PDA

View Full Version : Duty Assignment

07-02-2008, 11:58 PM
Is there any talk of being able to get duty assignment BEFORE accepting offer and going to the Academy. I know FHP has been doing this recently.

(referring to NON certified applicants)

07-03-2008, 03:29 PM
Check with one of the local recruiters or call the training academy. They should have plenty of time on their hands now. However, they are probably still grading the assessment paperwork.hehe

07-03-2008, 03:40 PM
i was under the impression that , that was one thing that was going to take place. you are actually putting in for a certain position rather then being state wide,but a recruiter should be able to answer the question. just go to myfwc.com the phone numbers should be on there. good luck

07-03-2008, 07:13 PM
Don't be influenced by all the negative rants on this site, it's not that bad.

07-04-2008, 11:30 AM
i was under the impression that , that was one thing that was going to take place. you are actually putting in for a certain position rather then being state wide,but a recruiter should be able to answer the question. just go to myfwc.com the phone numbers should be on there. good luck

you are correct. Current employees get the first crack at an open slot, but if no one takes it, then goes to new hires. New hires can either opt for a position anywhere in the state, or hold out for the county they want.