PDA

View Full Version : Russell Allen

Russell Allen
07-08-2008, 07:34 PM
Just wanted to clear the air on some rumors that have been going around about me and my situation. Contrary to whats been going around I did want to return to my position as the downtown officer and also I did not resign I was fired. Just wanted to clear the air on that and I will update everyone on all the details when the case is over. Be assured its FAR from over we will have our day in court!

07-09-2008, 11:00 AM
Russell just curious to know, if your an independent member with the PBA or what ever else Union that is out there? I heard in briefing coming from a Sgt. that you resigned. What ever the case may be, take it to another level and handle your bussssiness.

Russell Allen
07-09-2008, 12:20 PM
Plant City does not have a union and Im not a member of the PBA. I have a very good lawyer working my case. There are tons of details that ide love to share with everyone that I think will shock you but I cant for now, the truth will come our very soon and I will make sure everyone knows the true heart of the city and department you work for. Thanks for the reply and please spread the word for me.

07-09-2008, 01:47 PM
Without going into the legal aspect of your case why did you get fired???? Was it criminal???? Just curious....always thought that Plant City police dept was a very professional police dept.

Russell Allen
07-09-2008, 03:58 PM
My termination was not criminal related, it was a work comp related matter that is way to detailed to get into. Let me correct myself regarding the department, I was not meaning the department as it relates to officers. I was meaning the administration. Plant City PD has some of the finest officers I know and I think about them daily and only wish them well. My hope is that when this case is over that I can share some advice with them to possibly prevent them from going through all the hell that I went through.

07-10-2008, 12:42 PM
Russell, I have been retired for awhile so I didn't know what your status was. I was previously advised you had medically retired from the accident. I'm glad to hear you recovered enough to come back, at the same time I regret to hear you were terminated.
You have been around long enough to know this has been a reoccurring theme with this administration. Keep the ones they want, discard the others. You should contact some of the other officers who have been either terminated or wronged. There are quite a few of them. A good attorney may even argue class action.

07-15-2008, 12:08 AM
I hear that Harrison is planning on filing suit based on that fact that he recieved terrible training in an unorganized FTO program with no standardized format. I think he has a point!

07-15-2008, 09:56 PM
If that is true, which I doubt, then that is stretching. If you really think that kind of lawsuit has "a point" then you are delusional and probably have no business working in the criminal justice field. And unless you are Harrison and want to identify yourself as so, leave his name off these posts quit spreading rumors to the world.

07-16-2008, 02:19 AM
Harrison was terminated for "best interest of the city". It was justified by PCPD under the guise of "Excessive Force", even though the originator of the IA recanted her story and admitted that the excessive force allegations were a fabricated lie and that she nor her accomplice had ever been brutilized at all.

PCPD cited various SOP violations after the facts were "spun" by IA. Never mind that this guy (Harrison) did his very best in an uncommon, "hairy" situation, especilly given his experience. The PCPD "powers that be" were quick to "Monday morning Quarterback" Harrison's actions and quick to forget that Harrison was the "good guy" who really needed their support. Harrison should have received no more than a reprimand/re-training, or at the most...a couple days on "the porch".

Harrison was REALLY terminated because he was an assertive cop who patrolled hard, dug deep and was not satisfied to write a couple of UTC's, conduct a few BullShit 73s and turn his nose away from street thugs and then feel satisfied that he did his "duty" for the citizens of PC. This guy used the issued tools, power and boundries set by law to their limits. PC and PCPD was afraid of Harrison being "too good" of a cop and possily causing them $$ having to defend themselves in court, or even worst....loss of their political position or power!

Oh, and those henious SOP violations that were categorized as "sustained excessive force", you be the judge:

1. Not cuffing his supects behind their backs (during transport to SFBH) (despite valid back injuries and the subjects being strapped to EMT backboards). DON"T THE SOPS ALLOW FOR THIS?
2. Use of less lethal for accidently grabbing suspects hair and kicking her feet out and guiding her (controlled manner) to the ground. Subject was stoned and kicking the crap out of an innocent store employee she previously sprayed with OC/Mace. NO MALICE INTENDED, NO INJURIES TO SUBJECT!
3. Taser protocol for attempting to bring the drugged out subject into compliance by feigning a drive-stun. Subject was being subdued after battering him by launching a full water bottle striking him in the torso. Subject then had both hands cuffed to the bed rail and feet were cuffed together but was still kicking him in the throat/face several times, spitting blood on him and screaming at the top of her lungs disrupting the entire SFBH ER. NO TAZE TOOK PLACE! FEIGNED DRIVE STUN BROUGHT SUBJECT INTO COMPLIANCE! INCREASING DT TACTICS USED BEFORE FEIGNING DRIVE STUN WITHOUT SUCCESS. AGAIN, SOP's ALLOW THIS, READ THEM!

With BS like this, no wonder our "good cops" are frustrated...or leaving the department. Seriously, take a look at who the upper echelon leaves alone, you'll see what I mean. Those who seem to produce less seem stay off the "scope".

07-16-2008, 07:56 PM
as with most posts on here not all the s14 is included. Harrison was an overzealous cop and a danger to all including other officers with his actions that I have seen first hand. "OLD SCHOOL" as he liked to refer to himself as was an injury/lawsuit or worse waiting to happen.. He was a military officer and probably a good one but he did not handle the real world of law enforcement well. He was accustomed to being obeyed when he gave an order and not being called names and lied to like reality is. I wish him the best in whatever he chooses to do but he is better off not being in law enforcement