PDA

View Full Version : MAC vs. PC

06-15-2008, 02:56 AM
Which one and why? I have a PC, but I am thinking about getting a MAC. I really want to get a lap top for work so I don't have to go to the office as much. Plus if it is for work I can write it off on my taxes. The lap top and an air card I would be set.

06-15-2008, 02:59 AM
MacBook Pro for me !! 8)

06-16-2008, 12:25 AM
I hear that we are finally getting laptops and air cards out of the trust fund money. So, you might want to wait before buying one for work. As far as which one to get, I understand that the MAC is not as compatible with the hardware and software as a PC is. I am no expert though so do you research.

06-17-2008, 04:52 AM
Pros of using a PC: It's used by most businesses, so it is widely accepted. Most programs are designed around the Windows platform.

Cons: It isn't as powerful as Mac OSX, and is constantly being updated. PC's are introduced and almost immediately become obsolete.

Mac Pros: Extremely powerful, and whatever programs are created for Windows will have some sort of Mac OSX version alternative. When you buy a Mac, it will last you longer than a PC, because they are that much more advanced, so there are less "updated" versions made. Just go to your local computer shop and compare the number of PC's for sale to the number of Mac's for sale. Then read over the details of the products...you'll be amazed at the difference.

Mac Cons: Price (sometimes).

Regardless, I hear you about the laptop and air card. If you go that route, though, it would be worthwhile to find out if License Ease will function with Mac OSX. Also, if you're going to get a PC, make sure it doesn't use Vista (any version of it), because Microsoft is trying to speedily move past it. That means that folks like me are screwed, because soon enough it won't be around, and less programs will be created for it. It is NOT compatible with License Ease, so you can't use it for data entry.

I've heard that Microsoft is going to be releasing a NEW version of Windows XP, so you might want to wait for it before making your final decision. Happy hunting.