PDA

View Full Version : JOE SALERNO vs CITY OF PLANT CITY/PCPD

07-09-2008, 08:29 PM
Joe Salerno 2 City of Plant City/PCPD goose egg!

1) CofPC and PCPD denied Joe Salerno unemployment after they fired him the day after Christmas, having characterized the grounds/reason to the unemployment bureau inaccurately, (not sure if it was done intentionally...hmmm). A conference call and hearing was held and the aforementioned powers that be LOST the first battle and had to allow unemployment to be paid to Salerno and his family.

2) The PERK committee reviewed his grievance and case, fully represented by an experienced PBA attorney, and have granted him a hearing! The independent committee believes he may have grounds for wrongful termination and are hearing his case next Wednesday, which CofPC and PCPD did not want to even happen. Guessing they hoped and expected, like so many other officers before, that Joe Salerno would just go away, guess they misjudged the situation.

Good luck Joe Salerno.

07-10-2008, 12:35 PM
Joe, I hope all works out well with you. As a retired PCPD Ofc, I saw this admin pretty much get away with anything they wanted to. They kept Ofcs that should have been terminated and fired ones they didn't like for minor reasons. Good luck to you.

07-15-2008, 12:18 AM
Here comes the law suits. Joe, Russell and now Duncan, its about time someone shows 121 that he will be held responsable for his actions. Word is Duncan has found that being written up all at once for several violations that took place over a six month or longer period instead of in a timely manner is not his fault. In fact if done correctly he may have not had a second violation. Then to be fired for what was a civil infraction is wrongful termination! I think he has a case. What you say?

07-15-2008, 10:02 PM
Totally disagree he has no case. Although your post gave me a really good belly laugh today!

07-16-2008, 08:02 PM
No he doesn't have a case/ While i believe other measures should have been taken first he did bring this on himself as far as I am concerned. I just hope he doesn't try to bring others down with him. Move on dude and good luck

08-27-2008, 09:21 PM
No he doesn't have a case and believe me when you are around him you might want to wear your vest and maybe an extra back plate so the knife doesn't penetrate it

08-29-2008, 02:02 PM
Joe needs to practice his "Welcome to Wal-Mart" speech. He has no chance...well make that a snowball's chance....of getting his job back. It is painfully evident that he tries to look out for number 1 only.....His $29.95..per month (or whatever PBA dues are) lawyer aint gonna get him outta this one.

08-29-2008, 08:40 PM
Why don't you get off the guys back and mind your own business....he's just trying to provide for his family just like everyone else.....I'm sure he doesn't have the same income he had while he was a leo....you know as well as I, no other agency while touch him if he walks away and lets it go. Why should he walk away, he had eight years there and was almost vested. Ask yourself this.....would you...

08-30-2008, 09:14 PM
Wow! That's exactly right last poster. Okay, so let's go there for a minute. Just got an account of what went on at the hearing this past Wednesday and some folks at PCPD, some who once touted they are, "...tell it like it is guys...", NEED TO BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES. I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU GUYS CAN LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND STILL THINK YOU HAVE ANY CHARACTER OR INTEGRITY.

You know who you are, from the very top to the regular officers. It's been said that character, integrity and TRUTH mean nothing until they put YOU ON THE LINE and COST YOU SOMETHING. YOU HAVE FORFEITED ALL THREE.

An ancient proverb says that "...a GOOD NAME is more precious than silver, gold or precious jewels..." ALL THOSE WHO LIED TO SAVE THEIR JOBS OR GET JOBS/SPECIAL TREATMENT AT PCPD etc., have lost their good names and reputations as people you can count on, WHO WILL TELL THE TRUTH even if it cost them something.

One positive thing that was told to me was that two Sergeants, were the most truthful of everyone that testified. That is both excellent and sad that they stood out because they were THE MOST TRUTHFUL.

We will all stand one day, one by one, and be called to account for the lives that we've lived and the lies that we've told.

08-31-2008, 08:33 PM
Well first person if you werent there you wouldnt know exactly what happened now would you it would just be hearsay. How about the guy that claims he has character and integrity but sure didnt show it because he was only interested in himself and didnt care if he took other people down just to try to make himself look good. and yeah Joe you know who that person is don't you and if you don't look in the mirror bet you will see that backstabber looking right back at you

09-01-2008, 12:14 AM
Look the bottom line is 251 needs to move on. We as a department need to move on. He, like many others would still be here if they did not violate procedure. For some reason people just want to keep dragging this out. He called officers who he had worked with and did not work with. He put his former squad mates on the fence and that was uncalled for. They did not want to hurt 251 but they just told the truth. The truth is what cost him this bogus law suit no officer needed to lie for the department. Here is someone not even at the depo spreading rumors like always. The Chief was there it was recorded so "SHUTUP" and move on.

09-03-2008, 12:21 PM
Look the bottom line is 251 needs to move on. We as a department need to move on. He, like many others would still be here if they did not violate procedure. For some reason people just want to keep dragging this out. He called officers who he had worked with and did not work with. He put his former squad mates on the fence and that was uncalled for. They did not want to hurt 251 but they just told the truth. The truth is what cost him this bogus law suit no officer needed to lie for the department. Here is someone not even at the depo spreading rumors like always. The Chief was there it was recorded so "SHUTUP" and move on.

Maybe Joe does need to "move on", but you can't fault him. He was terminated, it affects him and his family. He is probably very angry and I can understand that. As far as saying he would still be here if he didn't violate procedure, everyone here has violated procedures at one time or the other even if they don't want to admit it. Everyone has blown off a call at some time in their career (some way more than others). Many others have done things whether intentional or not, that they were very glad no one found out about. It is a shame he had to call others to the depo, but how else are you going to find the truth (unfortunately, people will still lie if they think it will make them look bad to the administration). As far as relying on Chief's word even in a DEPO, that is up to your own judgement. Personally, I think Chief will say what is least likely to come back on him. Before you say something rude, It happened to me (not in a DEPO). Again, make your own judgement.

09-13-2008, 01:33 PM
McDaniel's day is coming!!!!!!!!