PDA

View Full Version : Off-Duty Jobs

07-17-2008, 11:55 PM
Sure would be nice if some of us could make some extra money working some off-duty. The Bucs games are 150% full and the other six positions :roll: offered every month fill up kinda quickly. There has to be more opportunity for the department then what is being provided. The person running this pitiful show needs to wake up and be proactive. Frustrating to hear that TPD and HCSO have numerous jobs that go unfilled.

07-18-2008, 02:35 AM
go fill out an app at TPD and HCSO

07-24-2008, 10:39 PM
I'm sure he already has. If not I'll see ya there!

07-25-2008, 07:10 PM
Do you really think the city admin. is interested in us working tons of off duty outside of our city? They take on workers comp liability; risk having someone on light duty, getting in a traffic crash, pay the gas, and defend the civil suits for all our actions at each place. All that with zero benefit to OUR citizens. I suspect the man in charge is working under guidance from above.

Anyway - Why do our supervisors have difficulty filling overtime positions if you just need more money? Oh, wait - you want to get paid and not actually have to do police work. I'm sorry. I forgot who we have working here these days.