PDA

View Full Version : Lying led to French fry officer's resignation

NewsHound
06-06-2008, 02:20 PM
CLEARWATER — The Clearwater police officer who arrested a 75-year-old woman at a McDonald's drive-through resigned after lying to supervisors, according to an internal affairs report released Thursday.

The investigation had nothing to do with Jean Merola, whom Officer Matthew Parco arrested on Jan. 17 after her car blocked his as she waited for an order of unsalted french fries.

Instead, it concerned allegations that Parco, 30, behaved inappropriately on March 29 when responding to a child custody call. Witnesses told investigators that he:

• Offered a 15-year-old girl chewing tobacco.

• Demonstrated his Taser for the teen, firing it into the windshield of his cruiser.

• Showed her a computer video of a cow being Tasered.

Click Here for Full Article (http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/article609711.ece)

06-07-2008, 04:51 AM
Just can't do that stuff when you are a police officer. Shame that some senseless lies may have cost him his career.

06-07-2008, 07:25 PM
He was quiting anyway and getting out of LE. Dumb mistake but was going to leave CPD after the trial.

06-07-2008, 10:57 PM
That is all bs and anyone who knows Parco from CPD knows it is. Parco was a good cop. And quit because he WOULDN'T lie. Everyone wants to berate him and other LEO's merely on that statements of asshat people rather than fact. Few backed him before when the Merola case case first started. Then, after the witness statements and video came out everyone backed him. Same scenario here.

06-09-2008, 06:03 PM
Offered a 15-year-old girl chewing tobacco.
Well....did she "Look 18" :)...maybe she was from North Florida..and Does Chew....
I bet he was just kidding around......

• Demonstrated his Taser for the teen, firing it into the windshield of his cruiser.
Yea... the last time a cruiser windshield was " fired at" was when Pownall accidentally put a shotgun round through...it.... and then he was promoted to Sgt.

• Showed her a computer video of a cow being Tasered.
....he should have just told her to go to You Tube and search it On Her Own......

06-09-2008, 10:52 PM
Hahaha...good ol' "Rodney Ramjet". Does anyone know whatever became of Ron Pownall??

06-13-2008, 06:23 PM
and now the fries lady's case will be throw out due to his history of lies.

06-13-2008, 10:41 PM
I bet the DriveThruLadies attorney hired the 15 year old tabacco chewing teen to Frame Parco ........HAHAHa...wow.....Is This A Great Country Or What... ! :)

06-13-2008, 10:42 PM
Ahhh I do not see anywhere that the officer had a history of lies. And bother way, you need to pay more attention...the case is not being thrown out. It is proceeding to trial. Stop posting things you know nothing about. Another words stop being ignorant.

06-14-2008, 06:44 PM
It wasn't Rodney that blew out the window in a cruiser, that was Kattel. Rodney had a accidental discharge in the training trailer. Memories!!!

Lenny Briscoe
06-14-2008, 07:49 PM
And what about Lenny M. and the East Substation ceiling!!! LOLOL

06-16-2008, 01:38 PM
Trivia For Today....what (recently retired officer within the last few years) was told that the New PD Building was going to have a Pool in it, and he inquired about a City Lifeguard Position.....? ahahh and he also helped a Car Theft Suspect PUSH a stolen car out of the road....hahahh and has

06-16-2008, 07:52 PM
Aw Heck, I don't know.

06-17-2008, 12:43 AM
GOOD one, anyone else got one??. This is better than alot of the crap posted on this site.

06-17-2008, 02:02 AM
Who remembers the now ranking officer, then a fairly new officer, who crashed their car at the beach some 20+ years ago in front of a large crowd of witnesses? The kicker is the roads were closed for a parade and one of the "witnesses" to the accident was an extremely pissed off Circuit Judge. The Judge was pissed off because in his words the officer was "fing off."

06-18-2008, 05:51 PM
O.K. Who was the short, brush cut officer that killed his comm center g-friend in a newly built home in the Lake St George area? Anyone? I believe he remains on death row, not sure.

06-18-2008, 08:14 PM
O.K. Who was the short, brush cut officer that killed his comm center g-friend in a newly built home in the Lake St George area? Anyone? I believe he remains on death row, not sure.

I was wondering if anyone would bring this one up. Wasn't he a K-9 Officer? Or was there another officer with the same last name that was a K-9 Officers? I believe he's still on death row. Never heard of his sentence being reduced. I know he hasn't been put to death. If he had, we would have all heard about that.

06-18-2008, 08:34 PM
[quote="Early 80's":3ey2804c]O.K. Who was the short, brush cut officer that killed his comm center g-friend in a newly built home in the Lake St George area? Anyone? I believe he remains on death row, not sure.

I was wondering if anyone would bring this one up. Wasn't he a K-9 Officer? Or was there another officer with the same last name that was a K-9 Officers? I believe he's still on death row. Never heard of his sentence being reduced. I know he hasn't been put to death. If he had, we would have all heard about that.[/quote:3ey2804c]

He may have had a polish last name...I was in my teens and an explorer at the time...we can name him,,,he's a murderer for christ sake

06-18-2008, 09:18 PM
[quote="Early 80's":19oogkgg]O.K. Who was the short, brush cut officer that killed his comm center g-friend in a newly built home in the Lake St George area? Anyone? I believe he remains on death row, not sure.

I was wondering if anyone would bring this one up. Wasn't he a K-9 Officer? Or was there another officer with the same last name that was a K-9 Officers? I believe he's still on death row. Never heard of his sentence being reduced. I know he hasn't been put to death. If he had, we would have all heard about that.[/quote:19oogkgg]

I stand corrected, he is now serving life. I guess it got lowered at some point. I remember there were 2 officers with the same last name, I think the taller one was the K-9 Officer back then.

(The "I Was There" User Name, was only to say that I was at the "Crash" I spoke about in that original post I made. It has nothing to do with this case at all.)

06-18-2008, 11:43 PM
He was a short K-9 officer with a bad attitude, Steve Anderson, I believe. Killed his live in girlfriend Kincaid over an argument over the sprinklers hitting a car. Dressed her in her comm ctr uniform but forgot to put on the collar brass. You guys are easy.

06-18-2008, 11:50 PM
He was a short K-9 officer with a bad attitude, Steve Anderson, I believe. Killed his live in girlfriend Kincaid over an argument over the sprinklers hitting a car. Dressed her in her comm ctr uniform but forgot to put on the collar brass. You guys are easy.

It was Steve Anderson, I looked him up on the DOC site earlier to help me make sure of the first name. I knew it was Anderson, but I knew there was 2 Andersons back then. When I looked him up on DOC, that's when I found out he's now serving life, instead of facing the Death Penalty.

06-18-2008, 11:55 PM
Yea.. he went to work and drove around in his cruiser with his overheads on......Anyone heard about when Steve Burch was walking out of the Old PD and a drunk homeless guy ran into him on a bicycle and Steve arrested him for DUI..or how about that one time when a lady expired at home from natural causes and the husband loaded her body into the car and drove her to the OLD CPD....

06-19-2008, 12:07 AM

Anderson had Napolean complex. Wasn't just about the sprinklers, he thought she was stepping out on him.

06-19-2008, 04:24 PM
Yea.. he went to work and drove around in his cruiser with his overheads on......Anyone heard about when Steve Burch was walking out of the Old PD and a drunk homeless guy ran into him on a bicycle and Steve arrested him for DUI..or how about that one time when a lady expired at home from natural causes and the husband loaded her body into the car and drove her to the OLD CPD....

I forgot all about that one! I was working mid-nights in the Comm Ctr at the time, and around 4 or 5am, the TRU at the front desk called upstairs because she needed an officer to come to the station as there was a dead lady sitting out in a car out front. I remember questioning her about it, and she said "I don't know, some old guy just walked in and said his wife is dead out in the car!"

As we left after our shift that day, she was still 'sitting' out there and he was in being questioned by **** Howard I believe.

06-20-2008, 12:03 PM
Yea, and they loaded the lady and the car up on a flat bed and transported the entire crime scene to the coroners office. Probably not the way she wanted to go - out.