PDA

View Full Version : Pay Rates

07-18-2008, 04:22 AM
After examining your pay scales I am truly disappointed that the legislature has the audacity to maintain the current salaries of the employees at FDLE. It is more difficult to get a job with your agency than anywhere else in the state, and you only take the best and the brightest applicants. Your case loads are never ending, and you are required to work long hours. Also, 160 hour work month? That is absolutely ridiculous. You guys should have a 40 hour work week like every other law enforcement agency and be allowed to take your overtime as money, not flex. At my department I watch the chief promote his buddies to cushy positions in which sergeants make over 90,000 a year to sit in their chairs and occasionally call off a pursuit or take a complaint. Meanwhile, you guys are busting your humps to put serious felony cases together. I know several bright and capable officers that would love to do the real police work associated with your agency, but they can't afford to take 20,000 a year pay reductions. Your starting salaries should be at least 60,000 a year, and I hope that the legislature realizes this one day because well qualified candidates are currently being trained in large agencies, but can't join your elite agency due to financial constraints.

07-18-2008, 11:05 AM
Thanks for the support. you hit the nail on the head.

07-18-2008, 11:05 AM
Thanks for the support. you hit the nail on the head.

07-18-2008, 12:39 PM
Thanks for your support. If you keep up with politics at all you will begin to notice that all the county and city commissions combined are more intelligent and more caring of law enforcement than the state legislators are. That's why we are so behind the curve now. The problem with our state legislators is that they actually think they are important people, when in fact they aren't. We need to realize that we do not have friends in the legislature anymore, only those who want a photo op for their campaign ads.

Sometimes There's Justice...Sometimes There's Just US

07-21-2008, 04:11 PM
After having served there for a period of time, I know that you're absolutely right! The limited "friendships", however, don't necessarily stop with the legislature---it includes various other officials, both cabinet and department levels, as well as their staffs. It's truly a "dog-eat-dog" environment where it seems that their only focus is to preserve and protect their own interests---at ANY and ALL costs to others!