PDA

View Full Version : Fomer "Ultimate" Deputy Takes A Bite Out of Crime

07-18-2008, 09:10 PM
Deputy, dog get their man - wrong one
By Kathryn F. Pickard News Reporter

The Alabama Bureau of Investigation has been called to investigate a possible case of police brutality by a Clarke County sheriff's deputy who was at the wrong house.

According to Shon Calhoun of Jackson, Deputy Jim Mundie dragged him from his truck, shoved him against the truck, injuring his shoulder and had the sheriff's department canine officer Capon bite Calhoun in the buttocks.

"It was Sunday evening about 8:30. I had been at my parents' house in Zimco and was going home. I saw some children on some four-wheelers and thought they might be mine. I was going to pick them up and take them home with me," Calhoun said.

He turned around to go find the children but they had disappeared. In the meantime he had noticed two patrol cars in the area.

"My family all lives out there and the police were pulling into some of my relatives' driveways. I thought they were looking for the four-wheelers too. There wasn't anything else going on out there. One of them pulled in front of my uncle's barber shop with his lights off. I turned around and was going to ask him if he had seen the four-wheelers when he (Mundie) came running at me with a gun and the dog, yelling at me to get out of my truck. I asked him to please put the gun down."

Calhoun said Mundie then said "I ought to make this dog bite you."

"I asked him why and the deputy told me to shut up and turn around. He pulled me out of the truck while I was trying to put it in park. He had the gun pointed right at my face and told the dog 'get him.' The dog bit me on my butt and then another officer put the cuffs on me," Calhoun said.

Ansel Portis, Calhoun's passenger, was also handcuffed. "He (Mundie) said I saw the police and ran and jumped in the truck. If I was trying to get away from the police why would I jump in a truck that's going to them," Portis said.

By this time several family members had come from their homes to see what the commotion was about. Calhoun's children had witnessed and were telling the officers their father hadn't done anything. They were allegedly told to "shut up and go home."

Calhoun was taken to the hospital and then to jail. He was originally charged with reckless endangerment, resisting arrest and trying to run over a police officer.

"They let me go about one in the morning and told me all the charges had been dropped against me. "It turns out they were at the wrong house. They were supposed to be at a house on Highway 84 where there was supposed to be guns and fighting, not on Zimco Road where there was nothing going on."

Sheriff Bobby Moore did not comment on the incident. He stated he was waiting until the ABI concludes its investigation.

07-18-2008, 09:37 PM
I reckon ole Jim didn't learn anything when he got booted from SRSO. Lard @$$ *******.

07-20-2008, 01:21 PM
Wasn't he one of old RW's boys?

07-24-2008, 03:07 PM
Yes he was one of RW's "boys". RW was a Wes Cummings boy. Go figure. Now that Jim Mundie is in deep dukie for excessive force, AGAIN , where will he go next? If Jim was on the wrong street, maybe it was because he couldnt read for #@#%

01-13-2009, 06:11 PM
Jim Mundy and Robby Whitfield is a BEEEEEEEEEEEyotch!!! Damn fools!

01-18-2009, 10:56 PM
looks like all of RW's boys are gone like the dinosaurs extict and all out of SRSO

01-22-2009, 04:06 AM
Note the following articles on Indpendent News............................................

Firefighters protest Whitfield hiring

This letter is from the Escambia County Professional Firefighters Union to the Escambia County Commission:

This letter is in opposition to the recent appointment process of Chief Robbie Whitfield to the position of Deputy Chief. Robbie Whitfield did not go through a reasonable hiring process to properly assess his qualifications against the other applicants. A professional interview process for the Deputy Chief’s position would ensure the department is getting the most qualified applicants.

On Wednesday, January 14th, the position of Deputy Chief was reported to be filled by Robbie Whitfield although the actual job posting was not closed until midnight of January 15th. The appointment of Chief Whitfield was initiated at the County Commissioners annual planning retreat on Tuesday, January 13th. This decision was referenced in an internal memo from Chief Perkins dated Tuesday, January 14, “Yesterday, at a retreat/planning session, the Board of County Commissioners provided clear direction to the County Administrator that Robbie Whitfield should be permanently moved into the position of Deputy Fire Chief”. A fair hiring process can not take place when the position is decided by the County Commissioners acting as the Human Resources Department. This decision was substantiated by an article on PNJ.com stating that Robbie Whitfield “will be made Deputy Chief”. The PNJ.com article was posted as early as 7:30AM on Wednesday, January 14th and it was referencing completed business conducted at the Commissioners planning retreat.

The lack of professionalism, along with the political interferences in the appointment of Robbie Whitfield has created a massive divide and resentment for the future of this department. To be clear, the Escambia County Professional Firefighters Union fully supports Chief Ken Perkins as the unified Fire Chief for Escambia County Fire-Rescue.

Immediate action needs to be initiated to rectify this situation in an attempt to reconcile the spirit of many dedicated career Escambia County firefighters.

Rick Outzen @ January 20, 2009

another article........................................... .........................................

Oops, who does county hiring?
Last week, the daily newspaper announced that Robbie Whitfield was named the new deputy fire chief for Escambia County at the Tuesday, Jan. 13 retreat of the county commission. The only problem is the County’s HR department was still accepting applications for the job. The application deadline was Thursday, 1/15/09 11:59 pm.

Is the county commission now doing the hiring? This leaves the county open to jobs being granted as political favors.

Just in case you think the daily newspaper misreported or misunderstood the county commission’s actions. I have a memo from Fire Chief Ken Perkins to all personnel (dated Jan. 14) that states: “the Board of County Commissioners provided clear direction to the County Administrator that Robbie Whitfield should be permanently moved into the position of Deputy Fire Chief.”

Is Good Ol’ Boy government back?

a third article........................................... .........................................

Bigger oops, Whitfield fired by Santa Rosa sheriff

The man the Escambia County Commission wants to make the Deputy Fire Chief - Robert Paul Whitfield, Jr. - was fired by the Santa Rosa County Sheriff on Dec. 22, 2005. He was fired for untruthfulness and for misdirecting action of the fellow officer under investigation. Whitfield was a Lieutenant at the time. Whitfield allegedly lied about an affair with a subordinate, Deputy Rebecca Johnson, that was a violation of the non-fraternization policy of the SRSO.

Johnson told a fellow worker that Whifield was the father of her child, although Whifield never provided a DNA sample to prove or disprove paternity when he was requested to do so by the SRSO investigators. Whitfield was Johnson’s supervisor. Both Johnson and Whitfield had earlier denied to SRSO investigators that they had a relationship.

Whitfield did appeal the termination by SRSO and the Santa Rosa County Civil Service Board, but that appeal was denied by the Appellate Division of the Circuit Court in Santa Rosa County, Acting Judge Ross Bilbrey on Oct. 17, 2006.

01-27-2009, 01:08 PM
It is not surprising how he is viewed by the firefighters. He wants to be in charge of everything so he can feel like he's a god. When he was an LT he used intimiidation to screw with folks, but he did manage to sweep Jim Mundy's dirt under the rug. RW was the only supervisor everyone knew that would cuss them out, referring to htme as "f-ing idiots," etc. When he got fired, along with his idiot puppet, that made this agency a better place. There was one occasion where a deputy was having a difficult time on the range when he first started here. He was able to qualify but barely. RW cussed him in front of several people and told him if he couldn't shoot for $&it then he needed to find him a job better suited for a "total f-ing idiot." Didn't even offer him a chance for remedial trainining or give some advice. That same deputy is now one of the best gunslingers I have ever shot with on the range, and that same jacka-ss lt was FIRED! What goes around comes around.

01-27-2009, 07:52 PM
It appears contraversy follows that guy wherever he goes. Just like Mundy, wherever he goes there's going to be somebody beat up, tased or bitten by a dog. I know how RJ got pregnant. RW imitated Scarface Tony Montana and said "let me introduce you to my little friend!" Nine months later.... :snicker:

02-05-2009, 10:08 PM
that ****head is my ex-brother in law. when will people learn that he does NOT need to be given a badge...in ANY state.

02-06-2009, 05:17 AM
Glad he's gone. At least RW is a deputy again...deputy cheef that is. A deputy and no one likes him. And he thinks everyone is out to get him :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :

02-15-2009, 04:16 AM
Robbie did this and Robbie did that. If everyone is going to post about his personal life, then you need to post the personal life of others in uniform (including EMS :twisted: and you know who you are) especially the top dawg in Santa Rosa - WH. Now, there is a story for Lifetime Network.

02-15-2009, 03:13 PM
Robbie did this and Robbie did that. If everyone is going to post about his personal life, then you need to post the personal life of others in uniform (including EMS :twisted: and you know who you are) especially the top dawg in Santa Rosa - WH. Now, there is a story for Lifetime Network.

I agree. Both of them are no longer working here, let it go.

02-16-2009, 01:46 PM
I too agree. WEnough about RW and JM. It's been what, five years?

02-18-2009, 11:39 AM
Mark O' Brian either needs to be objective and do the job or he doesnt have the "cahoney's" to finish the rest of of expose of THE GOOD OLE BOYS. There is one more story to be told, and that is the top dawg in Santa Rosa County. Does everyone remember when Santa Rosa didn't have a sheriff on the scene for almost 4 days when Hurricane Ivan hit? Hum, let's see now....was he in hiding "shacked" up with his girlfriend while his wife worked her butt off at Sacred Heart during the storm? Did WH find a public job for the girl he knocked up? Mr. O'Brian, why don't you finish your "exposing"?

02-18-2009, 03:06 PM
You mst be disgruntled.

02-18-2009, 09:41 PM
ENOUGH ABOUT RW!! He's ancient history already.

02-19-2009, 02:32 AM
ENOUGH ABOUT RW!! He's ancient history already. You're right but you have to admit that after all the bashing he did to everyone around here it was kinda nice to repay the favor!

02-19-2009, 01:00 PM
ENOUGH ABOUT RW!! He's ancient history already. You're right but you have to admit that after all the bashing he did to everyone around here it was kinda nice to repay the favor!

Maybe but it's time to move on. What goes around comes around maybe the order of the day but in reality, RW is already a forgotten fart in the history of the SRSO.

02-19-2009, 03:43 PM

Maybe but it's time to move on. What goes around comes around maybe the order of the day but in reality, RW is already a forgotten fart in the history of the SRSO.
Doesn't sound to me like he's "forgotten". Let some people blow off some steam about RW. They are probably the ones that he shafted or know someone he shafted. He was not the hero some put him up to be while he was at SRSO, just another with short-mans complex.

02-20-2009, 02:00 AM

yep you're right. time to move on.

03-03-2009, 06:03 AM
I heard JM still has a relative or two that work here.

03-03-2009, 10:00 PM
I heard JM still has a relative or two that work here.

And you point is.....