PDA

View Full Version : The IUPA Advantage

06-13-2008, 10:49 AM
ASK YOURSELF THESE QUESTIONS:

* Do you want the opportunity to form YOUR OWN LOCAL UNION, governing your own direction on issues that are important to BCSO Deputies?

* Do you want to elect your own President, Vice President, Secretary-Treasurer and Executive Board, comprised SOLELY of BCSO Deputies and NOT elected officials with terms for life?

* Do you want to have YOUR OWN treasury so that you can allocate funds to political candidates of your choice or help a fellow deputy with financial assistance in time of need?

*Do you want an attorney specializing in contract negotiations to negotiate YOUR NEXT CONTRACT?

* Do you want an attorney to represent you in the event of disciplinary procedures?

If your answer is “YES” to any of the above questions,
then it’s time to consider a change by becoming part of
The International Union of Police Associations, AFL-CIO

WITH THE I.U.P.A. BCSO DEPUTIES WILL GET:
* The opportunity to form YOUR OWN LOCAL UNION, allowing you control over your own direction and the right to make decisions on those issues important and relevant to you!

* Local leadership elected directly by YOU – THE LOCAL MEMBERSHIP – with no elected positions for life!

* An experienced labor attorney for all disciplinary proceedings, arbitrations, critical incidents 24/7, shootings, as well as civil, criminal and licensing matters.

* Membership in an AFL-CIO Law Enforcement Union with access to the UNION PRIVILEGE NETWORK providing discounts and services especially for union members and their families.

* Access to all of The I.U.P.A.’s support services including Office of the General Counsel, Publications Department, Research Department. Legislative Department, Public Information/Media Department, Membership Benefits and Field Services.

It’s time to put the YOU back in union . . .
with a professional organization that
supports you and your future!

Rich Clements
IUPA
321-576-8177

08-05-2008, 02:45 PM
Well, it appears IUPA is losing another of its 400 or so members in Florida....

"
June 11, 2008

Dear Bob

In response to your rate increase from $15.00 dollars to $30.00 per month. I do not feel I am getting an appropriate increase in benefits. You are right, the current economic slowdown affects all of us in our day to day finances. In order to continue to maximize my benefits please adjust my yearly payment for the increase you desire. Please let me know ASAP as to when my benefits will end under the new increase!

I am contemplating a transfer to PBA prior to that date to maximize my benefits from your shortcomings. I stood behind you when you needed it most. Now, I will leave you when I needed you the least. Your justification for doubling the rate is unfounded in my mind. There was no discussion to its members as what action IUPA intended to take just a letter of fact. Incredible! PBA is looking better every day!

Sincerely

Fading IUPA member
Local 6000

Why would anyone want to join an outfit that has less than 400 members in Florida? Even the State LEOS dumped IUPA and went back to PBA. After all, it was the Coastal PBA that sued Phil Williams and got us the right to collective bargaining. IUPA was no where to be seen (typical). Have fun with your social club, Jimmy Boy. We're staying PBA.

08-15-2008, 07:50 PM
Why would anyone believe anything Rich Clemments says?

08-17-2008, 02:07 AM

Forget them both and go FOP!

08-28-2008, 01:05 AM

Yeah, anything is better than IUPA!

09-03-2008, 02:52 AM
[quote="Car 54":185cp0ok]Why would anyone believe anything Rich Clemments says?

Yeah, anything is better than IUPA![/quote:185cp0ok]

I AGREE!!!

IUPA is full of misfits!

10-30-2010, 07:59 PM
The first act IUPA did when they were the state LEO bargaining unit was give up the step pay plan, state LEO's have suffered ever since.

The best thing state LEO's ever did was vote IUPA out as the bargaining unit.