PDA

View Full Version : Cutting Costs

06-13-2008, 04:24 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/video/index.html ... b0c12f2749 (http://www.foxnews.com/video/index.html?playerId=videolandingpage&streamingFormat=FLASH&referralObject=1366250&referralPlaylistId=949437d0db05ed5f5b9954dc049d70b 0c12f2749)

06-13-2008, 11:20 AM
Crank up the golf carts... its time for you security guards to get a fitting vehicle for your job. :lol:

06-13-2008, 04:22 PM
WHERES THAT TAPE !!!!! Still waiting!!!!

Put up or shut up !!!!

06-13-2008, 11:50 PM
Here's an idea... Why don't the 2 highest paid employees in our department tun in the 2 take home cars that is costing us over 3 grand a year plus wear and tear on the crown vics... Hmmmmmmmm I bet we could put that money to good use.

06-14-2008, 12:06 AM
The more things change the more they remain the same...(French novelist Alphonse Karr (1808-90). State ebb & flow with money. Go from the great suggestion of take home cars, all the way back to the suggestion of foot patrols and golf cart patrol on campus. Of course there will still me money in the budget for the important things, *cough...but It's not dejua vu friends, its an old cycle. At least with the equipment extra money always available from the state, they could buy some of those high tech looking golf carts, ya? So we can at least out run safe team and AB.

06-14-2008, 12:51 AM
The Chief's car is usually a given, but really.., in a major budget crunch, shouldn't that be one of the first things to go? The Major's car, and even that position, should be dissolved again, period. A lot of money could be trimmed here of the top, but it usually comes from the bottom. Why?

06-14-2008, 06:42 AM
WHERES THAT TAPE !!!!! Still waiting!!!!

Put up or shut up !!!!

Boob, the tape has already ruined much of what you thought was hidden.........though scootchy, it will be nice to see your lazy a@@ tooting around in a cute cart :lol: :lol: :lol:

Remember the high center of gravity on those lil' guys..............turn slowly and be gentle on breaking in corners :oops:

06-19-2008, 06:09 AM
When I worked there a long while back, there were golf cart patrols and foot patrols, and we were not allowed to do things off campus. You all have it easy, and the economy was better then than it is now. A TRT team, patrolling off campus areas, and the talk of take home cars from what I read? It's not that bad of a budget crunch is it, there is usually money thee for the Chiefs priorities? We never had those things. Maybe when I worked there Uravich was just a Budget Miser.

06-24-2008, 02:03 AM
What ever happened to the the SSG's, Student Security Guards? Where did they go? They could have done the same work as AB; 10-60's, patrolling around in "electric" powered golf carts supplied by the university, and doing the same thing that AB does...., all at a fraction of the cost?

It is true, the higher up you go in pay, the more stupid ideas you come up with. And the University will pay big time for stupid ideas from a highly educated person, stupid or not. Government money is so easily and waistfully spent it's not even funny.