PDA

View Full Version : Burglary of Patrol Vehicle in Miami area

06-29-2008, 12:29 AM
Who carries that many firearms unsecured in a patrol vehicle? It must have been an LEO in training to be carrying 8 shotguns and an unknown amount of rifles that were stolen from the patrol vehicle. Pretty sad when tinted windows may have helped! But, the colonels policy forbidding tinted windows, well this is what happens- anyone can look right in. Just wait and see how many laptops are going to be stolen!

06-29-2008, 01:47 AM
No other LE has any problem with laptops being stolen so why would you? Beside they are locked to the mount in the car.

06-29-2008, 01:59 AM
sure they are

07-11-2008, 02:30 AM
No other LE has any problem with laptops being stolen so why would you? Beside they are locked to the mount in the car.

I heard that somebody down in Miami had their laptop taken from their patrol vehicle....I believe it may have been an inv. or something because I heard it possibly was from an un-marked.....I tell you what...Miami can have Miami...too much stuff going on down there.

09-08-2008, 08:02 PM
Nope, but it was the day before a range day when new Officers were going to need to be certified (FDLE) on shotguns.

10-01-2008, 03:19 AM
This is nothing uncommon in Miami. A few months ago a trooper had most of his equipment stolen from his vehicle while parked at his residence. Also, an FHP LT. had is home burglarized and his lap top, gun, ID, and other miscellanous items stolen. I have also heard of this happening to many Miami-Dade Police Officers. The bad guys are everywhere.

10-01-2008, 02:08 PM
This is nothing uncommon in Miami. A few months ago a trooper had most of his equipment stolen from his vehicle while parked at his residence. Also, an FHP LT. had is home burglarized and his lap top, gun, ID, and other miscellanous items stolen. I have also heard of this happening to many Miami-Dade Police Officers. The bad guys are everywhere.

The criminals got balls down here in Mia. I sleep with a loade AK next to me. C'mon in bad guys! I am waiting!