PDA

View Full Version : budget cuts

06-11-2008, 10:59 PM
Anyone have any ideas or input on what was said today? I am not looking forward to the upcoming year knowing we will be down about 20 guys and not filling these spots. Plus knowing about 25 people put in for transfers. Also knowing that the PD has to cut a million dollars from its budget, and schools are not going to get the coverage they require due to the possibility of High Schools only having one Officer assigned. I dont think things are looking good, we are wilting away.
Well atleast we have jobs and an awesome schedule. And vehicles to use to go to training, and to respond to calls with (our pov's that is). I am sooo happy we didnt attempt a vote on the Chief or go for a merger, I mean really, who knows what would have happened then!

06-12-2008, 01:42 AM
Anyone have any ideas or input on what was said today? I am not looking forward to the upcoming year knowing we will be down about 20 guys and not filling these spots. Plus knowing about 25 people put in for transfers. Also knowing that the PD has to cut a million dollars from its budget, and schools are not going to get the coverage they require due to the possibility of High Schools only having one Officer assigned. I dont think things are looking good, we are wilting away.
Well atleast we have jobs and an awesome schedule. And vehicles to use to go to training, and to respond to calls with (our pov's that is). I am sooo happy we didnt attempt a vote on the Chief or go for a merger, I mean really, who knows what would have happened then!

Things will becoming much worse, let's hope our union uses their head or we will be collecting unemployment. Police jobs are drying up fast all over South Florida.

06-12-2008, 03:14 AM
Yes my friends things are going to get much harder for us. Yes indeed police jobs are in fact becoming scarce because of the tax issues with the various municipalities. And no we are not going green no matter what people write in here. Yes we WILL be operating at a bare minimum and no we will NOT get the raise we deserve. One thing is certain we better get our act together or we will be out on the corner with a cup. Let's start by being civil within our rank and file because when the shiite hit the proverbial fan eachother is all we will have. Let's build cameradery not animosity. And for the genius who posted the initials of two officers that is just plain unnecessary.

06-12-2008, 08:14 PM
Yes my friends things are going to get much harder for us. Yes indeed police jobs are in fact becoming scarce because of the tax issues with the various municipalities. And no we are not going green no matter what people write in here. Yes we WILL be operating at a bare minimum and no we will NOT get the raise we deserve. One thing is certain we better get our act together or we will be out on the corner with a cup. Let's start by being civil within our rank and file because when the shiite hit the proverbial fan eachother is all we will have. Let's build cameradery not animosity. And for the genius who posted the initials of two officers that is just plain unnecessary.

umm yur not da boss, IAMTHEBOSS. And for you to dismiss the idea of PBSO is just plain silly. If they can provide a level of service for less money, they are in, it doesnt matter what you or I think. They could even get rent a cops in there if they wanted. Also we will never lose our jobs, unless you are not fit for duty, like 1/3 of our department is........In closing, I think using those initials was SMART, much better than using names. I disagree, but you made your point, and did it the smart way. Also we do have our act together, and i trust the PBA and all the officers for the PBA, the rest of you have not proved your trustworthy as of today.

06-12-2008, 11:34 PM

umm yur not da boss, IAMTHEBOSS. And for you to dismiss the idea of PBSO is just plain silly. If they can provide a level of service for less money, they are in, it doesnt matter what you or I think. They could even get rent a cops in there if they wanted. Also we will never lose our jobs, unless you are not fit for duty, like 1/3 of our department is........In closing, I think using those initials was SMART, much better than using names. I disagree, but you made your point, and did it the smart way. Also we do have our act together, and i trust the PBA and all the officers for the PBA, the rest of you have not proved your trustworthy as of today.

You should print their names, after I read your post, I Goggled RM, and found out he was a powerful union official in Broward, so I doubt if he hates police unions, he assisted in negotiating three amazing police contract in Broward, and is well respected by the police unions in Broward, he is described as being a Cops-Cop. He is one of few who stood up and spoke at the Chiefs meeting, and has fought the system when officers in his zone were wrongly attacked. When he speaks, he is very logical. Maybe instead of attacking him, we should listen to his ideas, and make our own decisions. I truly don't understand why he is such a threat to this agency union. If you have something factual, please post it, if not don't fabricate problems, we all know we have enough coming down the pipe, lets fix them

06-13-2008, 12:03 AM
I have a fact, what has he done in Palm Beach County? nothing. I mean no disrespect when I write that, but its true. Speaks logically yes, get things done for the PD, no. Also I dont see PBSO happening this year.

06-13-2008, 05:16 AM
I have a fact, what has he done in Palm Beach County? nothing. I mean no disrespect when I write that, but its true. Speaks logically yes, get things done for the PD, no. Also I dont see PBSO happening this year.

Palm Beach County Officer of the Year ????????

06-14-2008, 02:58 AM
OK which one of ya bosses is da boss ?

06-14-2008, 03:12 AM
This should quell any argument as to who is the man. For I am the Boss of Bosses. Anyway as you other blogsters just stated yes that person who you are talking about and others with similar experience can and should help this department move forward in a progressive way. All of the childish and immature bashing has run it's course and people are very tired of it. As for our current representation we should not be harsh on them after all they are doing their best with the tools they have. Not everyone is a gifted negotiator or a high level intellect. They have been doing what they can when they can and if people are not happy with what they have done then when the time comes you will be presented with the opportunity to effect change. Until then let's just try to galvanize our efforts into a voice of one instead of numerous dissenting misfits. We must realize that there is absolutely no way anyone can make everyone happy, there will always be detractors. Yes I know there will be some inane response to my sensible diatribe but this is expected when you enter a public forum. For those who will feel the need to disparage my words I welcome you because it is your first amendment privilege. But you must understand that you are doing more harm than good. As you can clearly see I am the CAPO DI TUTTI CAPI.

06-15-2008, 02:27 PM

I think he means he isBoss Hogg

06-16-2008, 11:07 PM
Quit making stuff up you moron, you are right about PBSO....no chance for romance.

06-17-2008, 01:09 AM
Quit making stuff up you moron, you are right about PBSO....no chance for romance.

Go blow your bf you jerk