PDA

View Full Version : Policy Wearing Vest

06-24-2008, 04:18 AM
It is a shame how many LEO's still do not wear their issued vest. Management should require a waiver form requiring LEO's that are to fat and lazy to wear a vest to sign the form relinquishing any liability.....etc.....so the agency quits wasting money on folks who WILL not wear them! Obviously. if undercover or in investigations would be exempt, strictly for the patrol officer OR whomever wears a uniform even if in an office capacity. Pretty scary that wearing the vest is not mandatory while on the gun range! Training, Training!! Lets get w/ it!

06-25-2008, 01:15 AM
thank you so much for the concern you have for my safety,now mind your own buisness

bohican
06-26-2008, 12:23 AM
This has been addressed. There was only one person on the vest committee who was for mandatory weariong and they were overrun. It was so rediculous that one committee member stated that they wear their vest but if it were mandatory they would have a problem with that. That was also the meeting where one of the Lt's was accused of stating that the current vest would not stop our current round. The statement was never made and is not true! The Lt has been blamed for the downgrade in our current duty ammo..............

06-28-2008, 02:18 AM
If an officer chooses not to wear a bullet proof vest, so be it, ain't my business.

However, from a liability stand point it only makes good sense to implement a policy requiring the wearing of a bullet proof vest while on-duty and in uniform. Included in the policy should be a waiver to sign for those officers who choose not to wear a vest, stating said officer assumes ALL risks and liabilty as a result of their decision. Most SOs & PDs are this way.

06-28-2008, 03:37 AM
frankly,i dont give a sh-- what other s.o. or p.d. do. what is your major malfunction about other people not wearing a vest. who do you work for? it sounds like you work for D.M.S.(YOU SHOULD HAVE TO SIGHN A WAIVER) kiss my a--. I have been on for fourteen years and worked all over this state,from miami to pensicola. Call me crazy but i am more worried not being able to walk when i retire,from the constant pounding in the boats, then i am of being killed by gun, I do realize that the threat is very real, but come on. we stand a greater chance of getting it by a knife or a high powered rifle. plus i really dont want one on if i fall overboard,i know that they will help you float,for a little bit,but then they turn into a anchore. I know what your thinking,just another old game warden that is probibly fat and out of shape and cant handle the heat while wearing one. well you would be wrong. I am a old marine patrol and on the s.o.g. team, i can handle it, nothing against the old g.f.c. guys, its just that the old f.m.p. was pretty anal about wearing them, i am tyring to make a point. you sound so much like a wanna be its pathetic. you probibly sit around day dreaming about the honor gaurd at your funeral because you died in the line of duty in a hail of gun fire.if you want to wear it then wear it and shut up about what the policy should say. that is just what we need, another policy.i kinda a wonder if you are an officer,or if you are wearing gold and just put this thread out as a fishing excersize to see how many people agree with your theory. we need a policy,please. hell i am scared to take a leak anymore without looking at the g.o. manuel to make sure i am within the policy. it is the mind set of people like you that has taken alot of the freedom and fun out this job. you and alot of people wont agree with the last comment, but just ask anyone who has been on more then ten years and i will bet they will agree

21Regal
06-28-2008, 03:59 PM
I agree but its the close to 25 pound gun belt that is the anchor. Been there, done that, with and without a PFD on. To each his own, I wear mine but I don't make any comotion about folks who don't.

06-29-2008, 12:22 AM
frankly,i dont give a sh-- what other s.o. or p.d. do. what is your major malfunction about other people not wearing a vest. who do you work for? it sounds like you work for D.M.S.(YOU SHOULD HAVE TO SIGHN A WAIVER) kiss my a--. I have been on for fourteen years and worked all over this state,from miami to pensicola. Call me crazy but i am more worried not being able to walk when i retire,from the constant pounding in the boats, then i am of being killed by gun, I do realize that the threat is very real, but come on. we stand a greater chance of getting it by a knife or a high powered rifle. plus i really dont want one on if i fall overboard,i know that they will help you float,for a little bit,but then they turn into a anchore. I know what your thinking,just another old game warden that is probibly fat and out of shape and cant handle the heat while wearing one. well you would be wrong. I am a old marine patrol and on the s.o.g. team, i can handle it, nothing against the old g.f.c. guys, its just that the old f.m.p. was pretty arse about wearing them, i am tyring to make a point. you sound so much like a wanna be its pathetic. you probibly sit around day dreaming about the honor gaurd at your funeral because you died in the line of duty in a hail of gun fire.if you want to wear it then wear it and shut up about what the policy should say. that is just what we need, another policy.i kinda a wonder if you are an officer,or if you are wearing gold and just put this thread out as a fishing excersize to see how many people agree with your theory. we need a policy,please. hell i am scared to take a leak anymore without looking at the g.o. manuel to make sure i am within the policy. it is the mind set of people like you that has taken alot of the freedom and fun out this job. you and alot of people wont agree with the last comment, but just ask anyone who has been on more then ten years and i will bet they will agree

Then you are gonna love accreditation, SOGer- (Special Overtime Group!)!

06-29-2008, 01:52 AM
can anyone explain why we need to be acredited?its not like a seal of approval from a bunch of old retiered farts are going to make us a beeter agency

06-29-2008, 02:03 AM
so you can be hung out to dry if you go against policy! Now there will be oversight.

06-29-2008, 02:07 AM
that is what i thought,lets make a policy for everything so when we want to hang you, we will have several options on wich to proceed

06-29-2008, 02:11 AM
"Most SOs & PDs are this way."

Accredited that is...

06-29-2008, 02:15 AM
can anyone explain why we need to be acredited?its not like a seal of approval from a bunch of old retiered farts are going to make us a beeter agency

Pretty simple, it will be just one more thing the Col. can say she did for the agency while she is applying with the feds....

06-29-2008, 02:19 AM
She is on the board for the Commission of Florida Law Enforcement Accreditation (appointed by the State Police Chiefs Association)

06-29-2008, 02:25 AM
o.k. she is on the board for law enforcement accreditation, i think i read on this forum that she was also the president of the mid west game wardens association?????????. she does seem to have alot of time for everything else but her people,she needs to keep her butt in florida and figure out what is going on in her agency

06-29-2008, 02:27 AM
She knows what will be on your head!

06-29-2008, 02:15 PM
Acheiving Accreditation, is akin to getting a college degree. It costs money, it looks good on paper and it SHOULD raise the agency to the next professional level.

Is it needed?? Opinions vary, but the it is management's decision to make....

06-30-2008, 11:35 PM
that is what i thought,lets make a policy for everything so when we want to hang you, we will have several options on wich to proceed

Like we don't already. :twisted: