PDA

View Full Version : SMARTCOP

dieselcop
06-19-2008, 01:18 PM
Any of you guys like the new SMARTCOP program? I think it sucks. I wonder how much monet they spent on the software. Still has too many bugs and it's difficult to navigate.

06-19-2008, 08:35 PM
Any of you guys like the new SMARTCOP program? I think it sucks. I wonder how much monet they spent on the software. Still has too many bugs and it's difficult to navigate.

It sucks as it is now. I think once everything is in place like it should have been in the start, where everything is populated through ASPEN, Case Reports, etc... it will be awesome. You know the department everything is rushed and done half assed.

06-19-2008, 09:52 PM
I was working with one of your guy's the other day and he was so frustrated with it. It wouldn't let him print the ticket without providing GPS coordinates. There was like 4 pages of information just to print the ticket. They need to follow the golden rule "KISS" or keep it simple stupid.

dieselcop
06-20-2008, 12:52 PM
What is the purpose of the GPS coordinates? Do they really need to know exactly where you wrote the freakin' UTC/UCC? What about adding tire sizes on ALL weight cases? For what?

06-20-2008, 09:54 PM
What is the purpose of the GPS coordinates? Do they really need to know exactly where you wrote the freakin' UTC/UCC? What about adding tire sizes on ALL weight cases? For what?

I could care less about the GPS coordinates. I more worried about them using the AVL (auto vehicle locate) on us. SPIES...... No more underwear 10-8's. I work with some Troopers that know how to bypass it..

06-20-2008, 09:55 PM

I could care less about the GPS coordinates. I more worried about them using the AVL (auto vehicle locate) on us. SPIES...... No more underwear 10-8's. I work with some Troopers that know how to bypass it..

mxwx51
06-26-2008, 12:31 AM
The new version was a little rushed, and definately has some bugs, but all in all it's good. My main complaint that you can no longer run 10-28s by apportioned tags. I'm having to run most apportioned plates by VIN number. Overall though I think the program is pretty nice. As long as you use the tab key, it automatically takes you to the field you need to go next. I have to admit though, entering the tire sizes for EVERY weight case is pretty dumb. Oh yeah, the GPS coordinates will be for when the auto cad is up in running... in like 3 years. That's about how long it finally took them to get a computerized UTC. Later guys.

06-26-2008, 08:42 PM
I was told if you put all 0's in the GPS box it will bypass it for now. I have a very difficult time running georgia apportioned plates and trailer tags. They never come back. I always have to run them by VIN which sucks.

06-27-2008, 02:13 AM
Try running ga tags as a pc, not a tl or ap. Most of the time they come back that way for me.

dieselcop
06-27-2008, 05:42 PM
I always had a problem with GA. I had to run VIN's to get anything.

06-28-2008, 09:14 PM
You can't disable the AVL in the smartcop program. The only way is to disable the communication port that the smartcop program uses.

CONTROL PANEL / SYSTEM / HARDWARE / DEVICE MANAGER / PORTS

DISABLE COMMUNICATION PORT COM3. waaaaaaa laaaaaaaa

10-98

06-29-2008, 12:16 PM
Guys, You can run GA tags and get a response back about 80 percent of the time if you run then all as PC's. Also you can run AP tags. When you go to the drop down box for vehicle type, just type in AP. This new systems lets you put it in even though AP is not listed in the drop down box like the old system. Trust me it works.

06-29-2008, 12:23 PM
Never thought you can add AP on the drop down. Thanks. :D

06-30-2008, 01:39 AM
You cant add it in to the drop down list, but if you type it in, it will let you. I guess you are not restricted to just the drop down list anymore like on the old system.

dieselcop
07-16-2008, 10:33 AM
Here's another one. FHP has SMARTCOP and when they stroke a UTC, they print two copies, have the perp sign one, trooper takes the signed copy and hands a copy to the perp. Why do we have to print three copies and have the perp sign ALL THREE? :twisted: