PDA

View Full Version : truck info

06-27-2008, 12:36 PM
could someone tell me if a 95 international truck would be subject to any type of inspections by the state on a reg basis, if not is there anywhere to see if any type of inspections have taken place with this vehicle.

thanks for the info this is extremely importan

dieselcop
06-27-2008, 05:37 PM
Is it in commerce?

06-28-2008, 10:56 AM
im not sure if it is commerce or not, it was in kathleen florida, owned by a small company,

06-28-2008, 12:09 PM
Your not providing enough information. Commercial vehicles are subject to inspection. Are you trying to say that the driver is being "harassed"? Most people that claim their being harassed just can't get their paperwork and equipment in order. Try to provide is with more information so we can give you the best answer.

06-29-2008, 12:23 PM
He/she did provide enough information. He said it is owned by a small company. This means it is being used in commerce, so yes it would be required to have an annual inspection by both Federal Regulation and State Statute. The company can have their annual inspection done by a private cmv inspector that meets the qualifications by the Federal Reg as to who is qualified as an inspector. They must provide a proof of the vehicle's annual inspection in or on the truck so that when they are stopped for cmv inspection by enforcement it can be verified. Not having proof of annual inspection is a violation of FSS and they can be cited by UTC for not having it. But this is the type of violation that is not normally given a ticket for also.

06-30-2008, 03:03 PM
this is the case, but first i would like to thank you for your responses to my question, very nice thanks,,,,,,, this is the case this truck is what we are trying to determine if it is a service truck or used for other purposes, the truck belonged to , mitchell mechanical services in kathleen florida, the vin is 1rtscaam3sh684119 , the big question is would this vehicle been subject to inspection and if so is there a site to get the results of the inspection,,,,,,, this vehicle was involved in a very bad accident, two children were killed in the accident.

06-30-2008, 05:08 PM
on the vehicle reg it says tag r56-1cc has a tag type of rgs, does this mean anything, and is this a special type of tag, thanks

dieselcop
06-30-2008, 05:55 PM
Tag comes back to a 1999 International, blue in color with a vin of 1HTSCAAM4XH605371. Sounds like it's a regular tag.

07-01-2008, 11:36 AM
thanks for the info on the tag, would this truck have too be inspected if so is there somewhere i can look and see what inspections were done, and the results of inspections

07-01-2008, 01:11 PM
thanks for the info on the tag, would this truck have too be inspected if so is there somewhere i can look and see what inspections were done, and the results of inspections

Was the truck used in commerce during the accident? Is the GVWR on the tag over 10,000 lbs? If the was being used in commerce at the time of the accident then yes he would have been subject to an inspection. You can call your local DOT field office to see if a post crash officer could assist?

07-01-2008, 01:42 PM
thanks i will do that and call the local dot office for any info on this,,,,

07-01-2008, 07:28 PM
I went on PIQ and found no inspections listed.

GREENHORNET
07-25-2008, 11:30 AM
Does a Reg. Ford 350 Duallie and a Enclosed Trailer from 24ft to Larger have to cross the scales when entering Florida its carrying a Race Car and Equipment .Do they have to pay a fee? The trailers will be carrying Police Race Cars from all over the U.S. comming to a Charity Race Event in Gainesville in October.

Also can you send me to a Link that talks about Trucks and Trailers

Deputy Florida

Thankyou :)

07-25-2008, 03:01 PM
Yes you do have to cross the scales. There will be no fees unless your overweight, which probably wont happen. Those trucks are hard to be overweight, but you still have to come in just in case an officer is in there doing inspections. Not coming in could mean a UTC for failure to obey TCD.
Not sure what link your looking for towards trucks and trailers, can you clarify alittle?

07-25-2008, 06:25 PM
what are the chances of being pulled over if you drive by a weigh station in a moving truck?

07-26-2008, 04:21 AM
The odds are probably in your favor. It mostly depends on if there is an officer there or not, but why take the chance of getting a moving violation with 3 points and close to 200 dollar fine? Just pull in, you will probably just have to slow down to the posted 45 mph zone while the vehicle your driving is weighed in motion and youll be kicked back out onto the road. Are you really in that much of a hurry?

08-03-2008, 02:33 AM
what are the chances of being pulled over if you drive by a weigh station in a moving truck?

The odds are probably in your favor. It mostly depends on if there is an officer there or not, but why take the chance of getting a moving violation with 3 points and close to 200 dollar fine? Just pull in, you will probably just have to slow down to the posted 45 mph zone while the vehicle your driving is weighed in motion and youll be kicked back out onto the road. Are you really in that much of a hurry?

Assuming the vehicle is not overweight, I was under the impression that a rental truck being used for a personal move was not legally required to enter a weigh station as long as it is under 26,001lbs GVWR and doesn't require a CDL to operate it. Is this true or have I been lead astray?

08-03-2008, 06:35 PM
All trucks need to enter the weigh station. Companies use rental trucks for commerce as well as the general public. The scale doesn't know who is in commerece or not. So yes, you are required to go through the scale, and if stopped you will be recognized as an exempt driver and released.

08-04-2008, 02:37 AM
The sign a mile before the weigh station says "ALL TRUCKS MUST ENTER WEIGH STATION". All trucks means all trucks. Non commercial motor vehicles are not excempt from overweight/overdimensional laws, period.

08-04-2008, 08:52 PM
All trucks need to enter the weigh station. Companies use rental trucks for commerce as well as the general public. The scale doesn't know who is in commerece or not. So yes, you are required to go through the scale, and if stopped you will be recognized as an exempt driver and released.

The sign a mile before the weigh station says "ALL TRUCKS MUST ENTER WEIGH STATION". All trucks means all trucks. Non commercial motor vehicles are not excempt from overweight/overdimensional laws, period.

Thanks! It's good to see clear and correct information. The last time I rented a truck I was mislead by the company, the guy at the counter actually said that it shouldn't matter. U-Haul gives a very vague answer to my original question and leads people to believe it's ok to drive by without entering. At least that was my interpretation.

This is on U-Haul's website, in the FAQs they have:
"On my move, do I need to stop at the weigh stations along the way?
Requirements may vary from state to state and throughout Canada. Each weigh station has a sign that says what you are required to do; just obey the signs. Normally U-Haul customers moving their own household goods are not required to stop, because this is not a commercial move. However, if a truck is over a certain weight it may be required to stop regardless of what is being carried."

I love how they say "just obey the signs" but follow that up with "normally (you) aren't required to stop."
Once again, I appreciate your clear answer and in the future, I will make sure to enter any weigh stations.

Just to clarify one more thing, I'm assuming a "truck" is defined as any vehicle with 6 or more tires (except a dual rear wheel pickup that isn't hauling a trailer)?

08-07-2008, 12:15 PM
Sorry to be short on the last post. But I have written non-CMV's for violating weights and dimension laws. Florida law does not exempt non CMV's from weights and dimensions. Please keep in mind that our weigh stations have two functions going on when you pull in there. First there is CMV inspections going on alot of the time. So non-cmv's wont have to worry about this because they are not regulated. But the second job of weight/dimension enforcement is not limited to cmv's. City, County and State vehicles are not exempt, and have been issued citations for violations of weights/dimensions as well private non-cmv's. So all trucks should

Also the F.S.S. Definition of a truck:
316.003 (59) TRUCK.--Any motor vehicle designed, used, or maintained primarily for the transportation of property.

08-09-2008, 04:18 AM
I definitely appreciate the information. Thanks!