PDA

View Full Version : The beginning of the end!

06-11-2008, 03:14 AM
Well its been a whole 6 months under Chief Hernandez. I never knew that one person could cause so much grief in such a short amount of time. I was open to the idea that change may do this agency good. I said "change" not total disruption of what we as officers have built over many years. This guy has done everything in his power to disrespect our union which he could care less about to taking away what made our agency fun to work for--our character. We need to unite as union members and stand up for what we believe to be an injustice to our agancy. This brash, arrogant, and demeaning chief needs to understand that we as officers were here long before him and we will be here long after he's gone. This is a bad chapter in a good novel. We will eventually rid ourselves of this cancer and move on to making this agency one of the best to work for in the north dade area. We have our problems no doubt about that but not to the extent that this guy has dragged us down to. I hope we can all work together to buy this guy a one way ticket back to Tallahassee because I'm absolutely disgusted by what I see. :evil: [/url]

06-11-2008, 04:00 AM
Here is a post from MDPD's page...

Local Municipality

Posted: 06/10/08 01:23:02 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anonymous wrote:
WOW its unreal how many attacks on officers are happening here in S. Flor. I will keep the MDP officer in my prayers

We have had 3 officers shot at in our city in 6 months..One Died, One hospitalized, And one did not get hit. Our city is 6 square miles. Local and state politicians need to open there eyes. South Florida is a war zone and law enforcement should be a top priority for everybody.
I cant speak for other Departments, but our crime is out of control. If the citizens really knew how many armed robberies, shootings, rapes, and other violent offenses were occuring a couple feet away from their door step they would be on the same page as the cops in an effort to combat this downward spiral and to restore order/justice on our streets.
Again I can't speak for other cities/districts, but I for one do not alow my family to come to the city in which I patrol for fear they be victimized by these savages. My family is no different than anyone elses and I feel a great injustice is occuring by not relaying the severity of the crime problem to the community. How bad is it going to get before these issues are addressed and action is taken?

God bless you my brothers and sisters. Through all the stress and headaches that go along with this job, please try and remind yourselves just how honerable your job is. Please stay safe!

-Your local friend in blue.

Guest LEO

Posted: 06/10/08 08:18:05 Post subject: So sad !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, NMBPD has turned down the sewer pit., It was once one of the great agencies in South Florida, but due to its poor leadeship and its staff who dont have a clue, its still in a landlside down the sewer ! So sad, a few years ago, They actually had cops and some staff who actually knew what to do and had hooks everywhere ! Where did they all go ! Now its like the old wild west!

06-11-2008, 05:57 PM
Fear not, I will heal this agency as I have done in others I have rehabilitated during my more than three decades in policing! Have faith and patience!

06-11-2008, 06:35 PM
Ralfi Ralfi Ralfi, here we go again with your experience. See the below post from a previous topic:

Ralfi, we know, 30 years in law enforcement, the only problem with that is it's been spent in about 10 different agencies. 2 or maybe 3 at the most would remain a respectable number, but 10, thats just straight up gypsey. When you tell someone you've worked for 10 different agencies, you look like a someone that can't make up their mind, or someone who keeps having problems, or someone who has been told "resign or your fired". Simply speaking, if someone applied here for entry level police officer and they had a history of working with 10 different agencies, I would hope this department would say "thanks but no thanks", you obviousley slipped through the cracks, oh never mind, TS "I'm the best" did your background.

06-12-2008, 12:40 AM
And with all those years did he once collect a reasonable pension.. if he would have stayed at MDPD with 30 years he would have 90% of his pay.. some things make you go HMM ! Oops, I forgot.. he had to leave those agencies.

06-12-2008, 03:21 AM
And with all those years did he once collect a reasonable pension.. if he would have stayed at MDPD with 30 years he would have 90% of his pay.. some things make you go HMM ! Oops, I forgot.. he had to leave those agencies.

A few of us gifted individuals are not motivated by financial recompense or a paltry pension! That's for the down trotted masses who have no other recourse. My reward comes from the indescribable exhilaration of turning a dysfunctional police agency around. That's what I intend to do at this, my present challenge. Then, who knows -- MDPD? I yearned a triumphant return!

06-12-2008, 10:41 AM
I love NMB, it makes Comedy Central look boring ! Never a Dull moment !

06-12-2008, 03:30 PM
My reward comes from the indescribable exhilaration of turning a dysfunctional police agency around.

How exactly do you intend to "turn around this dysfunctional police agency", by eliminating goatees, cleaning the bathrooms and placing a hiring freeze despite the fact that we are under-staffed???

Yeah, that should really "turn things around". :roll:

06-12-2008, 04:29 PM
My reward comes from the indescribable exhilaration of turning a dysfunctional police agency around.

How exactly do you intend to "turn around this dysfunctional police agency", by eliminating goatees, cleaning the bathrooms and placing a hiring freeze despite the fact that we are under-staffed???

Yeah, that should really "turn things around". :roll:

Well, projecting a clean, frugal and professional image is a start! Look, as I've told others at previous commands I have turned around: relax and let me introduce my change process. Once I have put it all in, you too will be elated by it! Trust me!

07-08-2008, 01:52 PM
Let that bullet proof contract expire and police officers turn into at will employees. Everyone knows the people whom are guilty of sedition, it's no secret. Real simple.... make a list of your biggest offenders, fire 1 per day for 1 week. Then step back and see if the whining doesn't stop. Proceed as needed until all the destructive worthless crybabies are gone or until they fall in line.

This is Florida where the law regarding employment is "In Florida, employees are presumed to be "at will." At-will employees may be terminated for any reason, so long as it's not illegal. Generally, employees who work under an employment contract can only be terminated for reasons specified in the contract. In Florida, it is very difficult to overcome the at-will presumption."

MAKE SURE THAT CONTRACT DOESN'T RENEW until the end goal is achieved.

07-08-2008, 02:29 PM
Let that bullet proof contract expire and police officers turn into at will employees. Everyone knows the people whom are guilty of sedition, it's no secret. Real simple.... make a list of your biggest offenders, fire 1 per day for 1 week. Then step back and see if the whining doesn't stop. Proceed as needed until all the destructive worthless crybabies are gone or until they fall in line.

This is Florida where the law regarding employment is "In Florida, employees are presumed to be "at will." At-will employees may be terminated for any reason, so long as it's not illegal. Generally, employees who work under an employment contract can only be terminated for reasons specified in the contract. In Florida, it is very difficult to overcome the at-will presumption."

MAKE SURE THAT CONTRACT DOESN'T RENEW until the end goal is achieved.

Jean Martinet would be so proud of you!

07-08-2008, 04:19 PM
Cleaner you are as moronic as the day is long! We have what you call "Civil Service" in NMB. No one can be fired at will. So with that in mind you jerk......YOU ARE FIRED FROM THIS SITE!

07-08-2008, 04:44 PM
If a city or county want you gone they will stay on your a$$ and find anything.. look at the past.. lets see. the redhead, JB now Capt GBPD, SM, TO, many others who didnt cut what we at NMBPD wanted. It all gets down to paper and who has the fortitude to get the job done.. Depends who was in charge and what they wanted. Always a way around civil service .. just ask those who were ordered to do the dirty deeds.. right CM.

07-08-2008, 07:26 PM
Cleaner you are as moronic as the day is long! We have what you call "Civil Service" in NMB. No one can be fired at will. So with that in mind you jerk......YOU ARE FIRED FROM THIS SITE!

Yes, I feel the love. Yes civil service provides a thin layer of protection but nowhere near what the police contract provides. You apparently don't remember Chief Berger's "Firing squad". That means that you haven't been here long enough to wipe your arse so do everyone a favor and shut the hell up. Maybe go back to school and learn how not to put your foot so deep inside your mouth.

The few of us veterans that have been here more than 14 years can tell you if the Chief wants you gone, you will be. It's only a matter of time. And it's high time that there be some firing around this place!

I've been here longer than I care to say. This place was the cream of the crop when i was hired.... that's how long I've been here! There is a handful of young officers here that are a pure joy to work with and also a handful of veterans that are worth their topped out paychecks. The rest are a dismal bunch of whining worthless crybabies.

And User1, next time you want to call someone out, make sure you know what the hell your talking about. End of lesson.

07-08-2008, 07:43 PM
be careful who you go after. you may not like their reaction. happy hunting and stay safe

07-08-2008, 08:01 PM
The slugs "WE" got are already GONE... besides who cares, I have my paycheck..drinking and fishing by the dock everyday ! The rest is gravy money! CHING.. CHING..

07-09-2008, 04:04 AM
Cleaner you are wrong Berger tried everything to mess with Stewart and get him outta here while he was here but you know what Stewart always shoved the contract down Bergers throat. Stewart retired on a nice pension and is currently working on a new pension at FIU and soon will be promoted to SGT, like he should of been here, that is the only thing Berger was able to do here to Stewart not promote him because Stewart spoke the truth and always stood up to Berger and refused to kiss his ass to get promoted.

07-09-2008, 04:25 PM
Yes cleaner I have been here longer than 14 years. Name some one other than Eric P. that was fired by Berger after completing probation? He always used the "if you leave on your own, I won't go after your certificate" threat on the people who were not off probation. Besides you need to learn a thing or two about the civil service rules. If you were as smart as you think that you are, you would know that our contract is NOT binding and all the city has to do is bargain in "good faith" for a year after it expires, then we would go to mediation with an arbitration board which can make recommendations but not enforce our contract either way. So in other words it is a lot easier for the city to go around and over our contract than it is to run through our civil service rules. You MORON are still FIRED!!!! You whining little beeotch!