PDA

View Full Version : 4-10 Shifts

06-08-2008, 06:37 AM
I think the FIU PD should consider switching from its current 5-8 shift system to a 4-10 shift system (10-hour shifts at 4 days a week as opposed to 8-hour shifts 5 days a week) for officers, dispatchers, PSTs, and staff. FIU is already trying out a 4-day work week for the summer with all its other employees, and it seems to be a success. This would cause schedules to over-lap, which is good especially for those times when calls come in between shift changes. Also having 3 days off instead of 2 would be a big improvement. But alas, the Chief in the last mandatory meeting wasn't too keen on that idea.

Opinions???

07-31-2008, 04:36 PM
Hey guys just wanted to let you know that we just got the 4/10.
We thanks our administration and Slesnick for their comprehension.
Saving money to the City and we are spending more time with the family.
Good luck to you brothers in blue, and I hope your Chief support you.

mod 484
08-01-2008, 02:07 AM
Hey guys just wanted to let you know that we just got the 4/10.
We thanks our administration and Slesnick for their comprehension.
Saving money to the City and we are spending more time with the family.
Good luck to you brothers in blue, and I hope your Chief support you.

Well brother in blue, if you find the chief let me know....does he still work here?

08-03-2008, 05:29 AM
JB what happen at the meeting I though you told the chief to give us the 4-10 hours shift. Did the chief read the e mail that you were tired of the cookie cutter bull s--t. JB keep fighting for the new guys and dont take s--t from the chief or the other supervisors.

08-03-2008, 09:26 PM
I like 8 hour shift. I hope the chief keeps the 8 hours shift. More then 8 hour work is to hard

08-04-2008, 09:56 AM
I WOULD LOVE TO GIVE YOU 4 10'S BUT DUE TO THE FACT THAT WE HAVE A FORCE THAT ABUSES SICK TIME AND ALREADY COST US AN ARM AND A LEG ON A CONSTANT BASIS I CANT JUSTIFY 4-10'S. ENJOY YOUR 5 DAY WORK WEEK.

08-04-2008, 05:50 PM
I WOULD LOVE TO GIVE YOU 4 10'S BUT DUE TO THE FACT THAT WE HAVE A FORCE THAT ABUSES SICK TIME AND ALREADY COST US AN ARM AND A LEG ON A CONSTANT BASIS I CANT JUSTIFY 4-10'S. ENJOY YOUR 5 DAY WORK WEEK.

cute. sick time is abused at this department and i can't stand it. at my old department 3 call outs in a year got the vultures circling. but ask yourself why people abuse it here? its because no one here has backbone enough to do anything about it? look into it, 4 / 10 reduces call outs. and "chief", while i have your attention, go f-yourself. :evil:

08-09-2008, 12:16 PM

Funny...

On a serious note though, take a look at all the departments, agencies, and other places who have switched to 4-10 shifts and/or a 4-day work week in general. It SAVES money! It saves on gas for having to come into work, and it saves on resources not having to be used as often. I dunno about the rest of you, but for me personally, I'd gladly work 2 extra hours a week if it meant an extra full day off!