PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Operator Shelly Walden

06-09-2008, 08:21 PM
911 Operator Shelly Walden has been honored for her actions resulting in a life SAVED. Nice work Shelly.

National group honors girl, 911 dispatcher
(Last Updated: 6/9/2008 4:00:56 PM)
A 6-year-old Englewood East girl was honored by a national group over the weekend for calling 911 when her mother suffered a diabetic emergency.

The National Emergency Number Association honored Joselyn Cherisier at a conference in Tampa Sunday, along with 911 call taker Shelly Walden and the Charlotte County Sheriff's Office 9-1-1 Communications Center. All three received "911 for Kids" national certificates.

On Oct. 18, Walden received a call from Joselyn Cherisier who told Walden that her "mommy had fainted" and needed an ambulance. She gave Walden her name, mother's name, confirmed the address and her mom's medical problem of being a diabetic with low blood sugar. According to Janet Hamilton, Charlotte County 911 administrator, Joselyn was well trained by her mother in teaching her what to do if she had a problem.

On Feb. 6, the CCSO honored Joselyn at Vineland Elementary School with a CCSO Hero Award. Walden is a retired Ohio Highway Patrol trooper and joined the CCSO in June 2006.

Hamilton submitted Joselyn's heroic deed to the "911 for Kids" operation based in California, and they chose the CCSO 911 Center, Walden and Joselyn for the national awards at the NENA conference in Tampa. NENA is based in Arlington, Va. The certificates presented were signed by actress/model Kathy Ireland, international ambassador for 911 for Kids; football greats Tim Brown, the international chairman of 911 for Kids; and Howie Long, chairman emeritus of the same organization.

Hamilton said, "The mother did the right thing in teaching Joselyn what to do in an emergency and this kind of planning should be done in every home."

The mother made a full recovery.

06-11-2008, 01:44 AM
who cares, they caused one person to die, this dont make up for it.

guest45
06-11-2008, 01:54 AM
It was not the whole dispatch center that was involved in the bad situation, it was only 3. Don't blame all of dispatch. There are good caring people that work in there. Until you put in 6 months in there, you don't have a clue of what you are talking about. Take your trash to another site.
Way to go Shelly. :D :D

06-11-2008, 10:55 AM
Take your damn negativity elsewhere. This was meant to congratulate somebody for something good. Don't be putting crap in here.

Congrats Shelly. :wink:

06-11-2008, 03:04 PM
GOOD JOB!! :D :D :D

06-12-2008, 01:41 AM
Wow congrats she didn't kill anybody. Yet

06-14-2008, 12:55 PM
Wow congrats you suck like the rest of your dispatchers that think you run the road patrol and try to give out information and never have what is needed and almost cause us to get hurt daily becuase you are too busy "stand by 10-6" bullshittttzzz you suck and take your congrats somewhere else. Go to a dispatch forum not our law enforcement forum. Fuccckkkkk dispatch, ask the Goff family for their openion. The majority of on the road feel the same way as the Goffs....

06-14-2008, 04:21 PM
Wow congrats you suck like the rest of your dispatchers that think you run the road patrol and try to give out information and never have what is needed and almost cause us to get hurt daily becuase you are too busy "stand by 10-6" bullshittttzzz you suck and take your congrats somewhere else. Go to a dispatch forum not our law enforcement forum. Fuccckkkkk dispatch, ask the Goff family for their openion. The majority of on the road feel the same way as the Goffs....

You sound very hostile and you need some mental help. If you are working the road, like you say. You shouldn't be out there with a weapon.

06-14-2008, 07:48 PM
Maybe he was hostile in the way he said it, but it needed to be said. This crap that's coming on here now is just another attempt to take away from the tragedy that happened. I think it is pretty pathetic any way you tell it. Go ahead and pat someone on the back, maybe everyone will forget what happened, Not....
Until the people who were resposible for this huge mistake are dealt with properly, this will not end. People are waiting for someone to come forward and admit what they did was wrong and deal with it. How stupid do you think we are, all Davenport has to do is go on T.V. and state what he said and that makes it right. Maybe in his world, but not in ours...
This is not about the up-coming election, even though Worch will use it to his advantage. This has to do with right and wrong, and in this line of work, you sure lose respect from all concerned when you can't tell the difference, or just choose not to.

06-15-2008, 08:47 AM
Amen. And to the Goff family - We all know dispatch is screwed up. They will get theirs someday. None of the patrol deputies respect them, they just act like they do.

06-15-2008, 12:40 PM
Maybe he was hostile in the way he said it, but it needed to be said. This crap that's coming on here now is just another attempt to take away from the tragedy that happened. I think it is pretty pathetic any way you tell it. Go ahead and pat someone on the back, maybe everyone will forget what happened, Not....
Until the people who were resposible for this huge mistake are dealt with properly, this will not end. People are waiting for someone to come forward and admit what they did was wrong and deal with it. How stupid do you think we are, all Davenport has to do is go on T.V. and state what he said and that makes it right. Maybe in his world, but not in ours...
This is not about the up-coming election, even though Worch will use it to his advantage. This has to do with right and wrong, and in this line of work, you sure lose respect from all concerned when you can't tell the difference, or just choose not to.

Nobody said anything about taking away from the tragedy suffered by the Goff family. You all need help. I'm sure road patrol is perfect. Let ask the families of the 4 killed by the IDIOT running to a 22 with NO lights or siren that killed FOUR people yes FOUR people by blowing a red light. See you all are NOT the GOD's you like to think you are and some of us DO remember your fatal faux paus as well. Operator Walden did something good and you all just keep dredging up the BS we ALL know about. BTW this is the CHARLOTTE COUNTY SHERIFFS OFFICE FORUM...last time I checked communications is a division within that organization. There was a good editorial a few weeks ago about staffing. There are simply not enough people on duty at any one time in Central to cover everything that needs to be done efficiently.

06-15-2008, 02:54 PM
[quote:28bubow2]Nobody said anything about taking away from the tragedy suffered by the Goff family. You all need help. I'm sure road patrol is perfect. Let ask the families of the 4 killed by the IDIOT running to a 22 with NO lights or siren that killed FOUR people yes FOUR people by blowing a red light. See you all are NOT the GOD's you like to think you are and some of us DO remember your fatal faux paus as well. Operator Walden did something good and you all just keep dredging up the BS we ALL know about. BTW this is the CHARLOTTE COUNTY SHERIFFS OFFICE FORUM...last time I checked communications is a division within that organization. There was a good editorial a few weeks ago about staffing. There are simply not enough people on duty at any one time in Central to cover everything that needs to be done efficiently.[/quote:28bubow2]

First of all don't undermine the Sig 22 he (BC) was responding to. Lets see, a Sig. 22 in a bar parking lot at midnight, involving one person armed with a knife. I'm sure BC wasn't thinking he was "GOD" as mentioned above, just trying to prevent a serious altercation which could have resulted in serious injury or death. Lets add in all four people killed was a result (or very contributing cause) of a driver being over double the legal limit of alcohol, and pulling directly across 41 in front of BC's approaching vehicle at midnight, with no other traffic present That's been over 20 years ago, and the intersection certainly isn't what it is today. The intersection was 776 two lanes, one east, one west, and US41 2 lanes south, 2 lanes north, with a turn lane towards Englewood. Not only was the driver over double the legal limit, but the three other passengers were also. I thought BC had his lights engaged (but stand to be corrected on that issue alone). He was approaching a green light at a speed over the limit, traveling south on 41. The light changed yellow and to red as he entered the intersection. It was the excess of the 20 mph over the posted limit policy which showed criminal negligence. As I remember his estimated speed was 78 mph as he entered the intersection, and the drunk driver pulled his vehicle across the lane and directly in his path. None the less, lessons learned for LEO and dispatch. LEO's you aren't perfect, nor is dispatch, "People make mistakes", but from what I've been reading here, there's a lack of "some" professionalism in both departments. RG if you read this, God Bless you and your family, you certainly deserve it. I have to commend you man ! (you are the example of professionalism) when said on Dateline, WE ALL made mistakes that night.

06-15-2008, 04:33 PM
[quote:3v15yt4j]Nobody said anything about taking away from the tragedy suffered by the Goff family. You all need help. I'm sure road patrol is perfect. Let ask the families of the 4 killed by the IDIOT running to a 22 with NO lights or siren that killed FOUR people yes FOUR people by blowing a red light. See you all are NOT the GOD's you like to think you are and some of us DO remember your fatal faux paus as well. Operator Walden did something good and you all just keep dredging up the BS we ALL know about. BTW this is the CHARLOTTE COUNTY SHERIFFS OFFICE FORUM...last time I checked communications is a division within that organization. There was a good editorial a few weeks ago about staffing. There are simply not enough people on duty at any one time in Central to cover everything that needs to be done efficiently.

First of all don't undermine the Sig 22 he (BC) was responding to. Lets see, a Sig. 22 in a bar parking lot at midnight, involving one person armed with a knife. I'm sure BC wasn't thinking he was "GOD" as mentioned above, just trying to prevent a serious altercation which could have resulted in serious injury or death. Lets add in all four people killed was a result (or very contributing cause) of a driver being over double the legal limit of alcohol, and pulling directly across 41 in front of BC's approaching vehicle at midnight, with no other traffic present That's been over 20 years ago, and the intersection certainly isn't what it is today. The intersection was 776 two lanes, one east, one west, and US41 2 lanes south, 2 lanes north, with a turn lane towards Englewood. Not only was the driver over double the legal limit, but the three other passengers were also. I thought BC had his lights engaged (but stand to be corrected on that issue alone). He was approaching a green light at a speed over the limit, traveling south on 41. The light changed yellow and to red as he entered the intersection. It was the excess of the 20 mph over the posted limit policy which showed criminal negligence. As I remember his estimated speed was 78 mph as he entered the intersection, and the drunk driver pulled his vehicle across the lane and directly in his path. None the less, lessons learned for LEO and dispatch. LEO's you aren't perfect, nor is dispatch, "People make mistakes", but from what I've been reading here, there's a lack of "some" professionalism in both departments. RG if you read this, God Bless you and your family, you certainly deserve it. I have to commend you man ! (you are the example of professionalism) when said on Dateline, WE ALL made mistakes that night.[/quote:3v15yt4j]

THANK YOU!! This particular post was begun just as a KUDO but individuals chose to go down the path that I unfortunately followed as well.
The individual in Central who did not follow procedure is in a state of complete denial and her co workers can barely stand to be in the same room. Her supervisors continue to turn a blind eye to the fact that after 17 years every day is like her first day. The MAJORITY of your dispatchers do a tremendous job considering the ridiculously low staffing and the tasks required of them.

06-16-2008, 01:46 AM
If i'm not mistaken BC was criminal charged. This being the correct punishment. The dispatchers involved in the Lee case did NOT.

06-16-2008, 04:20 PM
If i'm not mistaken BC was criminal charged. This being the correct punishment. The dispatchers involved in the Lee case did NOT.

I completely agree. None of my posts on here are intended to defend ANYONE in dispatch involved in the Lee case. THIS post was to say congratulations for an individual who brought POSITIVE attention to the department. The discipline doled out for the Lee debacle was WAY too lenient. Believe me when I say that the MAIN person in dispatch responsible for the mistakes made that terrible evening CONTINUES to break policy. Every day is like her first day and yet no one in the capacity to do anything will act. Her co workers cringe every time she handles a call wrong

06-17-2008, 11:51 AM
DISPATCH ****z everything up DAILY and they need to be recognized for that. They are civilians that think they have some high level of power that they do not.

06-17-2008, 02:11 PM
DISPATCH ****z everything up DAILY and they need to be recognized for that. They are civilians that think they have some high level of power that they do not.

To think this mentality carries a gun....

06-17-2008, 04:02 PM

Brother there are idiots in every unit within the SO. Some LEOs are included in the "idiot" catagory. Im not defending dispatch because we all know there are idiots in dispatch as well, but you need to take a chill pill.

We as an organization need to recognize positive outcomes like the one mentioned in the original post. FAR FAR too often those who deserve "ata boys" never get them... This is something we really need to correct IMO.

That is my biggest problem with this agency. Everyone seems to always remember the negative things (especially when it comes to eval time) and almsot never are we recognized for positive things, which is wrong. And you sir are only adding fuel to the fire.

06-17-2008, 07:18 PM

Brother there are idiots in every unit within the SO. Some LEOs are included in the "idiot" catagory. Im not defending dispatch because we all know there are idiots in dispatch as well, but you need to take a chill pill.

We as an organization need to recognize positive outcomes like the one mentioned in the original post. FAR FAR too often those who deserve "ata boys" never get them... This is something we really need to correct IMO.

That is my biggest problem with this agency. Everyone seems to always remember the negative things (especially when it comes to eval time) and almsot never are we recognized for positive things, which is wrong. And you sir are only adding fuel to the fire.

I totally agree. It was a nice gesture to thank her and it was turned into something ugly. We are suppose to be professionals, but we act like we are still in high school. How old are you anyway? Maybe we need to start hiring more mature people to do the job.

06-18-2008, 02:08 AM
Everyone of you are pieces of Shitzzzz or u would not be on this web site anyways. All this site is is a rumor - talk shitttt site. No one needs to recognize anything dispatch does, they suck... Get on with life.

06-18-2008, 03:23 AM
Everyone of you are pieces of Shitzzzz or u would not be on this web site anyways. All this site is is a rumor - talk shitttt site. No one needs to recognize anything dispatch does, they suck... Get on with life.

Identify yourself you little gutless turd.

06-18-2008, 12:05 PM

You might need dispatch to save your life someday, because you will need back up. And for your sake, I hope you are saved.

06-18-2008, 12:19 PM
Everyone of you are pieces of Shitzzzz or u would not be on this web site anyways.

So what would you call yourself since youre also on this site? Youre an idiot.

06-18-2008, 02:07 PM
dispatch kills people in Charlotte, they dont save lives