PDA

View Full Version : Redneck Image

07-14-2008, 08:07 AM
Starting July 21, FWC Officers will be authorized to wear their issued cowboy hats and new badges! Yes sir, pick up trucks, tool boxes, cowboy hats, boots, and there you have it. A good ole boy, AKA: REDNECK!

Well, looking at how many FWC Officers look in uniform, (who have no clue what an iron is used for) will fit right in. The biggest standard has just been lowered!

07-14-2008, 01:01 PM
Starting July 21, FWC Officers will be authorized to wear their issued cowboy hats and new badges! Yes sir, pick up trucks, tool boxes, cowboy hats, boots, and there you have it. A good ole boy, AKA: REDNECK!

Well, looking at how many FWC Officers look in uniform, (who have no clue what an iron is used for) will fit right in. The biggest standard has just been lowered!

Just take a look at the Fisheating Creek or the Kissimmee River crews. Dirty and wrinkled is a badge of honor.

07-16-2008, 01:41 AM
i don't think that you have seen the river crew lately but most are at standard, JB he is always in spits and starches plus he's on the honor guard. there are some in that crew that is an a disgrace, but the rest look ok.

07-16-2008, 07:00 AM
All of the FWC officers I've worked with were always pressed and polished and extremely professional. Maybe it was because their supervisor required it in order to work those details but I was always impressed and would highly recommend all of them.

07-17-2008, 08:48 PM

Just take a look at the Fisheating Creek or the Kissimmee River crews. Dirty and wrinkled is a badge of honor.

Some people have to do more than just drive to their boat that is already in the water!! Some actually have to work in and around mud. There is more than just salt water in Florida.

07-17-2008, 11:46 PM

Some people have to do more than just drive to their boat that is already in the water!! Some actually have to work in and around mud. There is more than just salt water in Florida.Funny, I don't have mud on my uniform when come 10-8. I wash and press mine.

07-18-2008, 12:26 AM
Exactly, you should have a squared away uniform (that means pressed along with shined boots) at the beginning of your shift. And, not in the same nasty uniform you wore the day before. Unfortunately, with limited supervision you get what you get!

07-18-2008, 01:03 AM
you new guys just don't get it, the Fwc is what you make it, and all you do is ***** and moan about petty things. Grow up, do your job or get the hell out.

07-18-2008, 01:28 AM
you new guys just don't get it, the Fwc is what you make it, and all you do is ***** and moan about petty things. Grow up, do your job or get the hell out.Stop blaming the new guys for the image of the old GFCers.

07-19-2008, 11:45 PM
Not all of the new guys are to blame, but to many want to spend all their time running around looking pretty and trying to act like the S.O.
They need to spend some time with the older officer's and learn how to do the job right.

07-20-2008, 12:31 AM
Not all of the new guys are to blame, but to many want to spend all their time running around looking pretty and trying to act like the S.O.
They need to spend some time with the older officer's and learn how to do the job right.Does doing the job right mean to spend all of your time sucking up to wealthy landowners just so you can kill a deer once in a while. Is doing the job right continuing to target the same crimes year after year even though that type of activity is all but extinct. How many gill net or 99 cases have been made in the last year? Is doing the job sneaking around private property for weeks on end looking for turkey bait on the off chance someone might shoot within 100 yards of it? Wake up! Our stakeholders are more apt to be on the water somewhere drinking. The legislators may take us more seriously if we spent less time protecting some rancher's deer and spent more time protecting the general public in places the general public go. Those places rarely include a private ranch.

07-20-2008, 12:34 AM
One more thing to add. Its not about looking pretty. Its having a professional appearance. Read the GOs, shave off those rediculous mutton chops, and buy an iron. This is not 1973 and you are not Elvis!

07-20-2008, 12:39 AM
And lets get rid of the 1970's V-neck shirts!

07-20-2008, 12:48 AM
I thought I saw Elvis one night on a vector search pattern:)

08-08-2008, 01:09 AM
Glad to hear black crew necks are finally allowed. Thank You, someone is listening up there! Believe it or not the small stuff sometimes is actually pretty significant to us small people down here.

08-16-2008, 11:08 PM
They need to spend some time with the older officer's and learn how to do the job right.Does doing the job right mean to spend all of your time sucking up to wealthy landowners just so you can kill a deer once in a while. Is doing the job right continuing to target the same crimes year after year even though that type of activity is all but extinct. How many gill net or 99 cases have been made in the last year? Is doing the job sneaking around private property for weeks on end looking for turkey bait on the off chance someone might shoot within 100 yards of it? Wake up! Our stakeholders are more apt to be on the water somewhere drinking. The legislators may take us more seriously if we spent less time protecting some rancher's deer and spent more time protecting the general public in places the general public go. Those places rarely include a private ranch.
The problem we have is spelled out right here. We are FISH AND WILDLIFE, not cops on the water or heavy jurisdiction AG guys. Our f$%#ing mission is wildlife. Check your core missions, and flush your head gear new guy.

08-17-2008, 04:39 PM
Yes, wildlife is our core mission. Most of that can be found and exploited on the waters of the state. Yes, we are cops on the water. Check your ID card because it tells you that. Why do you think we went to an LE academy and got sworn? I doubt it was for becoming a security guard for a bunch of rich ranchowners. If thats what you hired on for then maybe you should look at the definition for conflict of interests. Can you imagine what Woods and Water or Florida Sportsman would write if they found out how much time some of our officers spend on private land at the taxpayers expense? Ooops, I guess its out now! This should be looked into. Do you really think that rancher would let you hunt his land if he didn't get something out of it? Do you really think that if you lost your job and did something else for a living you would still have hunting rights on his land? Not! I'd love to see an indepth expose done by one of those investigative reporters.

08-17-2008, 05:59 PM
Yes, wildlife is our core mission. Most of that can be found and exploited on the waters of the state. Yes, we are cops on the water. Check your ID card because it tells you that. Why do you think we went to an LE academy and got sworn? I doubt it was for becoming a security guard for a bunch of rich ranchowners. If thats what you hired on for then maybe you should look at the definition for conflict of interests. Can you imagine what Woods and Water or Florida Sportsman would write if they found out how much time some of our officers spend on private land at the taxpayers expense? Ooops, I guess its out now! This should be looked into. Do you really think that rancher would let you hunt his land if he didn't get something out of it? Do you really think that if you lost your job and did something else for a living you would still have hunting rights on his land? Not! I'd love to see an indepth expose done by one of those investigative reporters.

Did you really just use "Not!", as part of your argument (Yes you did, in the last sentence. It was a rhetorical question)? All I can say is wow. Have you gone off any sick ramps on your new skate board? Do you still wear jams? I mean really. It's 2008. You probablly still say gnarly, and call people dude.

As to patrolling private lands. Why should we not enforce wildlife laws on private as well as public lands? That just doesn't make any sense.

Thats all, I'll let you get back to your half-pipe, bro.

08-17-2008, 06:53 PM
In order to promote the new agency image of a softer and kinder FWC, the new vehicle scheme will be a yellow background to simulate the Florida Sun and a pink Flamingo painted on the side to illustrate wildlife conservation.
Before you burn your keyboard with a reply, I know that Flamingos are not indigenous, but Julie doe not.

08-20-2008, 06:18 PM

I could not disagree more. Our mission and our name is Fish and Wildlife. I am willing to concede that during the course of accomplishing our core mission we run across general LE stuff, but we have shifted from targeting fish poachers and running into warrants or drugs into using our mission to target these things. I also am speaking from a South region B perspective. Things like bartenders weekend, the Regatta that suck our budget dollars for babysitting people that are drinking on the water. No one is fishing, just drinking and all the other general LE stuff that goes with it. As far as the private land patrolling, I dont have experience there so I cannot accurately comment. Lastly, why are we mandated to repond to S-4 B's. Fish and Wildlife right??!!

08-20-2008, 08:33 PM
You fail to realise that two agencies were combined to create this one. Guess what one of them did?