PDA

View Full Version : Non-Traditional Policing

07-13-2008, 09:33 AM
I have worked for the Non-Traditional Policing Agencies before, and I sympathize with you guys. You have it rough from Administration, the public, and other Law Enforcement Agencies who refuse to recognize you as "the real police". You guys do a great job, and I appreciate your presence. My spouse works at UCH, which I realize is off campus, but seeing your cruisers go by the area is certainly a deterent in that not so happy area! And I'm jealous, you're cruisers are much nicer than ours...haa. Keep up the good work!

07-13-2008, 05:29 PM
We have a great relationship with the outside agencies, the only problem is the USF administrations feelings that we are not a real Police Department.

Thanks for your positive comments

07-20-2008, 08:24 AM
No, really, we do not see you as equals. Sorry :(

07-20-2008, 10:44 PM
No, really, we do not see you as equals. Sorry :(

This is correct. USFPD and the VA Police should get together and cry on each others' shoulders about finding acceptance in LE.

07-21-2008, 12:44 AM
I have been assisted by USFPD on a couple of occasions and they always have been very professional. We all dont feel this way. i would gladly return the favor for a fellow officer.

07-21-2008, 01:20 AM
It's all realative like I say, salary for the job is a lot better at HCSO and Tampa, but if you have a wife that works or are working on a second retirement, this place is great. A lot better working environment than either one of those places, how much is that worth? For a police job it's not a bad place to spend a career at.

There is as much action here as you want to make it, USF is surrounded by crime ridden areas. The newbies that come are looking for the higher salaries and the constent action, the action can be produced, but not the salary, so they usually don't last.

07-21-2008, 02:47 AM
"Non Traditional Policing?" It's still the same policing. Most officers that are killed, are killed in rural areas, not big cities or the their suburbs, if you have ever studied the FBI stats on officers killed in the line of duty.

If Non Traditional means, no domestics (3-4 a night, for an officer and usually repeated ones), not much juvenile problems (5-8 a night ofr an officer in the City or County), no drunks (I'm talking the dead beat drunks that the ambulance doesn't want to take, and you get stuck with for an hour, and not the average student that his parents will pick up or he is cited and released), then yes USF Police is a Non Tradtitional agency.

It's a lot better working environment, though less pay.., but no politics of a new Mayor coming in every four years and changing the Chief and the
Administration around. If this is what is considered a Non-Traditional police department, then yes it is.

07-21-2008, 04:17 AM
At USF, the big stuff is underage drinking arrest, the Zero Tollerance alcohol driving (underage drivers with a .02 bac or higher, which most agencies don't even deal with), and misdemeanor marijuana arrest, all bush-league stuff that will make you a hero there for the arrest. Thats why I left for a bigger agency, for me, I needed more than that stuff to excite me about spending a career as a cop.

07-21-2008, 05:02 AM
It's all realative like I say, salary for the job is a lot better at HCSO and Tampa, but if you have a wife that works or are working on a second retirement, this place is great. A lot better working environment than either one of those places, how much is that worth? For a police job it's not a bad place to spend a career at.

There is as much action here as you want to make it, USF is surrounded by crime ridden areas. The newbies that come are looking for the higher salaries and the constent action, the action can be produced, but not the salary, so they usually don't last.

07-21-2008, 11:00 AM
I have been assisted by USFPD on a couple of occasions and they always have been very professional. We all don't feel this way. i would gladly return the favor for a fellow officer.

Thank You and don't pay any attention to Ray. He's frustrated that his place on earth is now a overflowing toilet mop boy.

Oh Ray, still waiting for those incriminating videos.

07-31-2008, 06:54 PM
At USF, the big stuff is underage drinking arrest, the Zero Tollerance alcohol driving (underage drivers with a .02 bac or higher, which most agencies don't even deal with), and misdemeanor marijuana arrest, all bush-league stuff that will make you a hero there for the arrest. Thats why I left for a bigger agency, for me, I needed more than that stuff to excite me about spending a career as a cop.

Well, if you are so happy and well adjusted in your new, REAL POLICE job, then why the hell are you posting on our page? Why do you even read it?

LEAVE US BEHIND and enjoy your new life of REAL crime fighting! Enjoy fighting with dirtbags every day, being exposed to bloodborne pathogens in the process, and watch out for the IAs and civil rights suits when you do your job as you have to to survive! Enjoy!

You got a life, now live it!

07-31-2008, 08:38 PM
I read all these forums all the time, and I posted that for the morale for a friend wanting to leave that place, who is really fealing down about the job.

Let me add; a yearly Step Raise pay increase, a take home car, and IA's for legiment reasons (not something that is for the most of the time handled on a cousoling level, and including most of the BS paper you will get there for the BS that could have been handled through counsoling. Poor supervison there all togehter, and one person trying to get one over on the next person for something, especially if they're looking to get promoted).

07-31-2008, 10:12 PM
25 MPH--SPEED BUMP----25 MP----SPEED BUMP----ALARM AT PIZZO-----X8-----TRAFFIC STOP----WRITTEN WARNING-------DINDIN---BUILDING CHECK---NAP TIME--- :lol: :lol: :lol: YOU ARE A JOKE 8)

07-31-2008, 11:44 PM
NO!