PDA

View Full Version : narcotics cases

06-18-2008, 10:45 PM
Why's the Miami office allow to actively and primarily work narcotics? I just heard they served a warrant at a location last week. Not only that, I heard they have forfeited property they're currently using for undercover stuff. It seems to me there's a double standard as to which office does what. Also, a couple of the agents in that office don't know what a razor is. They look more like thugs than agents. Again, I thought we had a dress code and grooming standards. I'm not picking on the Miami office but the mission should be the same for all offices.

06-18-2008, 11:36 PM
Why's the Miami office allow to actively and primarily work narcotics? I just heard they served a warrant at a location last week. Not only that, I heard they have forfeited property they're currently using for undercover stuff. It seems to me there's a double standard as to which office does what. Also, a couple of the agents in that office don't know what a razor is. They look more like thugs than agents. Again, I thought we had a dress code and grooming standards. I'm not picking on the Miami office but the mission should be the same for all offices.

You might be surprised what you can do if you leave the office and oh yeah, work after the sun goes down.. Try it, you might like it.....

06-18-2008, 11:46 PM
We only need to the leave the office once per month...the day we go to work. Try it you will like it.

06-19-2008, 02:43 AM

I'll take your word for it that you're not picking on the Miami Office, but, I do have to rebut some of your statements. Yes, we do work narcotics cases, and we do serve warrants for such. However, it is not what we primarily do, and we don't actively search for them. We have 16,000 licensed locations in Dade County, and this place is a mecca of drugs. We receive complaints from the public, either directly at our office, or via the 1-800 complaint line, or even from other PD's. We don't have to look for them, because they fall in our laps.

Yeah, we've seized stuff...so what? Why shouldn't we? If they commit the felonies, and use vehicles (or monies) for the purpose of assisting in the commission of those felonies, we should seize them. All seizures are done via all the proper channels, and 100% legitimately.

As far as shaving and dress code are concerned, nobody looks like a thug...at least not for this area. The complaints we work, and the areas we work in, coupled with the required flexibility we must have, dictates that we can't be clean-shaven all the time.

Our mission down here is no different than anywhere else. What sets us apart are the demographics of the area. We have a job to do, and we cannot just turn our backs on complaints as they come in. Gambling, prostitution and narcotics are all over the place, and there is no way to avoid them. We work unlicensed activity, underage possession, underage sales, vendor-to-vendor, non-tax-paid cases, and all the other mission related complaints.

Stay Safe

06-20-2008, 01:22 AM
You guys in the southern region have my respect. With all the stuff going on down there, I certainly am glad I live in the norhtern part of the state. However, as the state changes and the crime and growth comes further north, attitudes will have to change with it. You have more licenses than other regions, more problems, more traffic, more everything. My hats off to you for doing the best you can with the limited support you get from people with small minds..people who only want to work minors and are too afraid to work a narcotics case and no desire to work anything that may take some brain power. The cad money you guys get is not enough, it would take more than $5,000 to get me down there full time.

So, please know this, you guys do a good job down there.

06-20-2008, 03:53 AM
You guys in the southern region have my respect. With all the stuff going on down there, I certainly am glad I live in the norhtern part of the state. However, as the state changes and the crime and growth comes further north, attitudes will have to change with it. You have more licenses than other regions, more problems, more traffic, more everything. My hats off to you for doing the best you can with the limited support you get from people with small minds..people who only want to work minors and are too afraid to work a narcotics case and no desire to work anything that may take some brain power. The cad money you guys get is not enough, it would take more than $5,000 to get me down there full time.

So, please know this, you guys do a good job down there.

Thank you.

06-20-2008, 02:01 PM

Yo, Nothern Agent...........you need to get out of the office more often. No doubt you never met Rick Hulbert and he wasn't north, he was central.

06-20-2008, 04:04 PM
You all need to get a new job. You haven't a clue what a narcotics case is. The closest you come to narcotics is when you pick up a prescription from the pharmacy.

06-20-2008, 05:32 PM
You all need to get a new job. You haven't a clue what a narcotics case is. The closest you come to narcotics is when you pick up a prescription from the pharmacy.

OK, expert. Since you're such hot-$#!+ just go ahead and keep to yourself. Nobody likes an IKE (I Know Everything).

06-20-2008, 11:52 PM
Hey North Fl, maybe your in the wrong office put in a transfer and experience the good life where work is exciting. Each office is different just like in patrol, if you have ever been there. Each office has it’s own personality of law enforcement (Tallahassee - Politics & more politics no strippers), (Miami- Dope, guns, money and lots of strippers), (Tampa-Ybor city, lots of strippers & dope), (Jacksonville - FL/GA game, dope & lots of strippers) and (Panama City - SB, dope & lots of strippers). Also if looking the part of a thug gets the job done go for it. This is nothing new to the agency and the dress code is for office stiffs, so get on the grind or be left behind. PS did you notice all of the listed areas are considered major cities of attraction and they have STRIPPERS.

"Freaks come out at night"

06-21-2008, 12:35 AM

Screw you a$$hole

06-21-2008, 02:25 AM

Screw you a$$hole

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, I see the truth hurts!

06-23-2008, 02:11 AM
Looks like someone hit a nerve!

06-24-2008, 04:47 AM
Hey North Fl, maybe your in the wrong office put in a transfer and experience the good life where work is exciting. Each office is different just like in patrol, if you have ever been there. Each office has it’s own personality of law enforcement (Tallahassee - Politics & more politics no strippers), (Miami- Dope, guns, money and lots of strippers), (Tampa-Ybor city, lots of strippers & dope), (Jacksonville - FL/GA game, dope & lots of strippers) and (Panama City - SB, dope & lots of strippers). Also if looking the part of a thug gets the job done go for it. This is nothing new to the agency and the dress code is for office stiffs, so get on the grind or be left behind. PS did you notice all of the listed areas are considered major cities of attraction and they have STRIPPERS.

"Freaks come out at night"

Hey, you left out Orlando. We are out there kickin' Mickey's ass every day.