PDA

View Full Version : Are we all on the same page?

06-26-2008, 03:21 AM
I was driving a rental car on 441 near NW 183rd St. I was stopped by a tall female deputy for a headlight out on the rental. Upon contact I handed her my DL, the rental contract and my police ID. She took my police ID and said "Why are you showing me this" and she walked back to her car. I think its obvious for many reasons why we should identify ourselves to other law enforcement. I did not recieve a citation which was nice but to me it should have never been an issue. I could of done without the attitude and being run on teletype. Is there a problem or is this an isolated incident?

06-26-2008, 07:04 AM
I work in the traffic unit for Monroe County SO. I cannot tell you how many cops I have stopped before, especially recently. I have never written any of them one ticket or warning. I almost wrote a city of Miami Sgt one night though He was by far the biggest prick I have ever stopped in my 8-year career. He stuck his head out of his truck (purple Toyota tundra) and said "why the ^$@^ did u stop me," as I walked up to his vehicle, before I even opened my mouth. As soon as I see a police ID, as far as I am concerned, you are good to go. I stopped a Miami PD LT in a silver porche last weekend on the 18-mile stretch at 109/45. He didn't even show me his PO ID. He handed me his license, registration and insurance as I requested. When I ran his tag thru DHSMV, his address came up blocked. I returned to his car and asked him where he worked. He said, "the city." I asked him what city and doing what. He said he was a PO LT from Miami. I asked him for his ID and one I saw it, I let him go. I advised him to say something (about him being a PO) next time he was stopped because he almost had an appointment to see the judge for 30+ over. Down here, most of the time with that high of a speed, the judge hammers you. I feel we all do the same job no matter what the color of our uniforms. I don't lecture cops when I stop them, that’s not my job. Show me your PO ID and be safe when u pull back into the traffic. After all, if we don’t take care of each other, who do we have to turn to when we need help??? The citizens? Yea right.

06-27-2008, 07:46 AM
I work in the traffic unit for Monroe County SO. I cannot tell you how many cops I have stopped before, especially recently. I have never written any of them one ticket or warning. I almost wrote a city of Miami Sgt one night though He was by far the biggest prick I have ever stopped in my 8-year career. He stuck his head out of his truck (purple Toyota tundra) and said "why the ^$@^ did u stop me," as I walked up to his vehicle, before I even opened my mouth. As soon as I see a police ID, as far as I am concerned, you are good to go. I stopped a Miami PD LT in a silver porche last weekend on the 18-mile stretch at 109/45. He didn't even show me his PO ID. He handed me his license, registration and insurance as I requested. When I ran his tag thru DHSMV, his address came up blocked. I returned to his car and asked him where he worked. He said, "the city." I asked him what city and doing what. He said he was a PO LT from Miami. I asked him for his ID and one I saw it, I let him go. I advised him to say something (about him being a PO) next time he was stopped because he almost had an appointment to see the judge for 30+ over. Down here, most of the time with that high of a speed, the judge hammers you. I feel we all do the same job no matter what the color of our uniforms. I don't lecture cops when I stop them, that’s not my job. Show me your PO ID and be safe when u pull back into the traffic. After all, if we don’t take care of each other, who do we have to turn to when we need help??? The citizens? Yea right.

Totally agree man. That's good s-it

06-27-2008, 12:44 PM

109 huh...what a friggin idiot. That is how you kill innocent people!

06-27-2008, 12:45 PM
I was driving a rental car on 441 near NW 183rd St. I was stopped by a tall female deputy for a headlight out on the rental. Upon contact I handed her my DL, the rental contract and my police ID. She took my police ID and said "Why are you showing me this" and she walked back to her car. I think its obvious for many reasons why we should identify ourselves to other law enforcement. I did not recieve a citation which was nice but to me it should have never been an issue. I could of done without the attitude and being run on teletype. Is there a problem or is this an isolated incident?

every department has a few of them. This "deputy" needs to take vaca time when she gets on the rag!

06-27-2008, 01:24 PM
I totally agree. As soon as I see a P O I.D. I hand it back and have a nice day. End of story...............

06-27-2008, 09:47 PM

every department has a few of them. This "deputy" needs to take vaca time when she gets on the rag!

lol.........i agree