PDA

View Full Version : NEW LT.'S

06-07-2008, 05:30 PM
So what do you guys think about the new Lt's? It should be vary intresting over the next few months with the changes going on with new Lt's and Sgt's....

Vic Makey
06-07-2008, 08:47 PM
Folks don't get baited into this ... we all know where these posts go! Let's not respond to this because it will go right to a bashing.

06-09-2008, 02:06 AM
THIS NEEDS TO BE SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a shame that B Gordon got the shaft in this round of promotions. How this city could pass him over is beyond me. But then again, this city is not exactly run properly and neither is this PD. What a sad, sad showing of trust and faith, they just gave him the shaft without an ounce of decency, they just threw him a bone as after thought. Gordon was one of the best choices, if not THE BEST CHOICE, for this postion and yet he wasnt even choosen. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????????????? I dont know how many of you feel, but this should show you alot about how your department treats its better officers. But then again, anyone whos work in this hell-hole should already know this. Sorry, MG, you may not agree but that needed to be said.

06-10-2008, 11:43 PM
How sad that not one of you all have bothered to come on here and show Gordon your support. You sadden and disappoint me! I can only imagine how he feels.

06-25-2008, 03:34 AM
How sad that not one of you all have bothered to come on here and show Gordon your support. You sadden and disappoint me! I can only imagine how he feels.

Sorry to burst your bubble..but I think being selected for the Lt's position requires you to come to work at best! Let's just say he may want to start with that....

06-25-2008, 04:27 PM
You're right, fighting for your country oversea's is no reason for not coming to work. Your an idiot!!!

06-26-2008, 01:35 AM

Sorry to burst your bubble..but I think being selected for the Lt's position requires you to come to work at best! Let's just say he may want to start with that....You are right, and it should also require you to know how to be a sergeant first. It is a well known fact that Gordon is the best sergeant in LH and it is a dern shame the admin foolishly overlooked him for that position. It is obvious that you never worked for him when he was a road sergeant and FYI, you missed out.

06-26-2008, 05:47 PM
Mod 426, please remove this thread. It is a shame that it came to that. Sgt Gordon is a war hero and one of the best Sgt's around (if not the best); and Im not including Lauderhill only!!!

Amazing how stupid people can be!!!!!

06-26-2008, 09:30 PM
Dont remove this thread please! ALL EXCEPT FOR ONE DUMBA$$ has left comments in his favor. I know how he feels about this and I think it would be great if this department would come out IN SUPPORT OF HIM, please give those who have any clue about how awesome he is, the chance to have their say. For the moron who made the shitty comment, by all means WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO TO IRAQ so that he can come to work everyday, YOU JERK?? I thought not. Coward, why dont you leave your name since you talk so big!

06-28-2008, 02:29 AM
First off I would like to publicly thank all of you who have called me, posted here or pulled me aside to express your support for me during and after the Lieutenant's Promotion Process. It has meant alot to me that there are great number of officers, and more than I ever thought who believe that I would do well in that position.

For the individual who wants to comment about my "attendance" I politely request that you come see me and I will show you pictures of all the lovely places that I have been while away on military duty. There was plenty of beach, but somehow I missed the water. You have your right to express your opinion of me and I gladly defend that right and will do so again if called upon. If you would like to leave your family behind for a year just go out to the 1400 block of SR 7 and pick a recruiter.

The bigger issue here is not whether I was promoted or not. The agency has needed change and a lot of officers demanded change, well you got it. I may not agree with some of those changes, but then again I do not know all the issues faced by the Command Staff.

What is important now is that you as members of the agency support those that were selected for lieutenant. This will not be easy for any of them as what we as an institution knew of the position of lieutenant is no more. The duties and responsibilities will be drastically changed and there will be a greater amount of accountability of them and in turn it will go all the way down to the sergeants and officers. I view this change as positive and it must be given the opportunity to grow and develop in order to function properly. Cutting the knees out from under these changes will do nothing but make things worse.

I also feel that everything happens for a reason. I was not selected, but I was moved to a position of trust in the agency. It is a great responsibility that has been placed on me in this role and I look forward to the challenges that come with it. And if you wonder how I will be in that position, well go ask anyone that worked for me when I was assigned to Patrol or Traffic and they will fill you in. My style of leadership and work ethic has not changed since I was an FTO. You will always know where I am coming from and I pull no punches. I am not a "Yes" man and I will tell you like it is. There have been numerous occasions where I have put the needs of the agency before my own. How many others do you know can say that? I have been here for a long time and have seen all the changes our agency has gone through and in the end it has always been for the best.

Again, I challenge each of you to give your support to the agency and the Command Staff and make the changes that are coming positive and worthwhile for all of us. If any of you who don't know me that well and have only heard stories from others all you got to do is come up and talk to me. Plus if you see me in the morning with a cup of coffee in my hand then you will know that it is safe to do so!

Sgt. W. Gordon

06-28-2008, 11:59 PM
Well said BG!

07-02-2008, 11:15 PM
You know I am reading this BG, I am not the one who posted that comment. I would have to admit that was a nasty comment. You are a jerk whoever posted that comment. But I would really have to say to you, why are you even posting on here entertaining a stupid comment like that, or answering to a comment like that. Who cares what some jerk wrote. Come on man, why even post back, if people want to talk, let them talk, there the real idiot not you and you know that. I wouldn't even entertain this. I'll be honest with you. I do checkout LEO affairs alot and I never ever post on here. This is my first post but I read to see the amazing stupid stuff that guys post on here and see how pothetic it is and how childish it is. It is like a bunch of babys. You defending your name, adam willson defending his name, and the rest of the people defending there names. Think about it, who really cares. This is not meant as an insult to you, or any other of my fellow brothers at Lauderhill PD, it is just being a little constructive, I am laughing on how stupid some of the these people sound. The more you write, the more the 5th grader with the 5th grade education is going to post.

07-02-2008, 11:21 PM
WAY TO GO GORDAN I AM SURE MIKE C AND RHAMES ARE READING THIS, MAYBE THEY WILL PROMOTE YOU SINCE YOU SOUNDED SO GOOD WITH YOUR SPEECH. YOU MAKE IT WANNA SOUND LIKE YOUR NOT MAD. YOU DON'T IMPRESS ME EVEN WHEN I WORKED FOR YOU ON THE ROAD.

07-03-2008, 03:50 AM
WAY TO GO GORDAN I AM SURE MIKE C AND RHAMES ARE READING THIS, MAYBE THEY WILL PROMOTE YOU SINCE YOU SOUNDED SO GOOD WITH YOUR SPEECH. YOU MAKE IT WANNA SOUND LIKE YOUR NOT MAD. YOU DON'T IMPRESS ME EVEN WHEN I WORKED FOR YOU ON THE ROAD.You know what doosh, judging by your comment, you either never really worked for him or you were completely incompetent when you did. If you feel like making someone angry, go kick over an ant pile or stick your head in a bee hive. The truth here is that Sgt. Gordon came on here with a positive message about a negative situation to help keep the command staff in a good light. Sgt. Gordon does not have to come here and defend himself because 119 out of the 120 sworn in Lauderhill would do that for him. He is one of the best supervisors we have in any capacity. Where ever he goes, anyone under or above him benefit a lot. So go with your ALL CAPS and badd speling to a report writing class. :oops: Embarassing...

07-03-2008, 09:47 PM
Wow, same idiot posting again, trying to trash Gordon. Dude you are so far off on this one, give it up. Hmmm I can guess as to who this is but it's not worth mentioning the name. You should just keep your trap shut. He's a war hero, even if you don't care for him, SHOW SOME RESPECT!