PDA

View Full Version : Shifts

06-05-2008, 11:50 AM
Is everybody happy with the shifts we have now? If you would like a change what would it be?

06-05-2008, 01:20 PM
I enjoy the 12 hour shifts. The only thing I would like to see is since Pensacola is in central time zone to change our hours to 6-6 which would put us in line with the rest of the state's shift change. I do not want no 8 hour or 10 hour shifts. I enjoy the time off.

06-05-2008, 02:55 PM
AgLaw should go to Permanant Day Shift, and Permanant Nights. No switching every 28 days.

But I doubt that will ever happen.

06-05-2008, 09:50 PM
They should let us on the VACIS trucks work during peak traffic times instead of having us on a set shift. The criminals learn when we are and when we are not working. Being able to switch it up as needed for us would be better. Plus do to weather conditions sometimes we cannot get alot done due to heat, rain, etc.. if we could switch it up we could be more productive. With summer coming on it's hard to get alot done on dayshift do to the heat during the day time.

06-06-2008, 12:53 AM
VACIS,

Why shouldyou get special preference? I could understand not working at 3AM when there is no truck traffic. But because it is hot outside that is no reason not to work. Everyone else still has to do their jobs when it is hot so why not you?

06-06-2008, 01:25 AM
Gee, I wonder if bad guys read this?

06-06-2008, 03:28 AM
Heck I would love 4hr shifts. Like 6a-10a before it really gets hot,lol. I'm happy with the 12hr. You get plenty of days off. One thing about permenant shifts. If it happened you know it would go by senority. So unless all the new folks like midnights I wouldn't push to hard.

06-06-2008, 11:28 AM
Yep, no permanant shift here. I would be on midnights and I hate them. Maybe in 10 years when I have some time under my belt so I can get permanant days, and off the interstate.

The last 30 minutes is always the hardest.

06-07-2008, 09:22 AM
There are a lot of people with seniority that would prefer nights. And many times, seniority (as far as those working the interstate) is only around 3 years.

06-07-2008, 11:00 AM
I would hate permanant shifts. By the time the month is over I'm ready to change. I like it the way it is.

06-07-2008, 12:06 PM
It only took atleast 2 years to start working 12's, after the concept came about. May take a heck longer to change to anything else. Just feel like its a dead hore beating.

06-08-2008, 12:56 AM
Do away with 4 hour days. Let us get those 4 hours the other 13 days we work in a pay cycle, or let us work 12hours that day and give us the OT.

06-09-2008, 01:48 PM
Gee, I wonder if bad guys read this?

I does not matter, by the time we get the truck set up the alert has been sent out by CB all the way from Miami to Atlanta. If there is an exit between us and them they are going to get off and wait until we shut down, then proceed.

06-09-2008, 11:04 PM
Vacis and K-9 are a total waste of resourses that was a way for certain people to advance their careers and gain some publicity. If the programs had been implemented for the right reasons they would have been good. It's ironic how a certain Major fought to have the program classified as "Special Ops" until he got what he wanted out of it. Now it's like "who gives a crap". I wish Homeland Security would come around and check where their millions of dollars went.