PDA

View Full Version : I'd really like to work for ABT

06-04-2008, 08:44 PM
However, I was turned down once, for what I assume was past discipline at my agency. Does it pay to reapply?

06-04-2008, 10:55 PM
If the disciplinary action was severe enough to take you out of the running, I would say future applications would meet with the same result. If on the other hand, you made it through the background and another applicant was selected over you (one without a prior disciplinary issue) then I would reapply when another position came open. I can tell you some disciplinary issues are taken more seriously than others.

06-05-2008, 02:34 AM
If the disciplinary action was severe enough to take you out of the running, I would say future applications would meet with the same result. If on the other hand, you made it through the background and another applicant was selected over you (one without a prior disciplinary issue) then I would reapply when another position came open. I can tell you some disciplinary issues are taken more seriously than others.

Thanks. I was never formerly told why I was taken out of the running. After waiting a month after my oral board, I contacted a lady in Tallahassee (whoever the contact is who's listed in the email from the state). I was simply told that another applicant was chosen, and I assumed it was due to my past disciplinary action, as that's (not to sound conceited) all I had going against me.

Thanks for the reply

06-06-2008, 01:43 AM
Keep trying, couldn't hurt, the worst thing that can happen is they say no again.

06-06-2008, 02:35 AM
If you apply again, and don't get an interview it would be safe to assume they had a problem with your past disciplinary action.

06-07-2008, 02:46 AM
let me tell you ABT is the rudest agecy i've ever spoke or delt with in 25 years of poilce work.
Who do they think they are , the biggest bunch of do nothing low pay , want to be cop in the state.
if it wern't for the state connection no one would want anything to to with you.
Its a shame things have gooten this bad were people want to work for this typr of agecy.
one day, I hope ypu all find yourselves that are in the hiring mix on the front page or fired were you should be.

06-07-2008, 09:45 AM
let me tell you ABT is the rudest agecy i've ever spoke or delt with in 25 years of poilce work.
Who do they think they are , the biggest bunch of do nothing low pay , want to be cop in the state.
if it wern't for the state connection no one would want anything to to with you.
Its a shame things have gooten this bad were people want to work for this typr of agecy.
one day, I hope ypu all find yourselves that are in the hiring mix on the front page or fired were you should be.

F U C K YOU TOO !!

06-08-2008, 01:24 AM

In 25 years? Do you work at Disney?

06-10-2008, 01:25 AM

SUCK IT!!!

06-10-2008, 01:45 PM

ARE NOT !!!

06-10-2008, 05:21 PM
Let me tell you(no comma) ABT is the rudest agecy i've ever spoke(no 'n') on the end of 'spoken') or delt with in 25 years of poilce work.
Who do they think they are(wheres the ?) the biggest bunch of do nothing, low pay , want to be cops in the state.
if it wern't for the state connection(wheres the comma?) no one would want anything to to with you.

:shock:

06-10-2008, 08:51 PM
Thanks for pointing out all this moron's grammatical mistakes. His Momma must be proud?

Show us your GED moron.

06-10-2008, 09:35 PM
Let me tell you(no comma) ABT is the rudest agecy i've ever spoke(no 'n') on the end of 'spoken') or delt with in 25 years of poilce work.
Who do they think they are(wheres the ?) the biggest bunch of do nothing, low pay , want to be cops in the state.
if it wern't for the state connection(wheres the comma?) no one would want anything to to with you.

:shock:

HAAHAHAHAHAHAHA, PHUKING TOOL !!

06-11-2008, 01:43 AM
However, I was turned down once, for what I assume was past discipline at my agency. Does it pay to reapply?

Getting back to the original post.........

The person to contact for inquiries regarding your application is Mimi Molina, you can call the front desk number for ABT Tallahassee and ask the helpful operator to transfer you to her. She is one of the most considerate people and she has a thankless task so if you get her voice mail just leave a detailed message and she will get back to you. The hiring process is a mystery even to those on the hiring board, sometimes. An applicant may get to the hiring board, be interviewed in Miami, come in second, but one week later another hiring board will be interviewing in Tampa and will never know about the person who came in second in Miami. For that reason, it pays to go back into People First and apply for each region that you may be interested in. The alternative method is to work closely with Mimi to ensure that she hand selects your application and includes it for consideration in each region that may be interviewing. Those are the only two methods I know of for keeping your name in the running if you are not selected the first time out. Good luck!