PDA

View Full Version : Lateral Officers

06-27-2008, 03:50 AM
I was wondering if Davie PD is seeking certified Police Officers. Im a State Trooper with 2 years experience and would like to apply.

Any information would be appreciated...

06-27-2008, 03:12 PM
I was wondering if Davie PD is seeking certified Police Officers. Im a State Trooper with 2 years experience and would like to apply.

Yes, however, I would suggest you learn how to use google (or any of the other internet search engines)...

http://www.davie-fl.gov/Gen/DavieFL_Hum ... FIEDPOLICE (http://www.davie-fl.gov/Gen/DavieFL_HumanResrs/postings/CERTIFIEDPOLICE)

08-25-2008, 12:50 AM
Are you guys a Civil Service or at will? Are you guys really responsible for the crime in your assigned zone?

Any information will be helpful..

Thanks,

Miami LEO

08-26-2008, 02:12 AM

Hey Trooper,
Yes they are and so is a bunch of others (Sunrise, Miramar, Hollywood, P Pines, BSO, Coral Springs, even Coconut Creek and Margate).
I'm also FHP (7 years) and I'm well into the hiring process. I'm making 42K after 7 years, and you will not believe what these guys and girls make after a few years on. It's pittyful to even mention our salary to others. They laugh when I tell them.
Good luck and I hope you jump ship before the Titanic sinks.

By the way, if you haven't heard, we are not getting 4/10's or 12's. We are stuck with 8hr shifts and rotating every 28 days. Another reason the leave (as if we did not have enough already). :D

08-27-2008, 01:28 AM
Are you guys a Civil Service or at will? Are you guys really responsible for the crime in your assigned zone?

Any information will be helpful..

Thanks,

Miami LEO

The State of Florida is an "at-will" state. However, we have a Union and after a one year probationary period, basically the department can only terminate you for just cause...

I'm not sure what you mean by "responsible for the crime" in your zone... A Road Patrol Officer is assigned a zone and he or she is responsible for handling the calls in his or her zone, yes. If he or she is not busy on another call, he or she will be dispatched to the pending calls in his or her zone. However, if he or she is busy on another call, another zone unit from the same district (east, central, or west) will be dispatched to the pending call....

If you mean, let's say that I'm 21 zone and overnight a bunch of burglaries occurred in my zone, the Chief isn't going to bring and fire me because of it..........

08-27-2008, 12:52 PM
What do you mean that the department can fire you for "just cause"?

Also, what union do you guys use? PBA, FOP, IUPA?

What is the overall morale of your department? I am sorry I am asking all these questions but I like to hear it from the road guys as oppose to a recruiter.

08-27-2008, 02:09 PM
Just what we need...a guy who wants to know the details surrounding what wont get him fired. Just stay a trooper and continue to refuse crashes in your jurisdiction.

08-27-2008, 05:57 PM
What do you mean that the department can fire you for "just cause"?

Also, what union do you guys use? PBA, FOP, IUPA?

What is the overall morale of your department? I am sorry I am asking all these questions but I like to hear it from the road guys as oppose to a recruiter.

I'm not sure what is difficult to understand about the department being able to fire you for just cause..... If you do something illegal, immoral, etc. and it has a direct bearing on your work or employability, you can be fired for it. Like, for example, if you go rob a bank in uniform (or even out of uniform) then you can be fired. But, if you're off probation, the Chief can't just come into briefing and say, "I don't like the way your hair looks today, you're fired."

FOP.

The morale here is pretty comparable to any other normal department. We go through our ups and downs and we've got our share of problems, but the benefits here far outweigh the problems. Some people will tell you that the morale sucks. Some people will tell you that the morale is awesome. It's all what you make it. The call volume here is far less than, let's say the City of Miami, but we handle our share of crap as well... If you want to be proactive, you can. If you want to sit under a tree and stay there until you get a call, you can (usually) do that, too. It's a pretty good place to work.

08-29-2008, 01:20 AM
THANKS FOR YOUR VALUEABLE INFORMATION.

I JUST HAD ONE LAST QUESTION...

HOW IS THE OVERTIME/OFF-DUTY POTENTIAL AT DAVIE PD? JUST WONDERING HOW THE OFF DUTIES WERE OVER THERE.

THANKS AND GOD BLESS