PDA

View Full Version : Stupidvisors (KRPD)

06-06-2008, 12:43 AM
I have a question does anyone else have or had a stupidvisor that is still stuck in the old ways? The supervisor (kissimme river crew) thinks that things are still in the 1980's. Every pay period you better have 25% water patrol, that if a violation does not happen on the Kissimme River area then you better not even look at it. He has had so many transfers out of his crew that it is a constant relvolving door most spend of year of dealing with his narrow minded stuff then they are gone, but just transfer to a conecting area to get away from him. he and the Capt are friends so he can do nothing wrong. the stupidvisor also spends 65+ hours every 2 weeks 111 at his 10-42, checking CAD looking for something to write his officers up for. He then gets on the officers about their handwriting when his looks like a 2nd grader. Higher's are told and nothing happens.

06-06-2008, 12:56 AM
there are lt's like that everywhere,they find a comfort zone and stay in it,just a fact of life,it happens in the private secter as well. it sucks but it is what it is. it is almost like people who make rank are coated in teflon. i had supervisers that simply just make the wrong decision and you can't say a word to them and i had others that i couldn't wait to see. i will tell you this,you sound like a young officer(5 years are less)one thing that i found that will get lt's off your butt is to strictly adhere to the GO's and write everything down in front of them.let them know your doing it. now three things will happen.
1 he will leave you alone and avoid you(great)
2 he will take offense to it and try to prove he is a beeter man(not so great)
3 it will make him so damn mad that he will do something stupid and put himself in a bad position along with the agency that something is bound happen(hold on)
either way,like i said it is what it is blow some smoke up his butt and everything should be fineswallow a little pride and it will make your day alot better and if you handwriting sucks then type everything,they still have to pay you for the time.

06-06-2008, 11:46 AM
Sounds like (JA). We've all heard the stories about him and (DK)

gator killer
06-06-2008, 10:50 PM
yep thats (JA) i use to work for him. WORST supervisor in the state transfer as soon as you can.

06-07-2008, 12:08 AM
There is no reason to use full names on this site (initials work). Please remember many people do read these posts and they are not L/E.

MOD 505
06-07-2008, 01:31 AM
Like Steelbeach said lets use initials not full names. Thanks
I adjusted the two previous posts to reflect the subjects initials.
Lets keep our site professional.

06-07-2008, 11:14 PM
Didn't that second Lt. demote and then retire because he was having a relationship with a female officer.

06-08-2008, 04:52 PM
Both of those individuals have run off many a good officer. For some reason they have been allowed to stay around and cost our agency 10's of thousands of wasted dollars in training.

There must be some good old boy system at work.

gator killer
06-12-2008, 04:53 PM
dk is gone now retired last month

06-12-2008, 10:47 PM
One down. There seems to be a common denominator in almost all cases of bad supervisors. The GFC. Now, I know that will stir up controversy just by saying it but there is a lot of truth to it. Chickensh%t IAs and mileage restrictions when no one else is on them and shoddy equipment because you can't get it fixed and backstabbing. It just seems to happen more on the old green side.

06-12-2008, 11:09 PM
I hope you guys print this stuff so you can look at it in 20 years and laugh at yourselves.

06-17-2008, 07:07 PM
As to the person who posted this reply, this Agency is a disgrace to what it is suppose to stand for. The very big problem is that it is not a laughing matter!!

06-24-2008, 03:51 AM
MOD 505, please put a block on anymore replies for this post. Time to move on.

06-24-2008, 01:36 PM
MOD 505, please put a block on anymore replies for this post. Time to move on.

Yes Mod 505, please stop this insanity! We wouldn't want to call these bad supervisors to the carpet for all the crap they have done over the years. Let's continue to let them ruin officers careers and lives by forcing them to transfer from where the want to live and work just to get away from their supervisor. NOT! The only thing that needs to move on is the bad supervisor.

06-24-2008, 04:06 PM
i agree, it's just not one supervisor ther are several the agency will never demote someone for being a bad supervisor but watch out if your .1 miles outside of your living area. you are demoted. what a crock this place would be a better work environment if you could go to work and not have to worry about what new stupid form or detail your supervior came up with. i thought that we had to have all forms used within the DLE had to be approved by the forms committee. i guess not ! there are Lt's making up there own forms and making their squads do them. thats ok to violate that GO but watch out if you are a fly's hair outside of your living area.

06-24-2008, 07:06 PM
MOD 505, please put a block on anymore replies for this post. Time to move on.And who do YOU think you are? You think you can just "put a stop to officers thoughts, because YOU say it's time to move on?" How about YOU move on! I get the strong idea that YOU are probally one of these sorry supervisors. One of the ones that makes officers lives a nightmare. We have some great supervisors within the FWC AND we have some of the worst of the worst. The N.W. region is a fine example of this fact. Some of our supervisors look out for their men while others run them off. We have had SEVERAL ran off here in the last few years. If you dont believe me, take a look at last years L/E survey. Which Regional Commander scored the lowest? OURS! What has been done about it? NOTTTA>>>> I heard Ken Hadod say that a "bad" supervisor MUST GO! Well Ken....I guess we should have asked.....WHEN?

06-24-2008, 09:31 PM
i agree, it's just not one supervisor ther are several the agency will never demote someone for being a bad supervisor but watch out if your .1 miles outside of your living area. you are demoted. what a crock this place would be a better work environment if you could go to work and not have to worry about what new stupid form or detail your supervior came up with. i thought that we had to have all forms used within the DLE had to be approved by the forms committee. i guess not ! there are Lt's making up there own forms and making their squads do them. thats ok to violate that GO but watch out if you are a fly's hair outside of your living area.

The only reason a supervisor wants you to do extra forms to document what you do is to try and find a way to burn you if even by accident your numbers don't jibe from one form to the next. There's a supervisor that makes their officers fill out their daybook in a certain format to include PF codes then checks their daybooks once in a while. Why?

06-24-2008, 09:54 PM
Thought the agency did away w/ day books?

06-24-2008, 11:14 PM
Thought the agency did away w/ day books?

Some supervisors still require them if they issue them.

06-24-2008, 11:59 PM
Not sure but, thought accreditation is supposed to standardize everything? And, stop this nonsense of "this is how it's done in this region."

06-25-2008, 12:26 AM
What continues to happen is that whenever an officer brings these problems up the brass says "That's a supervisor issue" and then does nothing to stop it.

Why is that some Lts continue to run good officers off and yet nothing happens to them? Why is it that bad officers aren't dealt with? Yes, it is a supervisor issue. The bad supervisors are not being dealt with by the brass. So who is ultimately at fault? The brass.

Crap rolls down hill but it started at the top.

06-25-2008, 11:02 PM
Heres a perfect example:
Last years L/E Survey results identified a "bad" supervisor in the NW region
The Col. directed a peer group be formed to go over the results
Guess who hand picked the members of the peer group? You got it....The supervisor that received the low marks
When they heard a bit of rumbling... they allowed for a few extra members
The group has met SEVERAL times now.... Guess what they have NEVER discussed at their meetings......THE SURVEY RESULTS !!!!
Guess who they invite to be at all the peer group meetings....Right Agian...The Supervisor that received the low marks.....
This is how Tally handles Bad supervisors...KEN

06-26-2008, 03:10 PM
You can be a bad supervisor, just don't piss the Col off.... Cause if you are a bad supervisor AND piss the Col off you will be transfered to another region so you can be a bad supervisor there!!!! Kinda like what happened with the South West Maj that was transfered to the North Central a few years back.........

06-26-2008, 04:40 PM
Keys Major wasn't moved...He was given the boot. So yeah, the do get rid of some.