PDA

View Full Version : PCSO Deputy arrested for DUI

06-15-2008, 04:34 PM
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/jun/15 ... ui-charge/ (http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/jun/15/polk-deputy-asleep-wheel-faces-dui-charge/)

Polk Deputy, Asleep At Wheel, Faces DUI Charge

ADVERTISEMENT

TBO.com

Published: June 15, 2008

A Polk County sheriff's deputy was arrested on a charge of driving under the influence after he was found passed out behind the wheel of his personal vehicle early this morning, the sheriff's office said.

Deputy Sheriff Jesus Contreras, Jr., 22, was found unresponsive behind the wheel of his 2006 Nissan Pathfinder, with its engine and headlights on, just after 6 a.m., according to a news release from the sheriff's office.

Another deputy who was on her way to work made the discovery. Contreras' truck was in the westbound lane of Old Polk City Road, but facing east.

Contreras told to deputies he had been drinking with friends at the Paddock Club Apartments during the evening, the sheriff's office said. He failed a sobriety test at the scene, and was placed under arrest, the sheriff's office said.

Contreras was hired in September 2006 and was recently had been working in the Northeast District. He has been suspended without pay pending the outcome of an internal investigation.

Stay with TBO.com for updates.

Reader Comments

Posted by ( mr_metal ) on June 15, 2008 at 11:36 a.m. ( Suggest removal )

He will get away with it, Silly clown should have shut off the engine and the lights and laid down...

Report Inappropriate Comments

Posted by ( retired2010 ) on June 15, 2008 at 11:45 a.m. ( Suggest removal )

Deputy should have know better and got a taxi. Polk Co Sheriff will have opening soon on patrol

Posted by ( meathead ) on June 15, 2008 at 11:56 a.m. ( Suggest removal )

what a hippocrite

Posted by ( catskill ) on June 15, 2008 at 11:59 a.m. ( Suggest removal )

That sucks for him. Only 22 and a full deputy... and he **** it all up already.

Posted by ( alafia1 ) on June 15, 2008 at 12:04 p.m. ( Suggest removal )

wow what a squealer

Posted by ( supreme56 ) on June 15, 2008 at 12:12 p.m. ( Suggest removal )

LOL!!!

Posted by ( markyn11 ) on June 15, 2008 at 12:15 p.m. ( Suggest removal )

How sweet it is. I wonder how many DUI arrests he's made?

Posted by ( lolafalala ) on June 15, 2008 at 12:19 p.m. ( Suggest removal )

1. tequila 2. tequila 3. tequila
FLOOR!

AYE CARAMBA....

06-15-2008, 08:54 PM
Bad mistake, hope he fairs well..

06-15-2008, 09:09 PM
Yep.... bad mistake... but it the one who found him is sure one to talk.

06-15-2008, 09:43 PM
And here I thought it woulda been his girlfriend who would have gotten popped first for DUI

Hopefully this'll be a wake up call to all the deputies that drink and then drive thinking that you have a shiny star to get you out... think again.

Mistakes happen in all occupations but we should know better then anyone.

06-15-2008, 09:54 PM
the one that found him should have been popped MULTIPLE times along time ago... surprising that she never got caught herself.

06-16-2008, 01:53 AM
No one is perfect, I am sure many of us have done it. Luckily many haven't been caught. Yes, this sure needs to be a wake up call to everyone....Thank god no one was killed, including him. Will we have an opening in patrol? Yeah, I would think so.. It's too bad, don't know the kid but sometimes you just have to use your head.

06-16-2008, 01:53 AM
You know I have to say its times like this, and people like you , that make me ashamed to be a deputy. Its not what the d/s who got arrested did (everyone makes mistakes and he is paying dearly for his) its people who write into blogs like this badmouthing the d/s that stumbled up onto him and the arresting d/s (who as im SURE you can read in the cad screens were NOT the same d/s). Im sure that this is not exactly what either d/s involved nor supervision wanted to have happen today. I work on night shift and I have so far been lucky to not have stumbled upon a drunk d/s but it is my worst fear. No one wants to be put in that position.

The ledger and all other reporting news webpages clearly say the d/s was passed out in the lane of travel facing oncoming traffic. (not napping on the side of the road sleeping it off!)

Would you as a leo or even as a citizen drive by this and say oh well ? I for one would not, I or would have any respect or use for any leo that would. I hope that NO deputy in this agency would do this... however as i read this forum and countless blog replies to the news articles, I start to believe that some would just pat the passed out cop on the back, tell him to go home, and let him out to run head on into someone another day.

The maturity level in these posts is astounding. Im expecting I KNOW YOU ARE BUT WHAT AM I ... and STICK AND STONES to be the next things typed by some of you people.

You know, if you are a d/s you can VERY easily obtain a copy of the arrest report through records then HMMM MAYBE HAVE YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU MAKE YOURSELF LOOK LIKE A MORON ON THIS FORUM .... BUT WHOOPS.. TOO LATE FOR THAT FOLKS.

06-16-2008, 02:11 AM
^
I very much agree with this. We need to let this be an eye opener. You would think with all of our own we are putting in jail that people would realize that we need to be what we are looked at upon by society. Better people in and out of work.

This could have been worse. Thank god it wasn't. I wish him the best of luck. He was a good deputy that made a really bad decision. Let's hope this is an eye opener for the newbies coming in and the old timers that think "it won't happen to me."

06-16-2008, 07:10 AM
I would be curious to see the report. We all know that the ledger has been known to get things wrong in the past. If he was in the travel lanes, there's not much else to do. Oh for the old days when you could just take a drunk (civilian or cop) home and call it a night so long as there was no accident or other situation in which another party was injured or property was damaged. I wish him luck. I only met him once and he seemed like a good guy, just a little young which we all were at one time. Some of us have just survived that stage.

06-16-2008, 08:53 AM
Once again the new breed of LEO displays that they have no sense of "Brotherhood" in this profession. You can take this any way you want and badmouth it as much as you want, but in the end it is ever so TRUE.

All professions, If you are in fact "Professional", give professional courtesy to their own unless there are extenuating circumstances. Being a LEO in this day & age is extremely stressful and mistakes do happen folks. Unfortunately, the mistakes of LEO's become front page news and usually end with the LEO losing his or her job, where most other professions simply get some form of written discipline.

I assure you that I would never cover for a dirty LEO, just as I would assure you that I would give a fellow LEO a ride home, just as I have some civilians in the past. It's called discretion folks, and "Yes", you can still use it.

I am not excusing what he did, only thinking about the repercussions of what is already a very stressful career.

Be safe my Brothers & Sisters.

06-16-2008, 11:56 AM
you said it it seems brother hood has left the building is everyone here so afraid of the ivory tower . each and everyone of us have done something stupid in our life and yes i dont agree with him drinking and getting in a vehicle but sometimes folks need alittle help we need to watch each others backs god forbid no one else will

06-16-2008, 12:47 PM
The thing is this, HE placed not only himself in that situation, he also placed those deputies and supervisors in that situation because of his actions.

He needs to accept the responsibility that he made a mistake and move on.

On a professional level, I would back him up in a heartbeat, as I would with you and everyone else. It doesnt matter what the circumstances are or anything. HOWEVER, many of us need not throw stones at glass houses for we live in a glass house ourselves. I know of many of us that had one or two too many, just like civilians, and drove home. They are responsible for their actions, just like I'm responsible for mine, just like civilians are responsible for theirs.

When one of us screws up like this, I think of the famous saying..

United we stand, divided we fall

I wish him luck in whatever path he chooses after this. But if he decides to take it to court, I highly doubt he'd win. The deputy that arrested him for the DUI, has his stuff together and being a high profile case, wont make any mistakes anywhere.

Hopefully to the drinkers of any department in any agency, as well as civilians, let this be a forewarning that just because you work here, doesnt mean you got a get out of jail free card. We are held to a higher standard because we enforce the law, meaning, we should know better.

06-16-2008, 02:56 PM
if he was drinking with friends (other deputies) should they have taken his keys or called someone for him,,, if they weren,t d/s they still are great friends ............................

06-16-2008, 09:12 PM
To the "Guest" a few posts up ... are you really suggesting that the deputies on scene shouldve taken this guy home and looked the other way for "brotherhood"? You gotta be kidding me! This was criminal behavior ... he was stone cold passed out drunk behind the wheel of a vehicle with the engine running in the roadway in the ONCOMING lane of travel at 6AM!!! I understand that it took quite a few minutes to even wake him up and then he had no clue where the hell he was! We are very, very fortunate that we dont have another DEAD employee or dead citizen or BOTH! And you want to take him home so he can do it again and maybe next time kill himself or one of MY family members and loved ones??? My family uses that road. I'll be d***ed if I want this clown out there! Hmm, wonder what the sheriff would think if you just looked the other way because of "brotherhood"??? I think we all know the answer to that one ...

What you may not know either is that he had already wrecked his vehicle but they could never find what it was he had crashed in to!

Nope, sorry ... "brotherhood" does not protect you from criminal behavior! No way, shape, or form am I gonna take the fall for someone elses criminal behavior or blatant stupidity! Yeah, I'm a cop and I'll be there for any other deputies or police officers or troopers or whatever but I will NOT jeopardize my career for someone elses ignorance! Do NOT place me in that position! I dont care what kind of badge you have.

My hat is off to the deputy who rolled up on that scene and did the right thing! She did not ask to be placed into that position! The DRUNK placed her into that position! Good job!

06-16-2008, 10:30 PM
THANK YOU ! finally someone that KNOWS what he is talking about and has his facts in order !

06-17-2008, 01:19 AM
Maybe Grady needs to start policing his own people. Every week, we see another sheriff deputy getting arrested. Makes me wonder where the sheppard is while the sheep are out playing. Oh, wait I know where he is. He is in my living room on TV talking about something he didnt do, but using if for his political adventures.

06-17-2008, 10:58 AM
Ummm, citizen sheriff ... the fact that these arrests occur says they ARE being policed, you boob ... law enforcement officers are just like anyone else. They have free will to make good or bad decisions just like anyone in any other profession. The arrest of this deputy had nothing to do with the sheriff ... it was a 22 year old kid who decided to do something really stupid while he was off duty on his own time.

06-17-2008, 11:34 AM
Ummm, citizen sheriff ... the fact that these arrests occur says they ARE being policed, you boob ... law enforcement officers are just like anyone else. They have free will to make good or bad decisions just like anyone in any other profession. The arrest of this deputy had nothing to do with the sheriff ... it was a 22 year old kid who decided to do something really stupid while he was off duty on his own time.

Exactly.... I believe this is the only agency that is willing it arrest it's own when they find them in violation of the law. Other agencies in the county have been known to sweep things under the rug for right people. Even if they don't sweep them under the rug completely...the keep it under wraps until five months after the officer has left the agency (*ahem* lpd)

06-17-2008, 08:03 PM
Blah Blah Blah, what I'm talking about is preventing crime. I know the sheriff has a division for preventing crime. If he cant prevent crime in his own agency of 1000 people (or less) how is he going to prevent crime in the county.....lets hear some smart answers now.

06-17-2008, 08:59 PM
"citizen sheriff" ... what are you talking about???

06-17-2008, 09:40 PM
no sheriff control what his members do when they are on or off duty everyone should be adults and know right from wrong by now and we have to govern ourselves

06-18-2008, 06:06 PM
i have mixed opinions on this. i think that there are situations in which a fellow cop should extend some professional courtesy to another who has made a mistake or is in need. not sure on this one without actual facts. this is an extremely tough job...mostly mentally. sometimes you need to let off a little steam and be human for once. just be careful doing it. the general public just loves it when we f$@k up and the newspapers live for it. and its starting to look like other cops enjoy it too.

oh, and by the way.....no, i would never ever consider writing another LEO a ticket.....that it unless he pissed me off!

06-18-2008, 06:18 PM
to the author of the last post.... ALL THE FACTS ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED WHERE ON THE FIRST PAGE OF posts...

1- DUI with property damage
2- Passed out in ONCOMING TRAFFIC LANE veh still running
3- NO SMART DEPUTY WILL RISK THEIR CAREER TO HELP OUT A DEPUTY WITH A CLEAR PROBLEM

NO BODY WANTS to write another d/s a ticket or worse and they dont get high off of doing it.... but PROFESSIONAL COURTESY does not extend to scraping a d/s out of his car after he crashed it at least once then fell asleep in the oncoming traffics LANE !

06-20-2008, 01:02 PM
For those of you who may need explanation: A law enforcement officer driving a motor vehicle while intoxicated equals dirty cop! There you go... that should sum it up for some of you and if it doesn't, go get a job at a bar or check the Yellow Pages for the next A.A. meeting.

06-21-2008, 02:48 PM
No, YOU need the explaination: A law enforcement officer driving a motor vehicle while intoxicated equals a dumbass...BIG difference between that and a "dirty cop"....

06-25-2008, 11:01 AM
Professional courtesy ends when they go from civil to criminal.

MOD 147
06-28-2008, 06:47 PM
The D/S that found 6331 was doing her job. And I commend her for doing so. So everyone needs to stop dogging her. She did not know who he was until he identified himself (probably thinking he would be just let go). So after finding out he was a D/S, the 2 units on scene along with EMS was just supposed to let him go and look the other way? What about the fact that this was called in on the radio which is recorded. How was it going to be explained if the driver was just let go? I wonder if they would have all had to make a pact not to tell anyone. At what cost? All of their jobs?

I agree with Polkster, myself and my family drive Old Polk City rd daily, it's the main road into town. The day this happened I was heading that way and lucky me was running late so went a different direction to work around the same time he was driving. How pissed do you think I would have been if he hit me then I find out he was just let go for the sake of "brotherhood"? I would have gone looking for all those involved and made sure everyone knew they had looked the other way.

I agree with "Brotherhood" to an extent. I read a story about an officer who was sleeping off his night of partying in his vehicle in the parking lot of a bar. He was not driving, was covered up with a blanket and had his heater on because it was cold. He was 1015'd for DUI even though the arresting officer knew he was a fellow officer. I personally believe that's a good case where the "brotherhood" should have kicked in. He was trying to do the right thing by not driving. I have personally done the same thing, just now I don't have the keys in the ignition. Also, giving fellow officers speeding tickets I feel is wrong unless in the case of D/S Barron who purposely tried to get fellow D/S to chase him on his motorcycle just for fun. Alot of you old timers should remember that.

Jesus used very poor judgement as well as his "friends" did by letting him drive drunk. I'm almost always the DD when I go out w/my friends drinking. And when it's my turn to let loose, I have someone whose trustworthy to be the driver for me or we stay at someone's house.

You have to use your brain, if you can't plan ahead and make sure you have a DD or somewhere to stay to sleep off your alcohol, then don't drink in the first place. It's just not worth it for a buzz.

06-29-2008, 04:03 AM
The second deputy on that scene lost a daughter in a crash over eight years ago due to another driver's stupidity. It almost killed him and devastated his immediate and extended family. That pain is with him always .. every day.

It's interesting nobody gave him a hard time because of this arrest ...

07-12-2008, 02:15 PM
You know, reading the latest news stories about DUI driver kills another person, along with all of the other DUI horror stories we have heard of, worked , or seen, it makes me SICK to my stomach and ashamed of OUR OWN deputies that scoffed at , threw stones at, the deputies doing their job in getting someone who had no BUSINESS being anywhere NEAR a vehicle.

You rookie deputies who celebrate with a bottle in your hands and who have ALLOWED this behavior are an embarassment. HOW DARE THEM DEPUTIES ARREST one of their BROTHERS....

DISPICABLE.. completely dispicable

08-22-2008, 11:00 PM
Jesus was an embarassment to this agency. His ego was only matched by his mouth. He thought he was so high and mighty. That he was the hardest working and best deputy on his shift. Then he BREAKS the LAW no matter how you morons want to spin it. And you people protect him. And attack the one who was doing her job. I've worked with both and know that she is a far better deputy than Jesus. Now to the person who stated "she is not one to talk", what is that from? What has she done that gives her no right to DO HER JOB? Because she is not the one who went to jail.

09-18-2008, 07:20 PM
From time to time I read other forums to keep informed of whats going on in police work. I stumbled accross this topic and I felt I had to give my two cents.
First I would like to say that I wasn't there and I don't know all the facts. I for one know one thing, the State of Florida has given officers the choice to use discretion on misdemeanors. In other words, you don't have to make a 10-15 on a misdemeanor unless it raises to the point that you can be charged for failure to act.
Are we above the law? Hell no! But I always keep in the back of my mind that if I 15nd the manager at Publix, he/she will pay attorney fees, court fees, ect...After it's all said and done, they can apply for a hardship license and their lives are back to normal. When a LEO or any other one in a high profile career does the same exact thing, well the above applies + he/she will most likely need to find another job to support their family.
A couple of years ago, I stopped a principal from a local high school. I noticed the school ID hanging from the mirror and I knew that this person was in a high profile profession. Needless to say, if I had chosen to do the road sides, it wouldn't of have been pretty. A call to a family member and they were on scene in less than 10 minutes. I still remember the principal getting into the vehicle and telling me "you just saved my life". Two days later in the news, I saw the principal helping the community by painting a local low income project area. Bottom line, the principal was a good guy who made a mistake. He was an asset to the community. I could have taken away all his accomplishments that he has given to the community for a dumb mistake.
From what I read, the deputy is a young guy. Look at what guys his age are doing. This deputy has chosen to do the right thing and serve his community. The job comes with a lot of stress, even more at that age. Now because of a dumb mistake, he will probably have to find another career. We are not perfect, and if you look at everything we do on duty/off duty I'm sure at one point or the other we have done something that if it came to light we would be fired. It's human nature. No one is perfect. One thing is we all come out here (99% of us) to do a good job, help the community and receive a retirement out of it. Society has turned against us and all we have is each other. Just look at how many LEOs have been shot in the last three years. From my agency alone, we have lost at least 5 (on duty). Three of them I knew and they will remain in my heart until its time for me to go.
Just my two cents and I hope everything ends up well for the deputy.
Stay safe brothers and sisters....

09-18-2008, 08:33 PM
From time to time I read other forums to keep informed of whats going on in police work. I stumbled accross this topic and I felt I had to give my two cents.
First I would like to say that I wasn't there and I don't know all the facts. I for one know one thing, the State of Florida has given officers the choice to use discretion on misdemeanors. In other words, you don't have to make a 10-15 on a misdemeanor unless it raises to the point that you can be charged for failure to act.
Are we above the law? Hell no! But I always keep in the back of my mind that if I 15nd the manager at Publix, he/she will pay attorney fees, court fees, ect...After it's all said and done, they can apply for a hardship license and their lives are back to normal. When a LEO or any other one in a high profile career does the same exact thing, well the above applies + he/she will most likely need to find another job to support their family.
A couple of years ago, I stopped a principal from a local high school. I noticed the school ID hanging from the mirror and I knew that this person was in a high profile profession. Needless to say, if I had chosen to do the road sides, it wouldn't of have been pretty. A call to a family member and they were on scene in less than 10 minutes. I still remember the principal getting into the vehicle and telling me "you just saved my life". Two days later in the news, I saw the principal helping the community by painting a local low income project area. Bottom line, the principal was a good guy who made a mistake. He was an asset to the community. I could have taken away all his accomplishments that he has given to the community for a dumb mistake.
From what I read, the deputy is a young guy. Look at what guys his age are doing. This deputy has chosen to do the right thing and serve his community. The job comes with a lot of stress, even more at that age. Now because of a dumb mistake, he will probably have to find another career. We are not perfect, and if you look at everything we do on duty/off duty I'm sure at one point or the other we have done something that if it came to light we would be fired. It's human nature. No one is perfect. One thing is we all come out here (99% of us) to do a good job, help the community and receive a retirement out of it. Society has turned against us and all we have is each other. Just look at how many LEOs have been shot in the last three years. From my agency alone, we have lost at least 5 (on duty). Three of them I knew and they will remain in my heart until its time for me to go.

I am so sick of watching other LEO's disgrace themselves. If you had read the other posts you would have seen the FACTS.
1) a d/s DUI passed out in the middle of the road in ONCOMING traffic
2) lies about his name to d/s that finds him unresponsive
3) has fresh damage to his vehicle (aka paint transfer) etc

Now dear BCSO d/s. If you stumbled on this and gave the d/s a ride home i guarantee you your butt would be in AI and more probably FIRED. Is YOUR career worth loosing because someone "HAS STRESS ISSUES" ??? you got stress as a cop, get a gym membership, get meds, go take a run. DO NOT PUT YOUR @#$ IN THE DRIVERS SEAT OF A CAR, RUN INTO WHAT EVER, THEN LIE THINKING YOU ARE ABOVE THE LAW COMMITING A CRIME HIDING YOUR DRUNK FACE BEHIND YOUR BADGE

09-19-2008, 07:48 PM
Again as I first stated, I wasn't there and I don't know all the facts. I have been around for over 13 years and I have been noticing a trend of cops writing cops/ family members and cops arresting cops for any little chance they get. Furthermore, they justify it by whatever means possible. The brotherhood in law enforcement is definately not the same as it use to be. I just don't get it. Maybe in this case, the right thing to do was to 10-15. Again I don't know, I wasn't there.
I dont know how it is up there, but down here, the one thing I have learned is how to CYA. What IA don't know, can't hurt you.
Stay safe, stay proud

09-20-2008, 01:06 AM
How can you compare this to writing someone a civil ticket? This had the potential to seriously injure someone else. Great job for the ones who had a tough job to do out there and did the right thing!

09-20-2008, 02:53 PM
ONCE again BCSO d/s...... you sound like you are in the wrong profession... but your shift partners must love you, COPS ARRESTING COPS is a bad thing to you ??????? IF you are a cop and you do something that warrants being arrested you SHOULDNT BE A COP..... everyone makes mistakes ?? thats your excuse ????? YOU ARE A COP. YOU ARE HELD TO A HIGHER STANDARD. YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO MAKE THE SAME MISTAKES THAT CIVILIANS MAKE. IF YOU DO YOU CAN AND WILL GET ARRESTED. THAT BADGE YOU WEAR ON YOUR CHEST IS NOT A MAGIC BLANKET. IT CAN AND SHOULD BE STRIPPED AWAY IF YOU COMMIT A CRIME.

COPS ARRESTING COPS IS GREAT. NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW. COPS ARE GETTING DIRTIER AND THINK THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH ANYTHING AND NEED TO BE REMINDED OF WHAT THEIR OATH OF OFFICE IS.

IF YOU CANNOT UPHOLD THE LAW YOU MAKE OTHERS UPHOLD 8 , 10 , OR 12 HOURS A DAY , TURN IN THAT BADGE AND GUN THAT YOU ARE NOT WORTHY OF AND ENTER THE RANKS OF THE CIVILIAN WORLD.

09-22-2008, 06:41 PM
To the above author.

Statements like the above make me sick and sir/madam it sounds to me like you need a new profession. Personaly I have had to arrest two of my own and let me tell you something, it isn't a great thing. One of them I even didn't know, but it still made me feel uneasy that they were going to spend the night in the slammer.

You guys sound like you attended the FHP brainwashing academy.

To anyone that has had to depend on a 94 day in and day out, you guys know what I'm talking about (Street Crimes/ Narcs / SRT, ect...). All you other kiddies that play cop and judge what others do...keep that mentality and one day you will fall right flat on your face.

PS: The rats of IA are very proud and they feel you should fit right in. Turn in your vest in exchange for that tie.

09-22-2008, 07:28 PM
To the above author.

Statements like the above make me sick and sir/madam it sounds to me like you need a new profession. Personaly I have had to arrest two of my own and let me tell you something, it isn't a great thing. One of them I even didn't know, but it still made me feel uneasy that they were going to spend the night in the slammer.

You guys sound like you attended the FHP brainwashing academy.

To anyone that has had to depend on a 94 day in and day out, you guys know what I'm talking about (Street Crimes/ Narcs / SRT, ect...). All you other kiddies that play cop and judge what others do...keep that mentality and one day you will fall right flat on your face.

PS: The rats of IA are very proud and they feel you should fit right in. Turn in your vest in exchange for that tie.

No dear, its not that its a GREAT thing that cops are getting arrested.. .its a great thing that COPS are actually doing the RIGHT thing and the moral and ethical thing and weeding out the bad seeds. There have been A LOT of BAD criminal cops at several agencies that needed to GO . And DUI is a BIG one of them. In the good ol boy system and the good ol days.. .WHEN everything was swept under the rug. But now, everyone is held liable for their actions. I dont go out shoplift, I dont go out DUI, I dont sell drugs, I dont sneak drugs into prisons, I dont commit battery, I dont commit Lewd offenses, I dont break into homes or steal cars, ETC . If i did any of the above should I have a badge on my chest ?

If your a cop and you let a cop go or just shake your finger at them and tell them NO NO BAD BAD BOY DONT DO IT AGAIN NOW GO HOME AND THINK ABOUT WHAT YOUVE DONE YOU NAUGHTY BOY. and then see them again at briefing the next day do you deserve a badge on your chest ??

Once again I remind you. This is law enforcement. There is a brotherhood. It is to look out after your own on the streets. Protect our own and back them up when they need back up on a call or need help catching up on reports, help them when they need someone to talk to, cover their backs at work. NOT DRIVE THEIR GETAWAY CAR !!!! We protect our own in all aspects of life but enabling them and HELPING THEM GET AWAY WITH CRIMES and wiping the jack n coke vomit off of their steering wheels and calling them a ride home after they have COMMITTED SEVERAL OFFENSES is NOT BROTHERHOOD. IT IS STUPID.

IS YOUR CAREER WORTH PROTECTING SOMEONE WHO "messes up" AND COMMITS A CRIMINAL OFFENSE AND ASKS YOU TO COVER FOR THEM ???? IS YOUR LIVELIHOOD AND PAYCHECK AND GOOD NAME WORTH THAT DRUNK OR THAT D/S WHO CANNOT SEPARATE HIMSELF FROM THE CRIMINALS ??? GUESS WHAT MINE ISNT. AND I HOPE TO GOD THAT THERE ARE OTHER COPS OUT THERE WHO FEELS THE SAME OR THIS WHOLE DAMN PROFESSION IS GOING TO HELL.

I see the level of cops getting worse and worse . They get out of the academy thinking they are invincible, special , priviledged, and superman. The ethics and moral levels are getting worse and worse from day one and its REALLLY NOT a good thing to get on here and spread the word that if you do not assist and help your fellow d/s get away with screwing up , committing crimes, then you are the BAD BAD cop and you should be ashamed. For Gods sakes people ! We need some good examples here !! So to the above poster.... Go on and go to the bar with your shift partners and when one of them runs someone off the road when their BA leven is .22 and kills some civilian, get some good sleep knowing that they were probably "given a ride home" a time or two.

09-22-2008, 07:59 PM
WOW! Your posts are so great and they have taught me so much. Maybe you should write an ethics book or something. Your values and ethical standards seem flawless and should be admirred.

Maybe I should follow you around and see how many violations you do in a day. Maybe one day, you will get off your accident scenes, barking dog calls and go do some real police work. Im sorry, maybe you work in admin and cant leave your desk. Maybe one day, you will stop acting like a dork.

Kiddies with guns preaching ethics, get real fool. Its a jungle out here.

09-22-2008, 08:43 PM
WOW! Your posts are so great and they have taught me so much. Maybe you should write an ethics book or something. Your values and ethical standards seem flawless and should be admirred.

Maybe I should follow you around and see how many violations you do in a day. Maybe one day, you will get off your accident scenes, barking dog calls and go do some real police work. Im sorry, maybe you work in admin and cant leave your desk. Maybe one day, you will stop acting like a dork.

Kiddies with guns preaching ethics, get real fool. Its a jungle out here.
Oh for Gods sakes !!! YOU MORON!!! IVE been doing this job for over a decade and yeah everyone violates agency policy and dont follow the SOP's etc letter by letter but ya know what ?... I HAVENT BROKEN ANY CRIMINAL LAWS and expected anyone to cover my behind for me. THATS what this is all about. Not anyone being the perfect officer. I feel like im typing to brick walls.

09-23-2008, 05:35 PM
i will not put my career on the line for an officer that is intentionally breaking the law.

that being said: i will not go and run to ia or a supervisor if i see an officer making a mistake.

there is a world a difference between the 2.

ALSO: what just makes me SICK-the asshole judges, SAOs, Hill, police chiefs, and any other "hold to a higher standard" party line pusher that bends and breaks the rules or violates the law, for their buddies or for back scratching....

why should i rat out a LEO that is trying to do the right thing and then makes a mistake? when the very person i am supposed to talk to has done the same or worse.....

that's the conundrum i see as a LEO w/ over 18 years exp....

BUT, let it also be known that when i think about doing something that might land me in hot water, i also ask myself, is what i am about to do worth my career, livelihood, pension, and most importantly, my freedom.

09-23-2008, 09:59 PM
As a very wise Lt. says, "Whatever your career can handle"!

09-24-2008, 02:54 PM

What if two days later you saw that he killed a family because he was DUI.

09-24-2008, 04:33 PM

What if two days later you saw that he killed a family because he was DUI.

Or he kills your family! We are not above the law. If that is what you believe then you need another profession. Because people like you that are an embarrassment to law enforcement.

09-25-2008, 07:05 PM
Ok obviously we have a difference of opinion. For a minute I thought I was f$cked up and I brought up this subject to the hardcore DUI guys in my agency (we have a task force) and even they agree that it's a tough choice to make. Some of them said they would do it hands down with no problem and others said no way. It just amazes me that not ONE of your guys defended the dep on this matter. I guess we see things a little different down here. No big deal, you guys see guys like me as "dirty" and an "embarrassment". And guys like me see you guys as rats and backstabbers. Who is right? Who is wrong? It doesn't matter. You guys keep making the decisions that you think is right and Ill continue to make mine. Each of us will have to live with our choices in life.

Law enforcement is a family. I wouldn't arrest my brother or sister, especially on a signal 1.

Not saying the guy should have gotten away free and clear, but it definitely could have been handled internally.

Oh and guess what? Even after the deputy was arrested, there are evil doers out there that are still driving drunk (the nerve!).

IF you believe that EVERY person that has an .08 or above BAC and drives needs to go to jail, then your judgment and decision making is piss poor.

09-25-2008, 08:45 PM
So the DUI guys in your department are willing to put their butts on the line for a deputy that was found passed out In the MIDDLE OF ONCOMING TRAFFIC LANE, GAVE A FALSE NAME, HAD COMMITTED HIT AND RUNS, Im sorry but SOME REAL deputys and officers have worked too hard to get their standards yanked and value their jobs too much to let someone like that go.

Keep in mind Im sure that in a situation like this supervision had to get involved and they had to do what they had to do as well. That this is what they are there for. It was partially their call to make. And Im more then sure that a supervisors stripes and bars are not worth protecting someone who put themself in that predicament.

The deputy himself did not make the arrest out of malicious intent and was not out to GET ONE OF HIS OWN. No one wants to be put in the situation the arresting deputy was put in. But he had to do what he had to do.

But I damn sure would love to know what dept the above poster is from because If Im ever driving in their jurisdiction and I get hit by an impaired law enforcement officer (and from what i read in the newspaper it goes on a lot) and they get brushed off and given a day on the porch and nothing else, things will get pretty ugly :) . But thanks guys for setting such a wonderful example to the public.

By the way if the D/S had been found passed out on the SIDE OF THE ROAD with the keys OUT OF the ignition, not the engine running, then MAYBE he would have faired better. But the road he was on was a highly traveled road which poorly lit. It is amazing that he did NOT cause a crash. Does a car parked in your lane of traffic, facing you head on with the engine running, and a drunk driver in the seat who can step on the gas, flooring the car and hitting you head on, scare you much there mister above poster? It sort of scares the hell out of me.

09-27-2008, 01:12 AM
the above poster needs to proof read their post for errors. i agree that alot of these type incidents could be handled internally. i don't know enough about this particular incident to form an opinion. but, i will say that i don't believe in hammering a fellow cop just to get my thrills or to make myself look like some kind of supercop in the eyes of staff. to the posters from outside this agency, many of our designated traffic units feel like they are royalty. they are offended if asked to respond to a minor traffic crash even if the shift is getting slammed because of constant short staffing. you see, the designated traffic units are another "specialty unit" within the sheriff's office. positions are taken away from patrol shifts to create these units. once created, they forget what their job description is and they want to work fatalities only. many of them also get off on reporting fellow deputies who might speed a little bit, etc.

09-27-2008, 01:38 AM
I dont know about all you morons... but I for one will NOT end up in AI or under investigation of ANY sort because some idiot stupid d/s or officer decided their STRESS RELIEF was putting down a 6 pack, getting behind the wheel, plowing into a couple of stationary objects, and then taking a nap in the middle of a ROADWAY. You guys do what you want, good luck finding employment in the outside world when your investigation has been completed... (i.e. read the latest about the Pinellas and Pasco County deputies... IM SO PROUD TO HAVE THEM IN MY BROTHERHOOD)

04-19-2011, 12:11 AM
Jesus was an embarassment to this agency. His ego was only matched by his mouth. He thought he was so high and mighty. That he was the hardest working and best deputy on his shift. Then he BREAKS the LAW no matter how you morons want to spin it. And you people protect him. And attack the one who was doing her job. I've worked with both and know that she is a far better deputy than Jesus. Now to the person who stated "she is not one to talk", what is that from? What has she done that gives her no right to DO HER JOB? Because she is not the one who went to jail.

04-19-2011, 12:18 AM
6331 used bad judgement and should have known better, but you cannot deny that he was a 10-8 deputy and was a great cop. Probably a better cop than all you idiots bad mouthing your former brother. He would have had you backs in a tight situation and now you guys are talking smack about one of the greatest deputies in polk history :) shame on you

04-19-2011, 01:19 AM
I'm not the smartest guy in the world but let me see if my math is correct. the original post was made in june 0f 2008 and it only took you retards just under three years to come up with this snappy response. way to go turbo!!! surrounding himself with friends flowing with such quit wits as yourselves, its no wonder idiot boy "used bad judgement". turds of a feather drown together :devil: