PDA

View Full Version : Fop

07-15-2008, 01:38 PM
We need to meet with the FOP, and see what they have to offer.

07-15-2008, 05:59 PM
ummmm No we dont, or, how about you go ahead. We need to wait and see how this plays out. This is the most the PBA has ever done for us. I dont care about the money crunch bs. For years we did nothing, now we are doing something, something that has to be done. If you want to do anything vote to get rid of the Chief, he is the only one not doing anything. Our reps are doing everything they can, and now the PBA is doing all they can. Plus the board members are not going to listen now that FOP is here. They dont listen to anyone. We must focus on getting rid of those holding positions that are not pro police!

-This year is going to be a tough one, there is a hiring freeze and we are down Officers. Our work load is going to increase. Its a shame the Chief lets this happen. At FAU their police budget went untouched, because they understand the importance of the police on campus. PBA is trying to deliver that message, while the Chief does what?

07-15-2008, 08:09 PM
THE PBA ARE IDIOTS JUST LIKE YOU THAT IS WHY YOU CANT SEE THE HARM THEY ARE DOING.

07-15-2008, 09:58 PM
THE PBA ARE IDIOTS JUST LIKE YOU THAT IS WHY YOU CANT SEE THE HARM THEY ARE DOING.

WHAT HARM???? WHAT HARM ARE THEY DOING???????????????????? Back your statement up with facts! I want concrete evidence that their acts are causing harm!! If you have an opinion thats fine and dandy. But you are wrong in stating they are doing harm! You know who is doing harm? The board members! And they have been doing it for years to us! The police. Now this statement can be backed up by facts and CONRETE EVIDENCE.

07-16-2008, 12:30 AM

WHAT HARM???? WHAT HARM ARE THEY DOING???????????????????? Back your statement up with facts! I want concrete evidence that their acts are causing harm!! If you have an opinion thats fine and dandy. But you are wrong in stating they are doing harm! You know who is doing harm? The board members! And they have been doing it for years to us! The police. Now this statement can be backed up by facts and CONRETE EVIDENCE.
Either way, the only proof will be time.

07-16-2008, 02:57 AM

WHAT HARM???? WHAT HARM ARE THEY DOING???????????????????? Back your statement up with facts! I want concrete evidence that their acts are causing harm!! If you have an opinion thats fine and dandy. But you are wrong in stating they are doing harm! You know who is doing harm? The board members! And they have been doing it for years to us! The police. Now this statement can be backed up by facts and CONRETE EVIDENCE.Are you that stupid that you need it to be pointed out to you? My Oh My you truly have your head up your seat.

07-16-2008, 11:37 AM

WHAT HARM???? WHAT HARM ARE THEY DOING???????????????????? Back your statement up with facts! I want concrete evidence that their acts are causing harm!! If you have an opinion thats fine and dandy. But you are wrong in stating they are doing harm! You know who is doing harm? The board members! And they have been doing it for years to us! The police. Now this statement can be backed up by facts and CONRETE EVIDENCE.Are you that stupid that you need it to be pointed out to you? My Oh My you truly have your head up your seat.

Ask yourself six questions?

What has the PBA done for yourself or our agency?

How much harm has attacking the Chief, the Board, and Johnson caused?

What happens if the officials no one has heard of, with no political party backing don't get elected?

How many PBA members will resign or represenitives were forced out?

What harm would listening to the FOP cause, it seems the agencies with the best contracts have switched over. Take a vote, majority rules?

07-16-2008, 01:10 PM

If this is how you went to the negotiation table, it is not a wonder why they don't take you serious.

07-16-2008, 01:18 PM
We must focus on getting rid of those holding positions that are not pro police!

While our number are low, add in 10,000 teachers + spouses, friends, etc, and cops from other agencies (after all, those of us that live in a city vote for pro-police candidates in that city's elections). With Palm Beach County's historically low voter turnouts, elections can be swayed our way.

07-16-2008, 01:25 PM
We must focus on getting rid of those holding positions that are not pro police!

While our number are low, add in 10,000 teachers + spouses, friends, etc, and cops from other agencies (after all, those of us that live in a city vote for pro-police candidates in that city's elections). With Palm Beach County's historically low voter turnouts, elections can be swayed our way.

Logical, I hope it works.

07-16-2008, 05:29 PM
Gentlemen if I may inteject here a bit there is way too much machismo and testosterone being thrown about in this forum. I have been reading the blogs and keeping quiet until now. I don't want to offend anyone but the proponents for change do have a valid point. The pro PBA officers are either misinformed, under-informed or just dont want to see the light. While the officers that want change makes a good point but engage in too much PBA bashing and name calling. Let's review the facts: The pro PBA people say let's stay the course and see what happens. Well I offer this insigt for you if you were on a boat and a sandbar was approaching, your radar indicated that it is dead ahead would you still steer into it's path? In addition you state that the Board, AJ and the Chief has done nothing over the last few years to improve our wages. You state that over the years you have tried but have not succeeded in making any positive headway in negotiations. If your statement's are true gentlemen then you are admitting that you have failed and maybe it is time for fresh faces and new ideas. Now for the people who want change you are going about it all wrong. To warrant a change in any leadership capacity you must not only voice your opposition but you need to provide alternatives. Bad mouthing the people in office without providing a better way is no solution. Being involved in negotiations takes more than trying to bully your adversary and this is the tactics that we are currently involved with. I am a PBA dues paying, meeting attending, gun ho fanatic but sorry boys I have to admit that this billboard this in very unprofessional and childish. I would prefer the approach where you cultivate favors or good feelings with the potential new board members. Now some food for thought, imagine you are one of the new people who are trying to get on the board and you see this childish display by the PBA, what do you think they are saying to themselves. Would it not be a better approach if we constantly show the potential new board members all the hard work we do day in day out. Should we not make available the statistics from years past to present that shows how we have decreased crime in every school. How about we show them what we intend to do in the future and how it is imperative that we have their support. Our representatives must understand that these people who are attempting to get on the school board has political aspirations of their own or is already affiliated with an incumbent politician. I don't think either one of them will want to be associated with a circus like buffoon organization that we are showing them we are.

07-16-2008, 08:11 PM
Gentlemen if I may inteject here a bit there is way too much machismo and testosterone being thrown about in this forum. I have been reading the blogs and keeping quiet until now. I don't want to offend anyone but the proponents for change do have a valid point. The pro PBA officers are either misinformed, under-informed or just dont want to see the light. While the officers that want change makes a good point but engage in too much PBA bashing and name calling. Let's review the facts: The pro PBA people say let's stay the course and see what happens. Well I offer this insigt for you if you were on a boat and a sandbar was approaching, your radar indicated that it is dead ahead would you still steer into it's path? In addition you state that the Board, AJ and the Chief has done nothing over the last few years to improve our wages. You state that over the years you have tried but have not succeeded in making any positive headway in negotiations. If your statement's are true gentlemen then you are admitting that you have failed and maybe it is time for fresh faces and new ideas. Now for the people who want change you are going about it all wrong. To warrant a change in any leadership capacity you must not only voice your opposition but you need to provide alternatives. Bad mouthing the people in office without providing a better way is no solution. Being involved in negotiations takes more than trying to bully your adversary and this is the tactics that we are currently involved with. I am a PBA dues paying, meeting attending, gun ho fanatic but sorry boys I have to admit that this billboard this in very unprofessional and childish. I would prefer the approach where you cultivate favors or good feelings with the potential new board members. Now some food for thought, imagine you are one of the new people who are trying to get on the board and you see this childish display by the PBA, what do you think they are saying to themselves. Would it not be a better approach if we constantly show the potential new board members all the hard work we do day in day out. Should we not make available the statistics from years past to present that shows how we have decreased crime in every school. How about we show them what we intend to do in the future and how it is imperative that we have their support. Our representatives must understand that these people who are attempting to get on the school board has political aspirations of their own or is already affiliated with an incumbent politician. I don't think either one of them will want to be associated with a circus like buffoon organization that we are showing them we are.

Great post...now get a couple of the PBA board represenitives to tell the truth, quit spreading lies, and quit posting our union business on a public web-site and I do beleive in time all the embarassing crap will stop. If you remember it was a few of our union members who started publishing attacks on members that were not true. It does need to stop, but it better start with our PBA leadership.

07-16-2008, 10:37 PM

Great post...now get a couple of the PBA board represenitives to tell the truth, quit spreading lies, and quit posting our union business on a public web-site and I do beleive in time all the embarassing crap will stop. If you remember it was a few of our union members who started publishing attacks on members that were not true. It does need to stop, but it better start with our PBA leadership.

Mr. Guest, tell us more of what you speak. Tell the truth, quit spreading lies, quit posting union business and ''a few union members (you meant PBA reps?) who publish attacks on members that,s not true''. Yet that is what you have just done!!!!! Please call me on the phone as I would love to speak to you. But as always, I won't wait for your call, because you would them be in the open and someone might see you. Hurry with you reply of a personal nature instead of the facts of what you say.
FOP is a fraternal organization in Florida (for the most part) PBA is where we are and need to stay. You and the other members will soon get your chance to change all the Reps, I hope you step up, as I will vote for Officer Guest and have them save us from these Reps that have only they agenda to put foward. They (and I) have so much to gain. (please tell me what that is) if you have the answers.
Again Please Call Me, Love To Talk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S. THE GREEN HAS NO SUBLIMINAL MESSAGE, BUT PLEASE STARE AT IT FOR 1 MINUTE.

07-16-2008, 11:25 PM

Mr. Guest, tell us more of what you speak. Tell the truth, quit spreading lies, quit posting union business and ''a few union members (you meant PBA reps?) who publish attacks on members that,s not true''. Yet that is what you have just done!!!!! Please call me on the phone as I would love to speak to you. But as always, I won't wait for your call, because you would them be in the open and someone might see you. Hurry with you reply of a personal nature instead of the facts of what you say.
FOP is a fraternal organization in Florida (for the most part) PBA is where we are and need to stay. You and the other members will soon get your chance to change all the Reps, I hope you step up, as I will vote for Officer Guest and have them save us from these Reps that have only they agenda to put foward. They (and I) have so much to gain. (please tell me what that is) if you have the answers.

Your information on the FOP is incorrect, check out our website.

07-16-2008, 11:35 PM

Your information on the FOP is incorrect, check out our website.

Quit acting like you don't know who I am, call me.

07-16-2008, 11:49 PM
[quote="Not a grasshopper":1afux01f]We must focus on getting rid of those holding positions that are not pro police!

Logical, I hope it works.[/quote:1afux01f]

Its a start. Just announced today by the Palm Beach Voter's Coalition, which is a non-partisan organization

In the nonpartisan races, the coalition endorses:
Property Appraiser: Richard Machek.
Sheriff Ric Bradshaw.
Supervisor of Elections: Susan Bucher.
School Board District 1: Monroe Benaim.
School Board District 4: Carrie Parker Hill.
School Board District 5: Frank Barbieri, Jr.

07-17-2008, 03:03 AM
"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot have both PBA and FOP.
"The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eyes are bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness! "No one lights a lamp and puts it in a place where it will be hidden, or under a bowl. Instead he puts it on its stand, so that those who come in may see the light. Your eye is the lamp of your body. When your eyes are good, your whole body also is full of light. But when they are bad, your body also is full of darkness. See to it, then, that the light within you is not darkness. Therefore, if your whole body is full of light, and no part of it dark, it will be completely lighted, as when the light of a lamp shines on you."
I will maintain my righteousness and never let go of it; my conscience will not reproach me as long as I live.
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good.
For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind.
Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification.
Be careful, however, that the exercise of your freedom does not become a stumbling block to the weak.
Holding on to faith and a good conscience. Some have rejected these and so have shipwrecked their faith. They must keep hold of the deep truths of the faith with a clear conscience.