PDA

View Full Version : Lay-offs

06-15-2008, 02:57 PM
Suprised the recent lay-offs have not made the local media yet. Has anyone heard if there will be more or whether other local agencies have let people go? I don't think Escamba or Okaloosa is laying off under the guise of Amendment-1.......

06-15-2008, 04:26 PM
It has not made the media because Unit 1 does not want to explain to the public as to why he will not stand up to the commissioners. Who do we refer victims of domestic violence and other crimes against persons for assistance now that we have no victim advocate? TIPS ? I guess the State Attorney investigator will take care of that. Who needs a report taker during the late night, early morning hours ? No crime happens when admin is at home in bed. We do, however, need to pay the AIM team overtime to drive through parking lots all day, after the car burglars have been caught.

06-18-2008, 08:14 PM
Hall had no plan to save jobs because he has no clue on how to run an organization. Just take a look at who he surrounds himself with. How about another helicopter! Unfortunately he will be at SRSO for another 4 years. Get used to older smaller cars that live in the repair shop. It is unfortunate that with an organization that is filled with great people, seems that the only ones that get heard have little clue on what the agency and the road-dogs really need.

06-18-2008, 11:02 PM
Suprised the recent lay-offs have not made the local media yet. Has anyone heard if there will be more or whether other local agencies have let people go? I don't think Escamba or Okaloosa is laying off under the guise of Amendment-1.......

It's on the PNJ tonight...

06-20-2008, 01:43 AM
Uh, it was on the news the next morning, so get your s--t wired before you run that c---sucker.

06-20-2008, 02:22 AM
Okaloosa has cut back as well. The majority were through attrition. Planning prevented mass layoffs.

06-20-2008, 01:20 PM
An old boss once tole me, "you can't have a plan if you don't have a clue". Its so true with Hall. He has been sheriff for almost 8 years, tell me what he has accomplished or planned for. Sorry I forgot about the portable buildings with stucco.

06-20-2008, 03:47 PM
Uh, it was on the news the next morning, so get your s--t wired before you run that c---sucker.

Yes, it was in the PNJ a simple email to the PNJ was all it took.

The Sheriff likes to keep this stuff quiet especially when he said last year, at the budget workshop after laying off 14 employees, "Hall said he has cut everything he possibly can and any additional cuts will have a detrimental effect on his department's law enforcement capabilities."

I guess he forgot what he said.

06-21-2008, 11:24 AM
Wendull is too busy worried about having sex with 19yrs girls and signing more contracts with nextell. I wonder who other girl friends he has under his belt to sign multi-million dollar contracts with our money????? Watch out for that school bus wendull!!!!! and Boats!!!!

06-22-2008, 12:38 AM
Wendull is too busy worried about having sex with 19yrs girls and signing more contracts with nextell. I wonder who other girl friends he has under his belt to sign multi-million dollar contracts with our money????? Watch out for that school bus wendull!!!!! and Boats!!!!

We have all heard the stories, and I do not know (and at this point don't care) the extent of the truth. But I do know that Hall is NO leader and has NO leadership attributes. Just wish the general public would wise up. But with his luck they won't and he will be re-elected to the detriment of the agency. But there are great people here that will keep doing good work, making him look good. A totally worthless Sheriff in every aspect.

06-25-2008, 02:13 AM
Pretty raw accusation to make here. Any proof??? I snicker to think that some of you consider Van Camp and Randall as wise choices for your Sheriff. Their respective histories are well known amongst LEO's who have been around. Chris Roper is respected and well thought of and nothing like those two.

06-26-2008, 01:26 AM
Any of the other candidates would be better than Hall. The problem is that the public does not know how many of his own people feel about his leadership qualities. If Hall would just clean house at the top, he might just get a person who would tell him what is really going on. The reason he has to have someone else to tell him what is going on is because he never goes out to talk to his people unless something bad is happening. Hall is no leader, but will get re-elected.

06-26-2008, 02:54 AM
I was disappointed to hear of the loss of the Victim Services Unit. Voters of Florida spoke loud and clear to what they wanted for crime victim services and law enforcement was mandated by law to be in compliance with the Governor's Office to provide these services. While volunteers are a good resource they can't provide the level of service that a law enforcement advocate can, let alone the assistance to their own officers.

It's a sad day in history when the all mighty dollar has to prioritize what is right for our citizens when grants have been available for victim services. The 24/7, on little pay anyway, speaks volumes for the dedication an advocate has to help people in crisis. Just ask the thousands of victims what it means to have an advocate by their side, plus the fact it's one of the most positive things going for law enforcement.

Victims are tax payers and voters too. Please reconsider this decision.

06-26-2008, 03:32 AM
So how many of the high tech gadgets got turned in to save money? Blackberrys? The high dollar nextels? I can see the need but not the $$$ ones.

06-27-2008, 03:40 AM
The loss of some of the most dedicated members of the SO will impact almost all aspects of the Sheriff's Office. Patrol,Major Crimes,Juvenile,Domestic Violence, to name a few.....They put an empathetic face on the S.O. long after the officer has gone home and help in so many ways too numerous to describe. The admin needs to rethink this one fast. May not be felt right away, but it will take it's toll rapidly.
Thanks for being there ladies, you were always appreciated but probably didn't hear it near enough.

06-27-2008, 03:11 PM
When will everyone realize that Hall does not care. He surrounds himself with YES-BOYS who tell him that everything is great. Will someone tell me what Hall has accomplished since being Sheriff? Can anyone tell me what Hall's plans are for the future of the agency? Oh, it must be a secret. But he will have a press conference when he thinks of something.

06-27-2008, 05:50 PM
Shit, if he laid got rid of some of the useless people in the main office, those that make 40,000-100,000 a pop we could have kept alot of the civillians, especially Lisa Burrus. All the man cares about are those that soothe his roids. If you think he gives a shit about you, you are in a world of fantasy.