PDA

View Full Version : New Vehicle graphics

07-15-2008, 01:08 PM
This is not a rumor, the new vehicle graphics are being considered and they have the phrase "call 1-888-PARK COP" along the entire rear quarter panel of the vehicle. Go ahead and ask your supervisor if this is true, they can't deny it!!!

I'm glad we're taking two steps back for every one step forward in trying to be recognized as a LAW ENFORCEMENT agency. For all those wanna be park rangers up in Tally, I'm sure the park service has openings..let the rest of us try to be recognized as true law enforcement PROFESSIONALS..not park cops...pleeeeeze!!!

07-15-2008, 07:32 PM
As long as FPP is under the "direction" of the Park Service, they will have the final say on anything. Just look at the cell phone usage.

Get used to it, it ain't gonna stop any time soon.

First bumper stickers, now vehicle graphics....

07-15-2008, 09:01 PM
You have got to be kidding me......1-866-PARK COP?!?!?!?! What a joke, not only does the term PARK COP sound derogatory but could you have picked a LONGER number to put on the vehicles...my god!!!! This sounds like some hair brained idea out of Tally...from those that DON"T DRIVE marked cars!!!

Here we go back to the stone ages...just when we were starting to actually believe we were STATE LEO's...Oh...wait a minute ..we ARE STATE LEO's..contrary to what the director's office apparently thinks.

07-15-2008, 09:21 PM
What are yall complaining about?? The vehicles will at least say Poleeeece on them. :devil:

got it good
07-15-2008, 11:00 PM
The new bumper stickers and new vehicle graphics are a step in the right direction. Quit whining.

07-15-2008, 11:45 PM
Will someone please enlighten me on how stickers, uniforms and guns will 1. Make me a better officer, 2. improve my ability to put food on the table and 3. increase my ability to provide necessities, such as clothing, transporation and school supplies to my children?

I may have it all wrong. But, I new stickers, uniforms or guns will make me a better officer. My family can't eat the stickers, wear the uniforms and unless the department is going to allow me to hunt with it the new gun is not much use either. And, I can't use the car for personal use so that's not much good to my family either.

You folks are allowing yourselves to be distracted by issues that are essentially unimportant in the grand scheme of things. If you want to be upset about someting be upset that a department that "has no money" for salaries sure doesn't seem to have a problem buying guns, holsters, stickers and new uniforms.

Gas and milk are at $4.00 per gallon. The energy company in my area is going raise prices 11%. Frankly, I don't need anymore damn equipment that has little use to me at work and certainly won't increase my ability to provide for my family.

Grow up and quit whining about toys!

07-16-2008, 02:18 AM
Me thinks Guest 101 needs a hug!!

07-16-2008, 10:48 AM
If you want to be upset about someting be upset that a department that "has no money" for salaries sure doesn't seem to have a problem buying guns, holsters, stickers and new uniforms.

There's a difference between "salary" dollars and money for purchases of equipment, etc.

07-16-2008, 12:44 PM
If you want to use Guest 101's theory then I guess we can start dressing all LEO's up in pink uniforms with nice little VW beetle's as squad cars, let's paint them pink with purple polka dots. Then respond to a large bar fight or large group of drunk subjects in a beach park pavilion for that matter, see what kind of respect that uniform and equipment will get you!

I'm sorry Guest 101 but equipment AND what it looks like DOES make a difference. If a subject's perception of an Officer is "oh, you're just a park cop, I don't need to listen to you until the REAL police show up", you will have a very difficult time doing your job on a daily basis.

Yes, we all want a raise, I think everyone will agree to that, but what we look like and how we are perceived by the public (and by the bad guys) matters to most, if not all, of us out there doing the job!

07-16-2008, 11:56 PM
I think the point is we already have the tools we need to conduct ourselves as the "real" police.

We have a police uniform, a badge that identifies us as an officer, a vehicles with real flashing blue lights and markings identifing us as officers, real guns and handcuffs.

If people can't identify you as a "real" police officer then maybe you need to evaluate how you conduct yourself and your business.

If you must judge your abilities by having new "toys" then you are possibly compensating for lack of self worth as an officer and have a self esteem/identity issue that needs addressing.

07-17-2008, 01:54 AM
I don't care about all that! Just please tell me we can all go back to the "Infamous Ranger Academy" :oops:

07-17-2008, 02:18 AM
Aunt Sally, is that you?!?!?

07-17-2008, 03:11 AM
I have to wonder about the people that thought putting call 1-866-PARK COP would be a good idea? I mean, first of all it does say PARK COP when we do so much more than just patrol parks, I myself have been involved in multiple mutual aid type incidents. We have the equipment and the ability to help out in some very rough terrain. The local agencies now know who we are and that we are just a phone call away if they should need our resources. And secondly...that is an awfully LOOOOOONG number to be putting on a vehicle, why couldn't we be like most other agencies and put a * number (*347 for example since that goes to our comm centers). Keep it simple.

What about the "focus" groups that are supposed to be giving input on all these changes, where were they in all this? Or are the "focus" groups just all a bunch of "yes men" hand picked so there would be no waves??? I have faith that a little brainstorming could have come up with a better solution than 1-866 PARK COP.

07-18-2008, 03:53 AM
Dep Dawg,
making derogatory comments about your state park enforcement agency will not help you acquire a position on the focus committee. Are you the type that got picked last for dodgeball in school????

07-18-2008, 11:23 PM
It's called pride and many don't have it anymore! Most SLEO's don't care about anything except "me" anymore and that sir is your answer. Ask yourself, why did you apply to DEP?

07-19-2008, 05:49 PM
Listen, I havent been with this agency for too long and I was with an SO before, but this agency has more equipment and more freedom than any agency I know. They dont give us a hard time about where we patrol, they dont limit out jurisdiction, we have more "toys" than we know what to do with, we have a good time at work, and yet people ***** about the dumbest stuff.

If they put a sticker on the back of my 2007 expedition or on my boat, who cares. It WONT help me do my job, or the image of the agency, and no one will use the number, but if that is what tallahassee is concerned about...that we are known as park cops... then what can we do? i take a lot of pride in this agency and being labeled as a lowly park cop is not going to change that.

07-20-2008, 11:27 AM
How do you know that no one will use the hotlines we provide? Have you seen any statistics to prove that?

07-20-2008, 09:09 PM
people may use #DEP for an environmental crime if they know about it, but why would they use parkcop? WHEN would they use park cop? If they are in a park and need LE assistance they will call the local agency or 911. Our agency is a proactive agency, but not really a call for service agency. If someone's car get burglarized in a state park, they will call 911. If there are drunk people disturbing others, theyll tell a park ranger or contact local LE. Its just the way it works.

Not only that, but if i need LE, i wouldnt even call park cop. It just doesn't sound right. If I need an officer, I dont want it to be a "park cop". I want it to be a full fledged police officer.

07-21-2008, 08:07 PM
Have I seen "statistics" about the potential use of a 1-800-parkcop hotline? There is no one out there doing a statistical survey regarding the use of the parkcop hotline. In America, when you need LE assitance, you dial 911. NOT 1-800-PARK-COP. It is common sense. Also, I would advise this agency to stay away from a call/respond type set-up. If someone did call parkcop, it may take hours for a DEP officer to get there, thereby making our agency look like crap. Our bread and butter is pro-active patrol and being seen... NOT responding to calls. If we are there, we can take the call, but if someones car got backed into, then call the locals and dont wait 3 hours for us.

07-22-2008, 01:42 AM
Have I seen "statistics" about the potential use of a 1-800-parkcop hotline? There is no one out there doing a statistical survey regarding the use of the parkcop hotline.

1-800-PARKCOP is a live number.

07-22-2008, 05:05 AM
parkcop is a LIVE number, wow that is very helpful. Like 3 people have used it.

07-22-2008, 10:45 AM
Ok, I'm not saying I'm FOR the 800 number, but how do you know only 3 people have used it?

07-23-2008, 01:08 AM
Ok, I'm not saying I'm FOR the 800 number, but how do you know only 3 people have used it?

911...would be better. Everyone can remember that number!

07-28-2008, 03:00 AM
Yes,it's your Aunt Sally here, but hey! they talked about the tasers in the other form, do you know if it were not for the taser my little Snookums would not be here.....well it was a year ago today on a day, just like this one, and I was visting one of your fine state parks, when who would confront me, but one of the mean park rangers, he told me my Snookums had to be on a 6 foot leash or shorter, well I can tell you Snookums did not want any part of that ranger and his leash laws. My Snookums statred to bark at him and the ranger looked in his Ranger Hand book, which he got at Ranger School, and he pulled out a shot gun and shot my snookums. I saw snookums just laying there, I was in shock. when the ranger yelled I am not done here. The ranger then pulled out a taser and shot Snookums this time with the taser, and the shock brought Snookums back from the farm he had just bought......well you could have guessed how mad I was, and they would not give me my money back at the ranger station, but did give me a one free ticket ride for the air boat ride. thanks Paula.

Please talk with your rangers in your parks ,it could save the Snookums in you life.

Love and kisses xxxooo

Aunt Sally

07-28-2008, 03:09 PM
I am deeply saddened for the loss of your snookums, Aunt Sally. May she rest in pieces. :cry: :cry: :cry:

07-28-2008, 09:14 PM
Hello Aunt Sally! It's been a while since we have seen you here on this fine forum, where have you been? Good to see you are back and in fine form! I'm also glad to here that you have found snookems and he has not been lost forever in one of our excellent state parks.

I might have a suggestion for your problem with the ranger...first of all, tell him the rule governing the 6 foot leash law is UN-enforceable as of the time being, tell him to go back to ranger academy for an update! THEN, see the ranger retreat with his tail between his legs...that should make ole snookems proud!!

Anyway, glad to to see you're still around and haven't forgot about those of us still proudly wearing the black and gray!!

08-01-2008, 03:11 AM
Aunt Sally here, Iam glad to see you all missed me, and was that remark about the... black and gray about my hair? I'll just say no.

Snookums is still in I.C.U. (IREMA'S CLEAN UNDERWARE) why he is there I don't know, but that is what they told me. anyway I digressed (where did I here that word before?) I am glad to here that the park people have become nicer, while just the other day I was in one of your fine parks, when one of the park Rangers walked up to me and asked what happened to Snookums. I told him about the taser incident, and he asked if I have thought about giving Snookums some Prozak (not sure if I spelled that right)but is that some kind of drug? the ranger just laughed and walked away. It was very nice of him to care about Snookums. I think i will bring Snookums on the air boat ride when he is well, since you are not using your 62'ds. Please look for me in your nearest park, me and Snookums will be looking for you.

Love and kisses xxxooo

Aunt Sally

08-02-2008, 07:23 PM
Its real simple peal the stupid thing off and call it a day. See problem solved. its aonly a freaking sticker. Or better yet put it on your Capt or Lt unmark baaahaaaaa

08-05-2008, 09:50 PM
Yay for no parkcop

09-30-2008, 03:50 AM
merge FWC with DEP