PDA

View Full Version : Hiring process/Ride-a-long

navyvet
06-08-2008, 12:45 AM
Hi,
Im in the hiring process with your department and I am anxiously awaiting the call to continue. I completed the oral board and had called the recruiter to schedule a ride a long but unfortunately he told me I would have to wait? I'm curious on how you guys operate and how the city really is on any given night..I know it will be nothing less than an eye opener as to what the city is like, and also a good indication on what to expect if I am hired. I have done ride a longs with Hollywood and FLPD..again just curious as to how you guys take care of business.

06-08-2008, 07:10 PM
If you want to see the true hill, ride along at night with either Officer Wilson or Officer Iweskewuxcz (something like that).

If you are forced to ride during the day, try to get Officer Lagrasta. Otherwise, You'll spend 12 hours either eating or dodging calls.

Good Luck!

06-09-2008, 01:24 AM
soooo i guess since your not one of the mentioned officers all you do is eat and dodge calls !!! Your an ass.

06-09-2008, 09:04 PM
speaking of red rooster, i heard that command offered willson the permanent street crimes position and that he turned it down????? Is this true and if so, WHAT THE $%$%$?????????

06-09-2008, 10:27 PM
Awww guess I hurt Lagrasta's feelings by my last post. Truth hurts!

06-09-2008, 11:24 PM
You can't be too much better, if you have resorted to talking B.S. about him on a website. You too scared to say it to his face because he is more likely bigger than you you chicken.

06-09-2008, 11:30 PM
If you want to see the true hill, ride along at night with either Officer Wilson or Officer Iweskewuxcz (something like that).

If you are forced to ride during the day, try to get Officer Lagrasta. Otherwise, You'll spend 12 hours either eating or dodging calls.

Good Luck!Listen rook, get like 2 years under your belt, work with the other 30-40 officers on their shift rotations then you can talk. You are talking crap about a whole lot of cops that you know nothing about. All you know is your precious god willson whom you worship and probably dream about at night. Try working days once and let me know if you get a chance to eat or dodge calls, remember the calls start at around 1000 and dont stop until 1800 when you go 10-8.

navyvet
06-10-2008, 12:41 AM
I really apologize for the thread. Didnt mean to stir anything up. I am just very anxious to begin a career in law enforcement. I was in the Navy as my screen name indicates and I remember how we used to complain and/or compare each others work ethic, performance..etc. I guess things are the same every where you go...That being said, I dont know what to really expect, but I'm up for the challenge. I'm really looking forward to the opportunity to serve with you guys/gals. Take care.

06-10-2008, 01:37 AM
Real nice LHPD,

why do we always have to turn a positive post into a no good for nothing bash...

Even for the first reply, no need to point out who to ride along with.... I am sure that the shift Sgts know exactly who to place the ride alongs with......

its not the city or the department, its the people you work with that makes it or breaks it.....

06-10-2008, 02:41 AM
Dear NavyVet

On behalf of my fellow officers, Im sorry you had to be subjected to this. Lauderhill PD has a lot to offer and if you are a "quality candidate" we welcome you to ride along with us if the command staff will allow you to do so. No matter what department you join, I wish you the best of luck and thank you for the time you spent serving our country.

06-10-2008, 11:39 PM
Oh please I am no rookie and I most def am not afraid of him. Anyone who listens to during the daytime hours knows who works and who doesnt. Granted the mentioned crybaby works, well more like he does only what he wants to do, but sounds like a complete moron in the process. Anyone talking crap about AW has no right to say anything about my commenting on JL when you didnt bother to leave you name either. NavyVet, Willson is one of the best if not the best, dont listen to anyone tell you any diff. If you get hired here, you would be lucky to get him as an FTO and you will see what I am talking about. Good luck.

06-10-2008, 11:41 PM
And I can name plenty of DAY SHIFT officers who dodge calls..but I wont even go there.....dont act like its not possible....it happens all day long.

06-11-2008, 12:36 AM
Since you like AW so much, he is single and since your on his d--- soooo much anyways, why not just finsh the job...Dont get me wrong, i like AW, but give it a brake already...There are many good officers here and some of the ones who drag ass are just run down from years of getting dogged! Ask some of the offciers about there past before you talk. But back to the original topic, I can name at least two offciers from each squad that are "great" and then at least three or four more who are "good". Work on all squads with all officers then make an opion and keep it to yourself!

06-12-2008, 12:52 AM
wow, very classy.....btw, it should be 'give it a BREAK...' not 'brake' and it should be 'ask some of the OFFICERS about THEIR past...' not 'there'--- you retard!!!! ALSO, please learn to spell OFFICERS and OPINION correctly, especially since you are probably one..........someone needs a dictionary and a report writing class!!!!! I can understand being 'dogged' but guess what----its your job, thats what you get paid to do, so get over it!

06-12-2008, 02:58 PM
you will learn one day what were talking about, that is if you stick around long enough! Then well see if you are putting officers down. Your just one of the many young officers here that think they have it all figured out to only have your own world come crashing down on you one day and then what? Walk in one's shoes kid... You have no idea what its like to have the PD make all kinds of promises to you to only have them turn there back on you and not even let you know why. The resent promotions are a perfect example or even better ask our bike cop that is now on A. L. if all his hard work is worth it. Could sit here and point out several more but why, we all know how it works by now!

06-12-2008, 07:13 PM
you will learn one day what were talking about, that is if you stick around long enough! Then well see if you are putting officers down. Your just one of the many young officers here that think they have it all figured out to only have your own world come crashing down on you one day and then what? Walk in one's shoes kid... You have no idea what its like to have the PD make all kinds of promises to you to only have them turn there back on you and not even let you know why. The resent promotions are a perfect example or even better ask our bike cop that is now on A. L. if all his hard work is worth it. Could sit here and point out several more but why, we all know how it works by now!

Crap man, I hate to see your alphas and PC's...Learn how to spell and use proper grammer!!!

Their - refers to a person
there - refers to a location
And what is that word RESENT when you refer to the promotions? Do you mean RECENT?

You have a hard time here because you can't write your way out of a bag.....

06-12-2008, 07:35 PM
lol....who said i have a hard time here? I might be your next sgt.!!!

06-12-2008, 08:58 PM
Remember if your in-cop-itant enuff, you might get pro-moted to Capt.

06-12-2008, 09:40 PM
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who said I was a rookie, you are just A$$uming!!! "YOUR JUST...." should read "You're" or "You are".....wow someone get this 'kid' a dictionary, a thesaraus, and some English classes please!!!! Or at least take THEIR computer from them so they can't embarass the department anymore!!! Way too many other grammar errors.....

06-12-2008, 11:32 PM
***DANGER***
You people are getting baited into a debate with someone that no one can win against. Whoever this person is, they are so tough behind the keyboard that they don't need to let anyone know who they are. This person is a nameless coward with nothing constructive to say. You are free to voice an opinion but it is evident that your intention is only to anger and annoy anyone you can. This intention most likely stems from your inability to perform your job correctly and that frustrates you to the point where you lash out at everyone else who is talented. You are disappointed with yourself because you are inadequate and you know it. On the back of your Humana card is a number for mental health services. Call it and find someone to talk to.

I urge everyone to refrain from entertaining this whacko with any future posts. Please for the good of our department do not respond to this person. In anticipation of you pointing out the fact that I posted anonymously also, I want to point out that I am not dragging anyones name through the mud. If I had an opinion or complaint about someone, I am adult enough to say it to their face rather than behind a keyboard like some wimp. Lagrasta can handle your criticizm, so I suggest you grow a pair and tell him how you feel. Maybe, it will make him change the way he does things for the better.

06-12-2008, 11:34 PM
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who said I was a rookie, you are just A$$uming!!! "YOUR JUST...." should read "You're" or "You are".....wow someone get this 'kid' a dictionary, a thesaraus, and some English classes please!!!! Or at least take THEIR computer from them so they can't embarass the department anymore!!! Way too many other grammar errors.....Oh yes and stop pointing out everyone's mistakes, I am 100% sure that you are not perfect unless you are God.

06-13-2008, 10:01 PM
Never said I was perfect but I know how to write like I, at least, graduated high school. Funny that you know where that number is, huh! And sounds like you at least acknowledge that he needs to "change the way he does things for the better."

06-14-2008, 03:08 AM
I WORK FOR A PD IN PASCO COUNTY AND CHECK OUT PD'S ALL OVER THE STATE OF FLORIDA AS I DO RANDOM SURVEYS ON THE PDS. LEO AFFAIRS IS AWAY I CHECK ON WHATS BEING SAID AND HOW EVERYTHING IS GOING IN THE PD. FROM LOOKING AT THIS SITE, I HAVE NEVER SEEN SO MUCH BASHING AND TRASH TALKING AS MUCH ON THIS SITE. I HAVE CHECKED OUT EVERYONES SITE FROM THE FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS TO BSO TO JSO UP IN JACKSONVILLE AND I WOULD HAVE TO SAY THAT I WOULD RANK LAUDERHILL AS # 1, GENTLEMAN, GIVE IT A REST. IT IS TERRIBLE. GET A GRIP. THIS SITE IS SUPPOST TO BE FOR COMMUNICATING NOT FOR BASHING. I MEAN SERIOUSLY I WAS READING THIS POST AND YOUR TELLING THIS MALE WHO YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO TO RIDE IT. THAT IS THE SERGEANTS JOB. I KNOW IN 27 YEARS AS A LEO OFFICER, POLICE CHIEF, THAT WHEN A RIDE ALONG, OR ROOKIE, WALKS INTO A ROLL CALL ROOM, THAT THE SGT DECIDES TO PUT HIM WHERE HE WANTS AND THAT THE PERSON DOESN'T ASK OR SAY ANYTHING. LAUDERHILL POLICE DEPARTMENT IN BROWARD WAKE UP, THIS IS THE WORST BASHING I HAVE SEEN IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA ON LEO AFFAIRS, YOU ARE RANKED 1 AND THATS NOT SOMETHING TO BE PROUD OF.

navyvet
06-14-2008, 04:42 AM
Well as the person who started this thread, I would like to close it by saying that I was not given an opportunity to continue in the process. For what specific reason, I dont know. The good news is I will be employed by the largest police department in the country. I appreciate everyone's comments regardless if they were good or bad. It has really shown me that this career looks alot better when on the outside looking in, and its a totally different beast once you have crossed over. All of you in some way shape or form have expressed your opinions about many different issues and again I am greatful to have some insight on what to expect when it is my turn. Good luck to you all!! I hope each and every one of you are able to enjoy the fruits of your labor once it is all said and done and those sweet pension checks are rolling in like clock work. Well be safe and God Bless!! 8)

MOD 426
06-15-2008, 12:41 AM
Sorry "Navyvet", there is one, maybe two people in our department who are completely unprofessional. I am sorry you could not finish the process with us, but I am glad to see that you got hired somewhere. I am embarassed about that officer's bashing comments to say the least. Please understand that Lauderhill PD is packed with the best officers that the State of Florida has to offer. They truly are very talented. It appears that this officer only visits this site to start trouble and it shows in his work ethic too. I hope that you do not make your opinion of us based on that one bad apple. Good luck with your career.

06-15-2008, 01:18 PM
Hmm anyone reading this post can tell there is more than one person doing the bashing...