PDA

View Full Version : Officer struck by car

07-17-2008, 12:00 PM
Here's the link:

http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2008 ... ellas+Park (http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2008/7/17/365848.html?title=Officer+struck+by+van+in+Pinella s+Park)

My thoughts and prayers are with Officer Martin and his family. Get well soon. Be safe brothers and sisters.

07-17-2008, 02:43 PM
My thoughts and prayers go to Scott and his family. Your brothers are behind you.

07-17-2008, 03:03 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with Officer Martin and his family. Wishing you a full and speedy recovery.

07-17-2008, 09:09 PM
Amen. I hope the officer is able to quickly recover. Prayers to him and his family.

07-17-2008, 11:17 PM
Our prayers and thoughts are with our fellow brothers and sisters and especially Ofc. Martin. We wish him a speedy and complete recovery, and to all others out there a safe career.

07-19-2008, 03:03 PM
my heart is totally with the family ,but i would also like to see is these officers in lighter clothing or given more florescent clothing ,a vest which is more blue than yellow is not good enough to protect are elite guys.Administration needs to protect these elite people and just take this one as a close call.

07-27-2008, 07:24 PM
How is Scott doing?

07-29-2008, 11:56 AM
390 views and know one can answer the question that former post 912 asked?

07-29-2008, 02:57 PM
very well, he was suppose to get out of hospital yesterday or today

07-29-2008, 11:03 PM
He is at home

07-30-2008, 10:30 PM
Best wishes Scotty, your in our thoughts and prayers :D

09-25-2008, 05:39 PM
Hello Everyone!

Just wanted to thank all of you for your prayers and well wishes after my physical altercation with the van! Thanks to all who brought gifts and cards to Bayfront. There are too many of you to thank, but I hope this message gets to most of you. You have no idea how much my spirits are lifted after receiving calls, visits, or cards from you guys and gals. Oh yeah....thanks to all of my PPPD co-workers, PPFD Rescue 33, and Sunstar for rescuing me from the scene on July 17. All professionals in their respective fields.

Okay, now for the update on my injuries. My right hand went through the windshield and was cut pretty bad, hence no messages written or typed until now! The meniscus and ACL are torn in my left knee, but doctors are optimistic they will heal over time. My lower right leg was broken in four places with two of the breaks being compound fractures. The good news....I can now walk short distances without the aid of crutches, walkers, etc. No soccer yet!

Once again, thank you all for your prayers, positive thoughts, and well wishes. Petey, take care of car 34! I'll bet it's all tricked out now with aftermarket law enforcement lights and fuzzy dice!

Continue to watch out for each other on calls because we're all we have out there. Keep up the great work!

God bless,
Scott 377

10-06-2008, 10:36 PM
Good to hear things are getting better, thou at times we may not call. We are thinking of you Scott!

10-24-2008, 10:32 PM
We are very lucky, our prayers our still with you Scott as well as Deputy Sheriff Sarah Irene Haylett-Jones.

Deputy Sheriff Sarah Irene Haylett-Jones
Monroe County Sheriff's Office
Indiana
End of Watch: Sunday, October 19, 2008
Cause: Struck by vehicle

Biographical Info
Tour of Duty: 2 years, 2 months
Badge Number: 5388

Deputy Sarah Haylett-Jones succumbed to injuries sustained two days earlier when she was struck by a vehicle driven by a teenaged driver.

Deputy Haylett-Jones was directing traffic, where a wrecker was removing a stranded vehicle from a ravine, on State Road 45 near Melton's Orchard and Airport Road outside Bloomington at approximately 10:30 pm. Deputy Haylett-Jones was initially transported to Bloomington Hospital, but was later airlifted to Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis where she remained until succumbing to her injuries.

Deputy Haylett-Jones had served with the Monroe County Sheriff's Office for eight months. She had previously served with the Montgomery, Alabama, Police Department for 1½ years and was a US Air Force veteran. In her youth, she served as a captain of the Michigan State Police Explorers. Deputy Haylett-Jones is survived by her husband, two brothers, parents and grandmother.

Visit Deputy Sheriff Haylett-Jones's memorial at www.ODMP.org (http://www.ODMP.org)

10-28-2008, 03:16 PM
I was saddened by the news of Deputy Haylett-Jones' passing. My thoughts and prayers are with her family, friends, and co-workers. For those of you that are unaware, traffic crashes are the number one cause of in-the-line-of-duty deaths.

Several people have come up to me and expressed how unlucky I was to get struck by a vehicle. Without hesitation I tell them how lucky I am because I'm alive and on the road to recovery. It's is without a doubt challenging to stay alert and vigilant in reference to those that want to intentionally hurt us. It is even more challenging to stay alert and vigilant to those that hurt us unintentionally. Please be careful out there. The consequences can be life changing. I miss you all and I am looking forward to my inevitable return to law enforcement.

Keep up the great work!

Scott 377

10-30-2008, 08:42 PM
Ditto :D

11-17-2008, 06:17 PM
Scott, Hope all is going well!! Please drop us a line or two with an update.

12-06-2008, 03:35 AM
Season's Greetings to All of You!

It is closing in on Christmas and I thought I would give one last update before my return to work! Both my legs are functioning well, but still no soccer yet......... (Good enough for light duty though). I have one last appointment with my neurosurgeon on December 19. He will go over my brain MRI to make sure my hampster wheel is back on track!

I want to thank all of you for your thoughts, prayers, and continual words of encouragement (Well, almost all of you!...heat!!!!!!!!!). It has made a difference.

Best Wishes for a Great Holiday Season and an even better New Year,
Scott 377

01-07-2009, 08:31 PM
SEE YOU ALL NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott 377

01-14-2009, 06:04 PM
:cop: :cop: WELCOME BACK SCOTTY!!!!!!! :cop: :cop:

01-15-2009, 01:00 PM
Way to go!

01-18-2009, 09:09 PM
Scott Martin is a GREAT officer and an even GREATER friend and co-worker..Welcome back my friend......

01-30-2009, 07:12 PM
Hi Scott,
I was at the hospital with your wife and Chief Thomas while you were being treated. I’m glad you’re ok and back to work. You’re a lucky man.

I was one of the folks from C.I.S.M. team. I also used to work at Pinellas Park a very long time ago and still have friends there (ok more like family.)

Well just wanted to stop by and tell welcome back and I'm glad your doing well.

BE SAFE BROTHER

Ofc. A. J. Falconeri
Gulfport Police Department

02-27-2009, 12:03 AM
Hi A.J.

I'm sorry I don't remember you, but my wife thanks you for your support and I think you bought her lunch! I thank you for what you did on that day. I'm almost back on the road and I'm salavating. The light-duty stuff is actually a lot of work at PPPD (only one of me). I like to think I'm helping my brothers and sisters out there when I take my 3rd or 4th fraud in a day! My contributions are small in comparison to what everyone else does day in and day out. Hang on everyone....a little relief is on the way soon!

A.J., say hello to Hahn Von Pham for me. We went to the Hillsborough academy together. Thanks again for what you did. You made a bad day a little brighter for my wife Jeannine and others.

Scott PPPD 377

03-02-2009, 05:44 PM
Sounds like you are working on light duty,,,, amazing how others that have been on light duty in the past had time to mill around the pd and play hall monitor,,,

03-03-2009, 12:45 PM
All light duty officers should take heed from 377......he's awsome!!!! :D

03-03-2009, 03:25 PM
VERY TRUE, the others well,,,, we won't cast stones. :devil:

03-04-2009, 11:32 PM
Folks I'm touched by your comments, but please don't judge others. We are a team and it makes me feel good whenever I can contribute something that makes patrol's day a little easier. It's kind of like the ninth inning of a baseball game, your team is down by one run, and the coach puts you in to pinch hit. You want to hit the homerun ball to tie the game, but your physical skills aren't there anymore to crank out the homerun ball. In the back of your mind you tell yourself "A base hit keeps the game alive." For now, I'm a base hitter, but I can't wait to return to patrol. I have a physical fitness test in about two weeks that will determine that. My left knee is still in question. Worse case scenario, I return to work alongside some great people in Records. They work hard everyday.

Scott 377

03-05-2009, 03:26 PM
This is becoming a soap opera :roll:

03-05-2009, 04:27 PM

KMA :devil:

03-06-2009, 01:04 AM

yup due date expired awhile ago.