PDA

View Full Version : PT Test

06-04-2008, 12:42 AM
Is it true in your agency one can be fired for not passing a physical agility test? What about a previous knee injury, that may hamper you to run. Are you allowed to swim instead? Just curious.

06-07-2008, 11:48 PM
Is it true in your agency one can be fired for not passing a physical agility test? What about a previous knee injury, that may hamper you to run. Are you allowed to swim instead? Just curious.

Swim??? Swim....huh you are funny dude, this place wouldn't here of a swim test even though there are plenty of lakes around.

To answer your question; YES, they will and thats not the only thing either just familiarize yourself with other topics on this forum to educate yourself about the agency and matters which are ignored and not being addressed by the current regime.

06-08-2008, 02:56 PM
Do they use a standardized wellness program, such as the Cooper?

06-11-2008, 02:51 PM
Do they use a standardized wellness program, such as the Cooper?

Sort of, its an obstacle course type that involves the ladder climb, over the wall, through a door, dummy drag, approach the suspect through a window, sprint it out event which starts on the clock from a patrol car seated position. The only wellness program @ CCSO is those who suck up to the Sheriff by running in events with him to gain browning points for promotion, or get up early and meet him at the gym. I've seen people out all night two sheets to the wind pass this course without trying....So there's nothing to get worked up about but some do have a hard time with it and they HOLD that over them like a carrot because they used to HOLD your merit raises for NOT passing and now they want to terminate!!!!

Your better off elsewhere than going through the hiring process and FTO to be let down by the constant schnanigans, and puppet regime mentality that is enforced here....The PT test is the least of your worries when you consider the poor leadership skills, direction and disciplinary techniques that are NOT conformed by any level of professionalism. Several years ago legislation passed allowing all public officials to be represented by collective bargaining which instills fairness with all disciplinary measures set forth by policy and procedures. NOT @ CCSO and will never be as long as the current regime is in place. Read this forum and do your homework otherwise you subjecting yourself to a career that maybe tarnsihed/ blemished and ended on the "my way or highway philosophy"...

Wish you well with your decision making skills.....

www.hemrickforsheriff.com (http://www.hemrickforsheriff.com)

06-11-2008, 11:46 PM
Thanks for the info., I am a SLEO and the collective bargaining units do little for raises, but are there "if needed" to make sure everything is done correctly and fairly. Be safe out there.

06-12-2008, 11:52 PM
Thanks for the info., I am a SLEO and the collective bargaining units do little for raises, but are there "if needed" to make sure everything is done correctly and fairly. Be safe out there.

Sorry to hear that SLEO, we have the PBA where i'm at now and with there legislative reps/pull and active involvement with both agencies an state reps and county commission things are good. I've been on both sides of the coin in a PD and SO without and with collective bargaining. In each case the signing of a contract yielded improved benefits, pay raises, and fairness of discipline and grievance procedures. Those issues in an of themselves are huge especially for agencies like CCSO that are still stuck in the Good 'Ol Boy way or No way mentality. While at CCSO i was told on several occassions NOT to raise the issue of unions or payroll deduction for take home cars to offset the cost of fuel & maintenance when in reality it only makes sense to enjoy the perk of the vehicle. Intimidation and scare tactics still exist amongst this adminstration as well as violating "officer bill of rights"

Thinking outside the box is frowned upon at CCSO so if you are intending on settling down in the area, i wish you luck....make sure you read the other posts advising others of the ongoing schnanigans as well as admins attempts to quell the waters being stirred-up....

BSAFE and wear your vest

06-13-2008, 01:22 AM
SLEO,

There are several other SLEOs that currently work here. All of them that I know are happier here than with the State. Do your homework.

Talk to as many Deputies that work at CCSO as you can. From there you should be able to determine if CCSO is the place for you.

ALSO.... ALL SOs are more politcal than working for the state. Politics are what they are, you'll have to deal with it no matter where you choose to go.

Good luck!

06-14-2008, 01:11 AM
SLEO,

There are several other SLEOs that currently work here. All of them that I know are happier here than with the State. Do your homework.

Talk to as many Deputies that work at CCSO as you can. From there you should be able to determine if CCSO is the place for you.

ALSO.... ALL SOs are more politcal than working for the state. Politics are what they are, you'll have to deal with it no matter where you choose to go.

Good luck!

Go PBA and vote for Hemrick!!!! That will HELP this sad state of affairs, low morale, and BS from the higher ups....

06-24-2008, 10:26 PM
If you want to be treated fair and have opportunity based on ability and education not who's A$$ you kiss then VOTE HANK. NO kidding here folks it is time for a change.

PLEASE VOTE and MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD, LOUD and CLEAR.

VOTEHEMRICKFORSHERIFF.COM

Vampire Slayer Two
10-17-2008, 12:40 AM
After reading most of these post I have to agree with you on this one.

votehemrickforsheriff.com

Vampire Slayer Two
10-17-2008, 12:59 AM
So whats next? Ban on smoking? Eating certain foods? vitamin requirments?
no alcohol? got to bed at a certain time?
next thing you know the deputies will be reqired to call each other "comrad".

This is so, so sad.

Vampire Slayer Two
06-13-2009, 03:23 AM
Sheriff Charlie Morris preached integrity. The word hung in large letters in his headquarters. His peers elected him head of Florida's sheriffs association and gave him a seat on the state board that disciplines law officers who stray.
But it was an act. For years he'd been running an elaborate scheme in Okaloosa County, giving employees bonuses from federal homeland security grants and other sources — and requiring a kickback in return.
He had the department buy him new cars so frequently, it's unlikely they ever lost that just-off-the-lot smell. He put a mistress on the county payroll for a highly paid, no-show job.
When FBI agents arrested him in February as he partied in Las Vegas, Morris had $30,000 cash in the hotel safe and $5,000 in his pockets. He received at least $114,000 in kickbacks over the last few years while doling out much more than that in illegal bonuses — a figure that's still being tallied. He pleaded guilty last month and faces decades in prison when sentenced July 28.
"It is very bizarre. Here is a man who has seen numerous investigations over his career, he knows that he's not going to get away with this and yet he chooses to do it anyway. I'm disgusted," said interim sheriff Edward Spooner, a Florida Department of Law Enforcement training director who had known Morris for years.
Morris, a 59-year-old retired Air Force security officer, seemed a perfect fit for the conservative Panhandle County of about 175,000. Sprawling Eglin Air Force Base takes up most of the land and its glittering white beaches are popular with tourists.
He left nearby Hurlburt Air Force Base as a major with 18 years in the military and joined the Fort Walton Beach Police Department for four years before he was elected sheriff in 1996. The job paid him $133,000 a year.
"He instilled professionalism around here, improved training. He had a vision and created a culture of doing things right every time," said Maj. Larry Ashley, a 20-year department veteran who reported the sheriff to the FBI.
Morris' downfall began in January when Ashley started asking questions about a car and county-paid gas credit card the sheriff had sent to a Tallahassee woman he'd hired for an $80,000-a-year job. She was rarely in the office, her duties were vague and her employment wasn't listed on most official records.
:oops:

09-30-2009, 06:08 PM
So whats next? Ban on smoking? Eating certain foods? vitamin requirments?
no alcohol? got to bed at a certain time?
next thing you know the deputies will be reqired to call each other "comrad".

This is so, so sad.

Honestly, I think it's WONDERFUL for people in our profession to be in shape. I think it's funny to see a deputy out of shape, try to chase someone. Sorry charlie, but, if your in better shape, you carry a better lifestyle, sleep better, and honestly don't need the booze to feel good about yourself. Get your lazy ass up and exercise.

Vampire Slayer Two
12-18-2009, 04:21 AM
I can agree with you on that note; however this is just another scam to get rid of people the admin does not want around anymore. Believe me I have seen this scam before. Look at the numbers, see who has been there for years and now they are gone because of this scam, many just let go, some forced into early retirement, etc. and then look at the ones still there who are in no better condition, before or now and have been “exempt” from the test!! This is fact. The sheriff is king here, and his patrol commander is a butt kisser. Just like their CALEA designation, it’s a scam.
:cop: