PDA

View Full Version : More proof our leadership is off their rockers

06-18-2008, 01:02 AM
Ok now in the middle of summer......in Florida.......while wearing a bulletproof vest, we are no longer allowed to run the engine on the vehicle for more than 60 seconds. I have to say we have the biggest bunch of stupid asses in charge than I can ever remember.

Tempatures rise to like 85 degrees in less than 3 minutes but we care about gas not people.

I'll be the first to say let's save some money and fire the admin across the board. that'll save some bucks. The new guys will be paid less and may not be frickin nuts.

06-18-2008, 02:11 AM
Please put in a memo to the Hillsborough light trucks and make sure that traffic lights all change within 60 seconds so we don't violate the rules.

06-18-2008, 02:25 AM
Lunatics!!!

06-18-2008, 09:12 AM
jackasses!!!

06-18-2008, 01:48 PM
the move is not real smart, but we have to conserve gas find a way to cut costs and stupid rules will not be needed.

06-18-2008, 02:20 PM
Okay guys...I dont work for your agency, but I border it and I have worked with some of you before...I am just being nosy...You guys have some policy that doesnt allow you to idle your cars for longer than 1 minute?...What about report writing? They telling you to go sit in a restaurant while you write or something like that?

06-18-2008, 07:02 PM
Well the rule is misinterpreted. The idea is to cut gas consumption. If we do not police ourselves, There will be cuts, just conserve fuel and do your part.

06-18-2008, 10:05 PM
Well intepret it for us then...please

06-18-2008, 10:56 PM
There was a new email. The first one wasn't too explanatory and it seems blunt. In the end there is a desparate need for cost cutting. If we do not do our part we are in for worse things. I know these ideas may not be the answer but guys do SOMETHING to help our cause. Watch your gas if we are able to help out now, more severe things will not happen. I ask we at least try to do something. If we show we are trying to help we at least send the message we are together on this thing and will do what we can.
In the end it is not asking a lot to help out, we always have and this one is needed for the lower ranked new guys. I like them so I don't want to see them sent home for 6 months or a year or permanently. If you like the newbies and value their presence, do your part PLEASE.

06-19-2008, 08:09 PM
I agree it is not the best thing but it could be a lot worse. If we work on it we can probably minimize the effects. Just pipe down a bit on the whining and get on with doing something to help.

06-19-2008, 11:25 PM
The majority of people are ok with doing their part. The small minority (and I am talking 1-2 maybe 3 at most) are the most vocal. Their complaining seems like it is coming from a larger group of officers but it is not. The posts here could be traced to those 3 miscreants.

I have spoken and discussed this with over a dozen people of all ranks and after the initial WTF response all came to the same conclusion, We have to help out to preserve what we have.

06-21-2008, 11:22 AM
Dont worry about the gas guys, soon the city will be contracting with the sheriff's office for services. That's one way to save money.

06-21-2008, 11:50 AM
And don't you worry about the gas either son your wife's a whore and will bring in some cash. Although $10 a pop is cheap, it's a living

06-21-2008, 09:58 PM
And don't you worry about the gas either son your wife's a whore and will bring in some cash. Although $10 a pop is cheap, it's a living

The real Officer Guest gives himself away once again through poor punctuation.

06-22-2008, 05:41 PM
What does that mean?

06-24-2008, 11:20 PM
We will soon be paying to take our vehilce's home and CRT is on a week long training expo at COCO beach. Give me a break. These teams (CRT, THI, ERT) need to be placed on hold until this fuel crisis is solved.

06-24-2008, 11:20 PM
We will soon be paying to take our vehilce's home and CRT is on a week long training expo at COCO beach. Give me a break. These teams (CRT, THI, ERT) need to be placed on hold until this fuel crisis is solved.