PDA

View Full Version : AG GETS TASERS!!!

07-18-2008, 02:56 AM
DID ANYONE KNOW AG IS GETTING TASERS?? THEY START TRAINING WITH THEM NEXT MONTH. NOT THE INSPECTION STATION OFFICERS, JUST THE WOODS OFFICERS (C.A.R.L. CONSERVATION AND RECREATIONAL LANDS) AG WILL BE THE 1ST STATE AGENCY TO CARRY THEM. :!: :?:

07-18-2008, 11:15 PM
Glad to hear that their training and command level staff are not scared of progression and technology. As FWC command staff is looking to the past for its roots - like a cowboy hat, not one, I mean 2 cowboy hats and still talking about why we didn't get a raise.

07-20-2008, 01:03 AM
DID ANYONE KNOW AG IS GETTING TASERS?? THEY START TRAINING WITH THEM NEXT MONTH. NOT THE INSPECTION STATION OFFICERS, JUST THE WOODS OFFICERS (C.A.R.L. CONSERVATION AND RECREATIONAL LANDS) AG WILL BE THE 1ST STATE AGENCY TO CARRY THEM. :!: :?:

I heard the station officers will be getting them after thier next annual in-service training.

07-21-2008, 03:53 AM
Now FHP is getting taser's.

07-21-2008, 07:42 PM
i would give them back my hat if they would buy me a taser, something that might save my life just not look stupid wearing

flasam
07-22-2008, 12:19 AM
FDLE Special Operations Teams have had tasers since 2003. Capitol Police also have them and just recently they have been issued to other special agents.

07-25-2008, 01:07 AM
FWC needs Tasers like a fish needs a Rolex. I can just picture some ding-a-ling Tasering some idiot on the water and contributing to a drowning. Keep the Tasers, doofey hats, and corney badges...More MONEY please!

08-06-2008, 08:11 PM
I think tasers and cages in vehicles should be standard equipment. Most of us work alone and convince ourselves we can handle most situations. You and I fought through OC. We as an Agency have been lucky for the most part that we have not encountered someone INTENT on hurting us, or all backup would be good for is GPS'ing the rescue helo in. This Agency preaches Officer Safety and from what I have seen the training is 10-8, but our Colonel HATING tasers and making the non-issuance a personal vendetta is flat out dangerous. I work in Dade County, this county's residents will hurt you. I know from reading the paper and talking to Academy peers that other Counties are the same way. Lets at least be as safe as we can for where we work.

08-18-2008, 09:04 PM
just heard that the agency are sending instructors to taser school. i guess we are finally coming into the 21st century. if they want i will trade in my cowboy hat.