View Full Version : Cut costs

06-28-2008, 06:49 PM
cut/paste from another board, but still applies:

Here's a few ways to cut costs:

911: What is your emergency?
Caller: My kid refuses to go to school.
911: *CLICK*

Caller: My crackhead girlfriend stole my car.

Caller: My neighbor cut a tree branch on my property.

Caller: I left my car unlocked and somebody stole my laptop.

Caller: My prescription drugs were stolen...again.

ETC...ETC...ETC...

Lenny Briscoe
06-28-2008, 10:11 PM
The various departments do not have the _alls to do that and truly give the services to the real victims. Instead just keep taking the same calls and going to the same places over and over again.

Want to cut government spending?? Take away all social services and free money from people convicted of drug offenses twice. That goes for housing, food stamps, WIC, Medicaid, all of it.

06-30-2008, 02:49 PM
LENNY FOR PRESIDENT!! However sad it is, those are the majority of the calls the comm center gets. If we could we would squash them but the higher ups, especially ONE SUPERVISOR inpeticular will not allow us. We would all love to say "sorry you're SOL we won't send an ofc because you are a parent and should be doing your own *amn job of parenting and discipline your own kids" or "too bad, you shouldn't of been a dumb *ss and left your laptop in your car unlocked in the p/lot of your crappy apt complex" Or "we don't respond to s*** for brains crack addicts who are upset because someone took your car to go buy you more crack for you and they haven't returned" Until we can start telling the public to use their common sense we will still be taking these calls and still sending ofcs out to them. Unfortunately communications can't give them the "what for" but ofcs can.

Sore Ears
06-30-2008, 04:51 PM
You hit it right on tatget there LB. I might take 80 calls per shift out of that maybe 10 should go to the road. This would really cut cost . Its pretty bad when you get to know the caller by voice.