PDA

View Full Version : REPEAL AMENDMENT 1

07-06-2008, 11:46 PM
Excerpt: This limitation is repealed effective January 1, 2019, unless renewed by a vote of the electors in the general election held in 2018.

So, does this mean we have to just sit here for 11 years and hope this thing doesn't get voted in again or can we repeal amendment 1?

I am not too up-to-speed on politics, but I wonder if our FOP's and PBA's can get to work on repealing it. What the hell else am I paying them for? I bet you all of the idiots who voted for their 200 dollar a year cut are now wishing they could have their vote back. They were all lied to and misled by Charlie Crist and told that amendment 1 would not affect their first responders or eduators. Too bad there were no crystal balls lying around at the time. We ought to be able to challege it based on the the fact that it was fraudulently represented and touted by him to people too stupid to see the truth!

It amazes me now, as I hand these people their $206 dollar traffic tickets and ask them if they really thought they were going to actually SAVE money voting for amendment 1, how nobody has admitted to voting for it. I am truly wondering how it passed when I can't find a single person who says they did.

We need to do something. Our brothers and sisters are getting laid off, across the state. Some of us don't want to move and start over in Dallas or go through another 32 week academy when we teach them here. It's a darn shame that this closet homo (nobody is fooled by the little 38 year old moustache) is running off and bankrupting good cops.

We are used to fighting for our lives, against people a lot tougher and dirtier than him, so why stand by and just "die?" We are trained to "finish strong" and go home at the end of our shift. So, why do we just roll over and "die" like some scared dog.

Lets use our heads, stick together and repeal this foolish fraud that has been played on our citizens. We are here to protect and serve, and we should protect them from all crime. Even fraudulent "bait and switch" amendments dealt by Mr. Crist and his cronies.