PDA

View Full Version : Daytona Bch Lt Accused of Threatening Starbucks

NewsHound
07-17-2008, 07:09 PM
Daytona Bch Lt Accused of Threatening Starbucks

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- A police lieutenant in Daytona Beach was fired over accusations that he threatened slower emergency response times if he was not given complimentary specialty Starbucks coffee drinks.

An internal police investigation found that Daytona Lt. Major Garvin received free coffee for about two years from a city Starbucks coffee
However, when recently denied free coffee from new management, Garvin allegedly told managers that he could change the police department's response time if they refuse to give him complimentary drinks.

However, when recently denied free coffee from new management, Garvin allegedly told managers that he could change the police department's response time if they refuse to give him complimentary drinks.

Garvin is accused of saying, "If something happens, either we can respond really fast or we could respond really slow. I've been coming here for years and I've been getting whatever I want. I'm the difference between you getting a two-minute response time, if you needed a little help, or a 15 minutes response time."

Click Here for The Rest of the Story and the Source (http://www.local6.com/news/16904043/detail.html)

dan1065cf
07-18-2008, 01:13 AM
Gimme' a coffee or else!!!

07-18-2008, 05:54 PM
There was trouble brewing. The truth got filtered out. It is grounds for dismissal. And this is not good to the last drop.