PDA

View Full Version : town admin

06-07-2008, 11:56 AM
sunsentinel article on ken cohen being fired or "let go" on friday.....isnt it odd that the fire chief is the acting asst town admin??

06-08-2008, 02:39 AM
Can't say I feel bad for him. With over 80% of the police department asking for J.G's removal he still kept him on board.

This Shimun guy is cleaning house.

06-08-2008, 07:23 PM
yup its really looking like pines north at this point

06-08-2008, 11:51 PM
it will when they get rid of some of the higher ranking supervisors who will be gone by the time the new asst is in place

06-09-2008, 01:12 PM
it will when they get rid of some of the higher ranking supervisors who will be gone by the time the new asst is in place

you mean the new majors (or the old capts)

06-14-2008, 06:04 PM
Can't say I feel bad for him. With over 80% of the police department asking for J.G's removal he still kept him on board.

Ken Cohen had absolutely no power in that decision. He was told by the ostrich-like Council to keep him. Cohen dealt with us honorably. I don't know about all of his other dealings, but he was straight up with the PD during that time and at negotiations.

The 80% number is misleading. Yes 80% of all cops wanted JG's removal by the vote, but it was 90% of those who voted that requested his removal. There were a few that chose not to vote. It can be assumed that they either did not want to get in trouble, or were indifferent. If they supported him they would have voted to keep him. It was a landslide either way, but it was the Council with their ridiculously uninformed opinions that voted to keep him. This is mainly because they received personal service from him whenever they had a minor issue.

06-21-2008, 01:33 AM

Ken Cohen had absolutely no power in that decision. He was told by the ostrich-like Council to keep him. Cohen dealt with us honorably. I don't know about all of his other dealings, but he was straight up with the PD during that time and at negotiations.

The 80% number is misleading. Yes 80% of all cops wanted JG's removal by the vote, but it was 90% of those who voted that requested his removal. There were a few that chose not to vote. It can be assumed that they either did not want to get in trouble, or were indifferent. If they supported him they would have voted to keep him. It was a landslide either way, but it was the Council with their ridiculously uninformed opinions that voted to keep him. This is mainly because they received personal service from him whenever they had a minor issue.

And that is different from what, things are the same. Do not kid yourself. PL is a GREAT new Chief, but he can only do so much.

06-21-2008, 11:16 PM
the sun sentinel had an article on our fearless female councilor demanding the t admin to be fired asap......then she called jg and asked if a few units could respond and remove soem squirrels from her attic