to work for the state. Well if it is such a lost cause then like I said leave. It makes no sense to me to continue to do something that is a lost cause. I really like what I do and would love to make more for doing it but I don't consider it a lost cause and I don't think many other people truly feel that way either, even though there are some things (several) that could/should be changed/improved. Oh yea and for your last statement, you must be a devout democrat, always wanting something given to you, especially money. It's no wonder this is the 4th Department you have worked for, in how many years? That would be a clue!

07-23-2008, 12:58 AM
This nuke thing is LT COL new pet project. Once tired of it he will throw it to the side like CIP

07-23-2008, 02:12 AM
This nuke thing is LT COL new pet project. Once tired of it he will throw it to the side like CIP

Fully Agree!

07-23-2008, 10:32 AM
Actually, a state senator stated that there was no incentive to work for the state. Hey guest, you must be a butt kisser, since YOU don't complain.

07-24-2008, 03:34 AM
Actually, a state senator stated that there was no incentive to work for the state. Hey guest, you must be a butt kisser, since YOU don't complain.

Oh yea there you go let's all listen to the senators. They are always right. Great idea! Listen, I happen to like my job and if I didn't I would go else where. Yes, I do complain about the things that I feel should be changed or improved and sometimes it does no good. There is a difference in complaining and bashing your dept. One day you will realize that (hopefully). Good day!

dieselcop
07-24-2008, 10:28 AM

Oh yea there you go let's all listen to the senators. They are always right. Great idea! Listen, I happen to like my job and if I didn't I would go else where. Yes, I do complain about the things that I feel should be changed or improved and sometimes it does no good. There is a difference in complaining and bashing your dept. One day you will realize that (hopefully). Good day!

This is not the only forum that bashes a department. You need to look around. If you enjoy your job, great. But, for myself and others, we use this forum to let others know what is going on. I hate to see a new recruit get lied to by a recruiter.

dieselcop
07-24-2008, 08:01 PM
Why paint a rosey picture when there isn't one.

07-25-2008, 12:03 AM
Oh yea there you go let's all listen to the senators. They are always right. Great idea!

While, I don’t want to participate in this deflagrating urination contest, I find it disturbing that a state employee doesn’t feel it’s necessary to pay attention to what a sitting state senator has to say about retaining state officers, especially when this senator is Don Gaetz, who is slated to be the next Senate President.

"""Gues, I’m going to assume you are a person of reasonable intelligence, therefore you should understand that the funding for your paycheck is determined by the legislature, which includes the senate. So, it is very important to what they say because it gives you incite as to what to expect in terms of their voting behavior when it comes to salary matters.

Now I know what you are thinking. My salary is funded by USDOT/FMCSA. Unfortunately, this is not the case. You are paid based on what the legislature is willing to pay; nothing more, nothing less. If you believe this not to be true, just ask your Captain, Major or the Lt. Col.

Furthermore, I don’t think dieselcop, or anyone else for that matter, has “bashed” the department. I think he enjoys his/her job just as much as anyone. However, I think he/she, along with other veteran officers, are fed up with the state demanding services it isn’t willing to pay for. No matter what agency you work for every officer makes the same. There is no regard given to seniority, those who produce more than others, or those who take on extra duties that are outside the scope of the job description. I believe this is the frustration.

Finally, if you are going to remain in state employment it would behoove you to educate yourself on the political process for obtaining funding and how it is allocated. The state will pay for up to six hours of college credit at an institute of higher learning of your choice where you can take courses on political science and learn about the state’s political process.

07-25-2008, 02:41 AM
Oh yea there you go let's all listen to the senators. They are always right. Great idea!

While, I don’t want to participate in this deflagrating urination contest, I find it disturbing that a state employee doesn’t feel it’s necessary to pay attention to what a sitting state senator has to say about retaining state officers, especially when this senator is Don Gaetz, who is slated to be the next Senate President.

"""Gues, I’m going to assume you are a person of reasonable intelligence, therefore you should understand that the funding for your paycheck is determined by the legislature, which includes the senate. So, it is very important to what they say because it gives you incite as to what to expect in terms of their voting behavior when it comes to salary matters.

Now I know what you are thinking. My salary is funded by USDOT/FMCSA. Unfortunately, this is not the case. You are paid based on what the legislature is willing to pay; nothing more, nothing less. If you believe this not to be true, just ask your Captain, Major or the Lt. Col.

Furthermore, I don’t think dieselcop, or anyone else for that matter, has “bashed” the department. I think he enjoys his/her job just as much as anyone. However, I think he/she, along with other veteran officers, are fed up with the state demanding services it isn’t willing to pay for. No matter what agency you work for every officer makes the same. There is no regard given to seniority, those who produce more than others, or those who take on extra duties that are outside the scope of the job description. I believe this is the frustration.

Finally, if you are going to remain in state employment it would behoove you to educate yourself on the political process for obtaining funding and how it is allocated. The state will pay for up to six hours of college credit at an institute of higher learning of your choice where you can take courses on political science and learn about the state’s political process.

Wow, "dieselcop" (in disguise) you just confirmed that you are a diehard Democrat. No real surprise though. Why don't you take the six hours of college and learn how to spell. Incite is to to stir, encourage, or urge on; stimulate or prompt to action: to incite a crowd to riot, which you are obviously good at. However, I being the educated one in this conversation (with the degree's to prove it) realize that you must have meant insight. After 11 years with this agency and 4 years with a rather large S.O. I think I am able to determine who funds who. Son just remember this if you don't remember anything else. Knowledge is power. Perhaps one day the lightbulb will come on for you and only then will you be able to appreciate it for it's meaning.

dieselcop
07-25-2008, 10:26 AM
[quote=""""Gues":ynhzcbtx]Oh yea there you go let's all listen to the senators. They are always right. Great idea!

Wow, "dieselcop" (in disguise) you just confirmed that you are a diehard Democrat. No real surprise though. Why don't you take the six hours of college and learn how to spell. Incite is to to stir, encourage, or urge on; stimulate or prompt to action: to incite a crowd to riot, which you are obviously good at. However, I being the educated one in this conversation (with the degree's to prove it) realize that you must have meant insight. After 11 years with this agency and 4 years with a rather large S.O. I think I am able to determine who funds who. Son just remember this if you don't remember anything else. Knowledge is power. Perhaps one day the lightbulb will come on for you and only then will you be able to appreciate it for it's meaning.[/quote:ynhzcbtx]

Wrong again """Guest. I never was a Democrap. At one time, I was a Repubican (the misspellings are done for a purpose, i.e., Democrap & Repubican). In addition, I don't use words like (deflagrating urination contest), because you wouldn't know what the hell I was talking about. For you, I would use pissing contest. Just to keep it simple. I enjoy working with the guys that are assigned to the office. Every agency has it's issues. In addition, that wasn't my previous posting on this forum. You will know when it's me when I post something, schmuck. :roll: